Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pokernut

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I'm trying to log into my Facetime but I get the following error "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

Now I've found this advice in on another site:

" (make sure Facetime is closed)
1. In Spotlight type in "Keychain Access"
2. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA - This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)
3. Launch Facetime and login - this time there will be no error..."

This seemed to work for everyone else but myself, when I go into keychain access there's no certificate called 'Apple iPhone Device CA'.

Anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

demonfox13x

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
I've got the same problem on Lion GM. FaceTime won't let me log in to my apple id. I've tried multiple logins, deleting preference files and searching for the certificate in Keychain access.

anthorumor

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Lots of complaints on the Official Apple forums. Seems like this is a flaw for many people who've done the default AppStore installation process. This has to be fixed!

edit: i too have this problem. and I too dont have iPhone Device CA.

peoplevoice

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
FaceTime not working in Lion

After moving to Lion I'm getting same error message :
"The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later".
I've tried all solutions (found in this forum) and nothing has worked yet.

peoplevoice

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
FaceTime now working in Lion

I'd been trying for several days to fix this problem following many solutions in this forum.

Finally I got it to work. I just click on the "Time" in the top bar of the computer and choose "Open Date & Time Preferences".

Then checked "Set date and time automatically" and started to work!!!!!!!

popabczhang

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
i succeeded

I'd been trying for several days to fix this problem following many solutions in this forum.

Finally I got it to work. I just click on the "Time" in the top bar of the computer and choose "Open Date & Time Preferences".

I succeeded after "set date and time automatically"

Cammmalot

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011

This worked for me too! Thank You!

Bigglesworth

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008

Thanks peoplevoice - that was the solution for me on my Mac for FaceTime and on my iPad and iPhone for iMessage and FaceTime on iOS5!

jacobharvy

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
facetime problems...

this worked for me, i had plugged my friends iphone into my mac today and then my facetime wouldn't work. i looked and found his iphone in keychain deleted it and after facetime worked. i did still have my iphone in keychain it was only my friends that was the problem.
im not sure but i bet for those with this error that dont have devices still look in key chain for anything with an unknown authority and get rid of it and your problem will be fixed.

I'm trying to log into my Facetime but I get the following error "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

Now I've found this advice in on another site:

" (make sure Facetime is closed)
1. In Spotlight type in "Keychain Access"
2. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA - This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)
3. Launch Facetime and login - this time there will be no error..."

This seemed to work for everyone else but myself, when I go into keychain access there's no certificate called 'Apple iPhone Device CA'.

Anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

metatech

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
You can also try the following to delete the expired SSL certicate used by Apple Push Services :
rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.applepushserviced.plist

metatech

JBasco20

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
i deleted the stuff in keychain and also cleared my hosts file and still getting the same error.... anyone else have any idea's?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.