Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I noticed a few days ago that Intuit/Quicken has made available Quicken 7 that will work on Lion. If you all remember when Lion came out support for Quicken ceased and it would not run on Lion. Well Quicken has made available Quicken 7 that will run on the Mac with Lion (I have 10.7.3). If you are using Quicken Essentials you can export to Quicken 7 and be on your way. The cost to get this program is $15.00 and it's not an upgrade it's the full program has reported by Mac/Life.

BUT,HOLD THE PHONE!

I have been a long time Quicken user and quite frankly that is the only reason I use Parallels and a Window partition. I needed to use Quicken and I don't like Essentials. One minor problem with the software. It works great except it will not download any files from any bank. Either by the OneStep or regular download. It continually give the the error "Quicken Could not connect to the server. Please try again. OL-290."

I have spoken with Quicken and email the error logs to them about 4 days ago and so far no resolution. They have a web page dedicated to the issue so they know of the problem but thus far no resolution. I sure hope they get it fixed. I like this program much better than Essentials.

I plan to give them another week or so and see if they can fix the problem. (I'm surprised they released it without testing it. Holy smokes.)

If they can't fix it in a reasonable amount of time I am going to request a refund. It's only $15.00 but the program is basically useless if you can't connect and download transactions. If any of you have downloaded the program and are having the same issue (I imagine everyone will.) please contact Quicken and raise some cain. If they can get log files from lots of folks it will help them to fix the problem sooner.

Regards,

Pat

ejkionka

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
Quicken for Mac Download Bank Files Issue

I went back to Quicken for Mac 2007 last week (Lion version), having tried a couple of other programs. I still like QM 2007 best, especially for the reporting features.

I used my QM 2007 data file, which was only a few months out of date, and simply brought it current. It opened without a hitch, and my ability to download transactions is working fine. So apparently the issue is not universal.

PatM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I went back to Quicken for Mac 2007 last week (Lion version), having tried a couple of other programs. I still like QM 2007 best, especially for the reporting features.

I used my QM 2007 data file, which was only a few months out of date, and simply brought it current. It opened without a hitch, and my ability to download transactions is working fine. So apparently the issue is not universal.

Well that is good to know. I didn't use a 2007 file but Essentials. So maybe therein lies the rub. Hummmmm. I wonder what my next step is?

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
I am having no issues D/L from my bank via QM 2007. But yesterday I was at my parents paying some of their bills and QW 2011 would not connect to their bank. Said it was a server issue. Don't know if it is related or not.

ejkionka

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
Server Issue

I had that same problem on Sunday, turned out it was indeed a server problem (Chase VISA). Went back later and everything was fine.

macsrwe

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2006
Arizona

Or you just haven't experienced it yet.

Like you, I opened all my old data files and they worked fine… for about two weeks. Then I started getting the dreaded OL-290 errors from Discover, and I haven't been able to download anything from them since.

GretchSum

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Quicken2007/Discover OL-290 error message

I have not been able to update Discover transactions for over a month. When I spoke to Discover, they indicated that there is an issue with Quicken, and they (I assume they mean Quicken) are working on resolving it.

fatire

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2010
Q2007 1.16.1.2 runs on Lion but wont connect to TD Bank

Same issue as OP, except with TD Bank. From my research it looks like the trouble varies by financial institution. I have demanded a solution within 48hrs or I'll be having MasterCard charge back my $15 as a fraudulent sale. Like why am I waiting, clearly there isn't a solution, and clearly Intuit isn't going to flinch at my ultimatum! ;-)
So what else is out there that does checking really well on the Mac?

----------

Excuse my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with "QT" & "QW". Please educate me.

Secondly, does it work with Mountain Lion?

Define "work"? It runs on Mt. Lion but has varied connection issues.

John Adams

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
I just think the people at Intuit hate Mac. There is no excuse why we don't have a current, new Mac version that works as well as their windows versions. If you ask them about a new Mac version, you get canned non-answers. Personally, I don't think we'll ever see one.

I am new to Mac, less than a year, and being a 15-year Quicken user is the only thing that keeps me tied to windows and my old laptop. I need to get parallels up and running but would love a new native Mac version so I can say goodbye to Windows forever.

audiemom

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2012
Help!!! New to Forum

Longtime Quicken User. Do One Step Update daily with USAA FSB. Last one, 20
Dec 12 at 0545 no problem. Friday (the dreaded end of world), and get OL-290 message repeatedly. Have called Quicken and walked through their mapwork and no success. Called USAA but yet to get into the meat with them. Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.