Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
I use my Air to do work on the go, as well as to enjoy a movie on a flight and make important Skype calls. Pretty low-key, but I've also got an iMac which I do heavy-duty work on. It really depends on what you do daily.

abuleban

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
yeah

I used to have a 13" air as my only work computer, but now I've split the deck. I use a 2011 11" air as my travel basic work laptop, which is light, powerful, and does most of what I need. I also have a 2011 15" macbook pro, and I leave that one at home and use it for the heavy lifting and such. Got them both on refurb, so its a good deal for me!

wditters

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
Mainly Enterprise Mobility oriented presentations. Desktop virtualization, BYOD concepts, Consumerization, W7 Direct Access technology, System Center demo's (W2008 Server)

Most of it via Citrix Xenapp, Xendesktop, VMware Fusion or Parallels, my private stuff runs in OSX

Retina MacBook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Mainly Enterprise Mobility oriented presentations. Desktop virtualization, BYOD concepts, Consumerization, W7 Direct Access technology, System Center demo's (W2008 Server)

Most of it via Citrix Xenapp, Xendesktop, VMware Fusion or Parallels, my private stuff runs in OSX

BINGO! I have no idea what you said, except for the machine virtualization part, but this means that I'm not the only one using the MacBook Air for stuff that are for the MacBook Pro.

And guys, the Max Air is the same as 13 Pro.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
BINGO! I have no idea what you said, except for the machine virtualization part, but this means that I'm not the only one using the MacBook Air for stuff that are for the MacBook Pro.

And guys, the Max Air is the same as 13 Pro.

No, it really is not. They are different machines.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
My 13" has replaced my 2006 iMac as my desktop Mac. Usual stuff: web, mail, iWork, iTunes, iPhoto. Though I always considered my myself an iMac guy (had three from 1998), it's clear to me that the MacBook Air has replaced the iMac as Apple's defacto consumer Mac.

I use an iPad/iPhone when I'm on the road.

manunited

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
I'm a university student and I take my laptop to all of my classes for note taking (except for math courses :p). The 13" is my sole machine and I love the portability and robust performance of this little machine. :D

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Final Cut Pro 7 is the top used since I got this. Well, aside from the web browser which is leading by a lot :D

Very non-critical work on it so far though, but editing ProRes 422 material (on external USB 3.0 drive as a scratch disk) seem to work out very well.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Anytime I want to get mobile. Anytime I don't feel like sitting in front of my imac..

Anytime load is light enough that my MBA is not burning.. I will use it..

It's been great so far.. but let's not kid ourselves.. laptop will always be laptop.. if you need to work on big project which requires space, you will need to move to the desk w/ big monitors...

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I'm a university student and I take my laptop to all of my classes for note taking (except for math courses :p). The 13" is my sole machine and I love the portability and robust performance of this little machine. :D

Ditto, I use it for word processing (or I will when I get to writing my paper) and light gaming. I just got it a week ago and it's my first mac but I love it so far it's easily 10 times faster than my old computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.