Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obsoletepower

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I'm having a little issue that's been present since beta 2. No matter what notification sound I select for incoming mail on my iPad it still rings the "Chimes" notification.

Anybody else having this issue?

dave8209

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Providence, RI
No FaceTime over 3G/4G

now AT&T customers cannot FaceTime over cellular?
image.jpg

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
now AT&T customers cannot FaceTime over cellular?
View attachment 348431

Sure enough after I reset network settings I went to make a FaceTime call and it told me I had to connect to wifi or turn on cellular and took me to this page.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342492234.938066.jpg

If I try to turn it ON it gives me the screen above ab contacting AT&T.
This is just great! I really hope they don't charge for this. It would be a huge bonehead move.

Forko

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Is this new?

This Bluetooth icon pops up to the right when I activate Siri with my Bluetooth hands free.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 145

dave8209

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Providence, RI
No FaceTime over 3G/4G

Can anyone confirm if they can still FaceTime over 3g without a message directing them to their cellular providers website/phone number
Does it work freely with Verizon or Sprint in US

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Game Center in b3 now shows OS X games that support GC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 191

DrSD

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Melbourne
Few new icons in Accessibility>assistive touch

Crap never mind someone already posted.

Why does Apple still uses google maps on beta.icloud? when you find your iphone and Mac and ipad it still has google maps on it?

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    400.6 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    397.2 KB · Views: 112

zbergeron01

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
iMessage iPad

I noticed comments here and there about not having the option to add a number to iMessage on the iPad although it has been confirmed as a new feature in beta 3... I do not have the option to add a number either and was wondering if anyone actually had an answer as to why this is not an option for some of us? (I have tried resetting and restoring, etc all do not have number option for unified)

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Running a beta unless you're a developer will end the warranty on your device. But, you can turn Assistive Touch on if you need to. It has controls for all the hardware buttons.

You'll be fine - I've gotten 2 iPad replacements. First the dock connector wasn't working, then the home button so the guy made me downgrade at the store. No big deal.

Sekelani

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I love in Australia. And have noticed in ios beta 3 , I can now ask Siri to find a dentist, restaurants, Italian, Chinese restaurants. It's pretty interesting. Anyone else have this in Australia

gary1979

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Picture message incompatible with ios5 devices?

Not sure if this is a bug with beta 3, but sent my friend a picture message and he said it was blank message. He is running ios5. Yesterday before I updated, I sent him a message and he had no problems receiving the pictures.

----------

This Bluetooth icon pops up to the right when I activate Siri with my Bluetooth hands free.

This is new indeed. Have been using Bluetooth with my car radio and it was annoying when I tried Siri, because it was trying to get it from the mic I have installed in my car but could never understand anything. Now it gives the option to switch to the phone mic.

Neitin

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
I have read it modmyi that you cannot downgrade to iOS 5

Devices updated to iOS 6 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 6 software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.