Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merryman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
I have 2 current nanos. The button to access the menu screen stopped working on both. Any suggestions.

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
The button to access the menu? There are three buttons on the current-gen iPod Nano: Sleep/wake, volume up, volume down. You access the menu by a two-finger pinch motion on the screen or by swiping left until you get to the menu.

If I just misunderstood your post, try restoring your iPods using iTunes. That should isolate if this is a hardware or software problem.

Merryman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Sorry. I should've done my homework. It's the "sleep/wake" button that no longer works.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Have you confirmed that the nano works? If you plug the nano into a charger, the screen should come on. I would try to restore it to see if the sleep button comes back to life. If it doesn't, then the button is probably stuck

I saw some google stuff on fixing a sticking button. Try searching for a stuck button.

Merryman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Thx. The nano does work when plugged into charger. I use it in my car. Problem is when it's unplugged and the screen goes to sleep...there is no way to wake it. Just seems odd that I had the same problem with 2 nanos. I'll research stuck button as you suggested.

Merryman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Well after further research I found that the sleep/wake button sticking is a common problem. Unable to fix. Thankfully I purchased with Amex who credited my account without question. I'm lucky. I'll wait for the next generation. Thx to everyone that responded!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.