Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I saw this story a couple of weeks ago on a local radio stations webpage and what stood out for me was the following:

Pauline feels confident that her “bumping uglies” diet will continue to help her achieve an ideal weight of 532 pounds, and she has encouraged Alex to visit more frequently to help speed up the process.

Isn't that the ideal weight of a blue whale?:confused::confused::confused:

Nah, that's the sperm whale

:D

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I know that 532 pounds seems far from an "ideal" weight in many people's eyes. However, she's been well over 600 for so long (I can corroborate that, as I've seen her on several BBW and SSBBW-related sites**) and has had serious mobility problems for close to a decade. This goal is considerably more reasonable for her situation, at least in the short term. She'll regain a considerable bit of mobility, yet remain large enough so that she doesn't have such a tough mental task of reconciling her body image -- and will still be considered attractive enough to her ex-husband or other suitors willing to help her continue with her "sexercise" regimen.

** disclaimer: FA here, so yeah, I've seen my share and more of big ladies like Pauline, Donna Simpson and others. I don't get into the feeder aspects of it, though; that's taking it too far, IMH and weird O. I was never much of a fan of Donna's for that very reason.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Maybe this is what we need for society to cure the growing obesity problem. More sex for everyone :)

BTW, anyone else find it funny that they can apparently have sex whilst living in different states? :D

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
yet remain large enough so that she doesn't have such a tough mental task of reconciling her body image

There's nothing mentally tough about reconciling your body image going from extra large to healthy weight, I will testify to that. In fact, it's mentally enjoyable.

So no, her target weight is still about 400 lbs too high like dukebound put it.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
So no, her target weight is still about 400 lbs too high like dukebound put it.

That's why I said "at least in the short term." Living at 500-ish pounds is still difficult and carries a considerable risk of accelerating other health problems, but at least it's a start from the nearly-unbearable 700, and she may become motivated later to reduce in 100-pound steps.

I can only hope that she can find a good plastic surgeon over time. Given her uneven weight distribution, she may find the excess skin on her legs seriously impeding her motion (obvious aesthetic/cosmetic factors aside).

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
BTW, anyone else find it funny that they can apparently have sex whilst living in different states? :D

Are you saying she's big enough to occupy more than one state at the same time.

You can be in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona at the same time, and not be a blue whale.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
she may find the excess skin on her legs seriously impeding her motion (obvious aesthetic/cosmetic factors aside).

Skin is an organ, a living mass of tissue that can grow and shink, it's not a rubber band that can be stretched too large and never resume it's initial shape. As long as she keeps burning fat, the skin will eventually shrink to fit her new body.

"Loose skin" or "excess skin" is merely excess fat deposits that are still present in certain areas under the skin preventing the organ from assuming the right shape. Of course, these deposits are harder for the body to burn, so it tends to go for muscle mass instead of these, which is why most people resort to surgery to remove them.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Are you saying she's big enough to occupy more than one state at the same time.

You can be in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona at the same time, and not be a blue whale.
Yeah I know it's childish, but found it funny that's all. :eek:

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Mattress kryptonite. Poor mattress. :(

He hasn't been sticking into a vagina at all. It was just a roll of fat shaped like it may have been the right spot.

Oh come one

Puke.gif

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Skin is an organ, a living mass of tissue that can grow and shink, it's not a rubber band that can be stretched too large and never resume it's initial shape. As long as she keeps burning fat, the skin will eventually shrink to fit her new body.

"Loose skin" or "excess skin" is merely excess fat deposits that are still present in certain areas under the skin preventing the organ from assuming the right shape. Of course, these deposits are harder for the body to burn, so it tends to go for muscle mass instead of these, which is why most people resort to surgery to remove them.

Under normal and even moderately abnormal conditions, skin can shrink back. However, this shrinking has limits. In extreme situations such as Pauline's, the skin can be stretched so thin to the point of breaking open (especially when edema is present) and/or stays distended because of large numbers of new skin cells that grew in to cover the volume over time. Skin also naturally loses elasticity as a person ages; this explains why wrinkles form on older persons' face and hands. Combine these factors together, and the patient ends up with a double-whammy of excess skin tissue and subcutaneous fat tissue (however deflated) that chafes easily, is hard to keep clean and healthy, and is aesthetically unpleasant.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Under normal and even moderately abnormal conditions, skin can shrink back. However, this shrinking has limits. In extreme situations such as Pauline's, the skin can be stretched so thin to the point of breaking open (especially when edema is present) and/or stays distended because of large numbers of new skin cells that grew in to cover the volume over time. Skin also naturally loses elasticity as a person ages; this explains why wrinkles form on older persons' face and hands. Combine these factors together, and the patient ends up with a double-whammy of excess skin tissue and subcutaneous fat tissue (however deflated) that chafes easily, is hard to keep clean and healthy, and is aesthetically unpleasant.

You're talking about stretch marks. Those will never go away. But the skin will resume its shape, it will shed the extra cells as long as it can. The problem is again leftover fat deposits. It's not that the skin doesn't have the necessary elasticity, it's that there's still something there underneath, ie, fat deposits.

But more fat is easy to say. The problem is the body also tends to try and burn muscle mass when fat is too hard to burn, and that's definately you don't want as it will lower your overall strength and metabolism.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
And just when I thought MacRumors had some members who were ever so slightly mature ...

Tolerance: A lost art.

You forget that the world is still okay with making fun of "fatties." It's only the retards, queers, midgets, and other people in groups named with even more disgusting slurs that are off-limits to ridicule.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
hahaha... coming from Jessica this is priceless.
I'm sure you'd think that ... comprehension is tough, I know. ;)
You forget that the world is still okay with making fun of "fatties." It's only the retards, queers, midgets, and other people in groups named with even more disgusting slurs that are off-limits to ridicule.
Oh right, I had forgotten!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
The difference is, as the woman in the linked to article proves, it's possible for anyone to lose weight regardless of the size they begin at. I've yet to meet a "retard", a "queer" of a "midget" that can do anything to change the condition that marks them out as different. Don't like people mocking you for being fat? Then lose the weight. It's actually simple enough providing you accept it won't happen instantly and keep at it.

Personally I wish her luck. Not only is her weight moving in the right direction, she's bloody well enjoying herself whilst doing it. Hopefully she'll keep it up (oo-er!!) and add another 10 years to her life as a result.

Gives a new meaning to the F-Plan Diet, that's for sure :D

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Don't like people mocking you for being fat? Then lose the weight. It's actually simple enough providing you accept it won't happen instantly and keep at it.

It is?? :eek: Well, halle-****ing-lujah, it's simple! I had no idea! And here all this time I was thinking it was too hard to bother! Silly me! :rolleyes:

Your comments come across like you're telling an alcoholic, smoker, heroin junkie, etc. to "just don't use it anymore - it's so simple!"

In any event, if you're genuinely okay with making fun of someone's condition simply because you see it as elective, then I truly am the bigger man here.

Last edited:

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Loosing weight is simple when you figure out what works for you (in this case, she jiggles and looses weight. But another person may have to eat carrots for the rest of their life to be skinny) its different for everyone.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Loosing weight is simple when you figure out what works for you (in this case, she jiggles and looses weight. But another person may have to eat carrots for the rest of their life to be skinny) its different for everyone.

Actually, it's the same for everyone. As long as you burn more calories than you ingest, you will lose weight. This applies to every biological being out there.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
It is?? :eek: Well, halle-****ing-lujah, it's simple! I had no idea! And here all this time I was thinking it was too hard to bother! Silly me! :rolleyes:

Your comments come across like you're telling an alcoholic, smoker, heroin junkie, etc. to "just don't use it anymore - it's so simple!"
Did you note the conditional second part of my statement you quoted? The bit that implied it takes a bit of effort and willpower?

And please don't tell me you're not capable of it. You are, just like every smoker is capable of giving up if they want to enough. Same with heroin addicts. The biggest battle is wanting it enough to make the long term commitment it requires. And of course understanding that the hardest part is always the first couple of weeks.
In any event, if you're genuinely okay with making fun of someone's condition simply because you see it as elective, then I truly am the bigger man here.
The only point I'm making is that you're drawing equivalence with things that aren't really equivalent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.