Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madkub

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
3rd gen with 4 buttons, then a 4th gen, 4th gen photo, 5g video + 1st gen nano, 80gb classic, then moved away from iPod to iPhone, 3g, 4, now 4s

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
1st gen Nano White 4gb.

Sat on it in my back pocket, screen half broken.
Dropped it second time, DEAD

Got my 1st gen Touch a year later

AppleDroid1008

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
refurbished iPod photo 20bGB Christmas 2006, didn't know I wanted or needed it. Unfortunately I have a large music library so I converted the songs to a very low bit rate. Wasn't really a big deal as I was mostly using cheap head phones. When I found it a year or 2 later when I had a car I realized that quality of the songs was god awful

Eventually got the the ipod Classic 120, sold it a year later, and bought the 160 not for any other reason than my warranty was expiring and I realized if I sold it Could buy a new one for not much more than what it would cost to extend the warranty

Girlfriend gave me her 2nd Gen touch, sold it for a 4th gen which I got for really cheap.

sold the classic 160 needed money

bought used ipod video 60 when a few bones got tossed my way. and miss the ui of the classic not to mention the sleekness. Still happy to have my music all on my device though :)

mushtama

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
My parents got me a 1st gen 4GB nano for my 14th birthday back in 2006. I was absolutely ecstatic about it! Used it right until I got an iphone 4 back in 2010, not sure where it is right now...

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
It was a black 5th gen iPod w/video. Looking back calling the thing a video player is funny, but at the time i thought it was the dogs bollocks.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
40 GB 4th gen (clickwheel), then a 4 GB 3rd Gen nano, then an 80 GB 5.5th gen (video), then for a while an 8 GB nano 5th gen (the one with the video camera).

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
4th generation iPod 20GB, which at the time my parents weren't aware of the iPod video so I turned around and exchanged it for a lovely 60GB Video.

Funny thing is I thought digital music players were lame for several years, but once I got my iPod I instantly became addicted. I've now had:
a second 60GB Video, 80GB Video (stolen), 80GB Video swapped with a 320GB hard drive (functions as a video output device to my TV), 80GB Video with 120GB swap, 120GB Classic (currently in use), 160GB Classic (plan on switching to this as my music player once my 120GB battery gets poor), 1st gen nano (sold), 2x 2nd gen nanos (red/black, both sold), 2x 2nd generation shuffles orange/red (still have), 2x 3rd generation shuffles black/silver (still have somewhere), 4th gen shuffle (gold, currently in use), 6th generation graphite nano (screen cracked, red one on the way) and a 4th generation iPod Touch (currently used, for apps)

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
4th generation 30gb iPod with Color Display, bought in 2005, and it still works even on battery, though between iPhones and iPads, it doesn't get used much anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 69

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
My first iPod was an iPod Touch 2G 8gb purchased in March of 2009. Its definitely seen better days. The volume down button doesn't work, the screen has been replaced once, and the ribbon cable connecting the touch screen is loose or something, so the only way I can use the iPod is with one of those big butterfly paper clips attatched to the top of the screen. Oh and the audio jack doesn't work so I can only listen to music when it's docked or through the built in speaker. I have used this iPod almost every day since I got it. And it's definitely seen some heavy use. I primarily use it for YouTube, texting when I'm on wifi, calendar, contacts, the occasional quick google search etc. Basically as a PDA when I'm away from my desktop or laptops. I'm limping along until the next revision. Hopefully it survives. I have other iPods, but I really enjoy everything the touch offers.

Bollebep

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Netherlands
Ipod Classic

I was sort of late to the game; 2007 Ipod Classic 80 gb. Pretty cool thing though:) I still use it from time to time, but my iphone is slowly taking over :p

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
My first one was a blue 5th gen Nano. I used to listen to music from a CD player, but I decided to upgrade because it was interesting, and not just a music player. I found out that I did just need a music player, (I also needed more space) so I purchased a third-gen iPod and later fixed up an original iPod and upgraded it to 15 GB, which is now my main one.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
My first was a black nano 4th gen in 2008. I absolutely fell in love with the thing, and started a lifelong relationship (i presume ;) ). Today I have a few more, lets say 50+ :D

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I had an original from when they first came out. Wished that I never got rid of it. The wheel mechanically turned. It was one heavy iPod. Pretty thick.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Really late to the party here, 4th gen iPod touch. I refused to buy until apple put a camera in the touch.

Davy.Shalom

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
2nd gen iPod shuffle.

I still use it when I go running or do weight training...it gets used 6/7 days of the week! It's been washed twice, and it still works just great. However, the battery is getting old and I'm thinking about buying a new one to solder on. Part of me is just leaning toward buying an entirely new iPod shuffle, considering how cheap they are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.