Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
FA have said they might yet still take action against EBJT.
I heard there was the possibility of charging both Terry and Ferdinand with ungentlemanly conduct/bringing the game into disrepute/or similar on account of the language they used – if that's the case then there are going to have to be a lot of players facing similar charges.

On a brighter note (and my, it is brighter) those Arsenal kits – gauchogolfer and I agreed on Twitter (we're well cool, us :p) that we weren't keen on how they look. Purple is a tricky colour to pull off, and the reasoning that it's been used to reflect the Jubilee seems somewhat silly as well.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Dunno what the heck they were thinking or smoking when they approved the design. That person should be fired promptly.

...then again Liverpool's 3rd kit might provide sufficient competition...not that it makes things any better

Axs8SyBCEAAH5jN.jpg

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Dunno what the heck they were thinking or smoking when they approved the design. That person should be fired promptly.

...then again Liverpool's 3rd kit might provide sufficient competition...not that it makes things any better

Axs8SyBCEAAH5jN.jpg

Bloody hell, that's hideous. :eek:

It looks like it's been designed by a 6 year old kid who's just got some new felt tip pens.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Cosmos thing is cool.

If you have a Ross's dept store nearby you can pick some of their retro stuff cheap, under $20 US. i have a training jacket and tshirt. might run get a kit today... :D

Wait 'til a Tuesday. :D :)

Rangers - an opportunity to build a young team that improves through the divisions?

daneoni - Liverpool 3rd - may not be as bad as that picture, but not good:

Cheers,
OW

Attachments

• getItOffMyHardDrive.jpg
    getItOffMyHardDrive.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 187

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
I don't see where the tribal design sleeves fit in with Liverpool. Maybe they are trying to appeal to the American crowd with the sleeves.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Both shirts are shockingly ugly. :eek: The one in oscillatedwildly's photo is not as bad, but it's still bad. We're heading back to the 90s in terms of shirt design, with the exception that they are tight and not baggy.

2020mike said:
I don't see where the tribal design sleeves fit in with Liverpool. Maybe they are trying to appeal to the American crowd with the sleeves.

I know, since when was football ever tribal in nature? ;)

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
You'll never guess who was on my plane home from Portugal this afternoon..

Hull City A.F.C!

Traveling back from their Tour De Portugal... Even pro footballers have to get planes with the rest of us :p

Don't know if it was the entire squad but it was Hull City nonetheless!

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
always interesting what shirts you have over there :) (The shirt of the national team's goal keeper was already very funny).

Seems you have the real designers over there (I mean those that fit the cliche that every designer has to be gay :)

I got to admit though that Schalke 04 once had a pink away shirt, which fans were proud of :D

I do not have the possibility to watch english premier league games, but on Tuesday I was bowling and they showed ManU vs Man City on a screen. Was impressed. (Was wondering who that agile little man was, until I realized it is Silva) :)

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
hm... ok then it must hurt your very eyes even more. I pity you. :eek:

(PS: just to be sure. If I gave the impression I am anti-gay, I am not! Also, if I have hurt someone, I didn't mean it, too.)

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
A good win tonight for my Fire behind a beautiful Pavel Pardo free kick. Sorry To hear about your boys in yellow losing tonight lord blackadder, wait no I'm not.;) I'm sure you'll rub it in when your reds continue to beat my toffees this upcoming premier season.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Bloody hell, that's hideous. :eek:

It looks like it's been designed by a 6 year old kid who's just got some new felt tip pens.

Both shirts are shockingly ugly.(...) We're heading back to the 90s in terms of shirt design, with the exception that they are tight and not baggy.

I think those tribals are supposed to fit to all those arms full of tribal tatoos..such a bad idea. I can't imagine somebody actually buying one of those. Poor players.

But it's only the second baddest shirt i've ever seen, right after this one (which is actually from the 90s):

Attachments

• bochum-trikot.jpg
    bochum-trikot.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 55

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
Word tonight is that Newcastle have put an offer in to bring Andy Carroll back to St James' Park whatever it's called these days...
St. James' Park
Sportsdirect.com Stadium at St. James' Park.

Sports Direct Arena

A better name would be "Mike Ashley is the Biggest Tool in the Football World Stadium at Screw Tradition Park". Maybe a bit too big for a sign?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
VfL Bochum? I'm guessing that the away shirt is the third worst you've seen. ;)

View attachment 348138

yeah, maybe i switched the channel or so..couldn't remember those. Thank's for reminding me..those dark ages..

But because you wrote it before: If Carroll joins Newcastle, aren't there too many strikers on the field? I just read that Ba wants to stay as well.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
But because you wrote it before: If Carroll joins Newcastle, aren't there too many strikers on the field? I just read that Ba wants to stay as well.

The Africa nations Cup could lock up Ba and Cisse for a month, so Newcastle are probably looking for cover there.

If Rogers thinks Carroll must go, then I'm behind it. But I think we'll struggle to sell him for much over 10 million, and I don't know who Rogers is thinking of replacing him with. Right now we have Bellamy (probably gone soon), Suarez, Carroll and Borini - and if we get rid of two of those we'll need to sign one more striker, as I think we need three.

A good win tonight for my Fire behind a beautiful Pavel Pardo free kick. Sorry To hear about your boys in yellow losing tonight lord blackadder, wait no I'm not.;) I'm sure you'll rub it in when your reds continue to beat my toffees this upcoming premier season.

That's fine, I'll just pop in my 2008 season DVD and re-live the magic of Chad Marshall leaping like a salmon over Brian McBride to power in a header and help knock the Fire out on our way to MLS Cup. ;) (2008 seems so long ago now :eek:)

We've very up-and-down this season and the natives are restless over our manager. I think our performance this season will go a long way towards determining whether he stays or goes. Two losses in a row now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.