Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHuby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
I have two questions:

1. How do I sync the Galaxy S3 with my Mac?
2. How do I sync it with iPhoto?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I have two questions:

1. What do you mean sync it with you Mac? What do you want to sync exactly?

2. I'm not an expert on Android but I think you'll have to drag and drop. I don't think you'll be able to do a sync so that it updates automatically whenever you plug in your phone. I could be wrong though.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
1. Syncing with Mac? Need more info. It's certainly not going to sync the way iPhone syncs with iTunes.

2. Sync with iPhoto: It should be recognized as a camera. Load iPhoto and select import frm camera. It should be available in the drop down.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I have two questions:

Couple options:
Option 1:
Download Kies 2.0 for Mac from Samsungs website. Google search it.

This can take 10 minutes or more to install. Be patient. It has to install Samsung usb drivers, plus the program itself. Once done connect S3 with the UsB cable that came with the phone and the rest will be self explainatory.

Option 2:
Download Android File Transfer app on your computer. Follow steps to transfer files in the program. This is a drag and drop program, not a sync type program.

Option 3:
Go to Google Play store and download an app called isyncr. Follow the directions.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Option 2:
Download Android File Transfer app on your computer. Follow steps to transfer files in the program. This is a drag and drop program, not a sync type program.

Such an awful app. I used it for 2 weeks and dreaded every moment I was using it. Kept crashing and was unresponsive a lot.

iHuby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
Couple options:
Option 1:
Download Kies 2.0 for Mac from Samsungs website. Google search it.

This can take 10 minutes or more to install. Be patient. It has to install Samsung usb drivers, plus the program itself. Once done connect S3 with the UsB cable that came with the phone and the rest will be self explainatory.

Option 2:

Option 3:
Go to Google Play store and download an app called isyncr. Follow the directions.

Thank you for taking the time to explain these options to me.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
I'm using double twist, it sync's playlists, and can even airplay video to appleTV, and is a podcast manager/downloader. downside is it's fairly pricey for all the features at £10.

davehp

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2013
USB PC connection settings

under USB PC connection, choose the camera option instead of the media device option, and then the phone will show up as a device in iPhoto. Then you can import, etc, although it may not automatically sync

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.