Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HuskyMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Denver, co
Lately I have had big problems with streaming anything on Netflix. Started about a week and a half ago and video stops and buffers. I have 20+ megs cable internet so I know it is not that. To see if it was Netflix, I streamed some stuff on my Xbox and had no problems. I also went from using WiFi to plugging directly into the router and that still didnt fix. I restarted the ATV and still problems. Anyone else have issues like this.. Thanks in advance.

:apple:

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Yes don't worry you're not alone. There is a network connectivity problem going on with the Apple TV, whether they're admitting it or not. Lots of comments/threads over at the Apple support forums about this.

takezo808

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
It may not be networking issue. I would try other streaming with ATV such as Air play, other sources sucah as youtube app etc... If only the netflix has buffering issues. it means that the netflix software is at fault.

Only n00bs will jump to the conclusion it's a network interface issue with out testing other software or network related features first.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Trust me, it's network. Happens on both Netflix and iTunes streaming. Rebooting the device doesn't help. Lots of discussion happened over on the Apple discussion boards.

HuskyMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Denver, co
It seems like everything else streams fine... YouTube, previews and even replays on the MLB app. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Netflix problem. They really just need to open up the ATV to developers to make everything better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.