Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fox10078

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Just purchased my Gnex off of Google play, Anyone else waiting on a shipment too?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm waiting for the next version of the nexus, just so I can decide, iPhone 5 or a LTE capable Nexus

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I've got a FedEx confirmation, mine's arriving this Monday before 10am.

I was going to hold off, but with Apple playing the bully and blocking products from competing freely in the market place, I decided to buy now while it's available.

Hello Apple? Your tactics suck. :eek:

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I was very tempted to get the Nexus at $350 off contract and get the latest and greatest updates quickly, but ended getting the S3 instead.

I am still really tempted. If they drop it another $100 when the GNex 2 is released, I will get one. You guys are getting a great phone. Enjoy it.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I was very tempted to get the Nexus at $350 off contract and get the latest and greatest updates quickly, but ended getting the S3 instead.

I am still really tempted. If they drop it another $100 when the GNex 2 is released, I will get one. You guys are getting a great phone. Enjoy it.

I don't think itll be the gnex 2. Either Samsung __________ Nexus or Samsung Nexus __________

silentbob007

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2010
Little Rock, AR
I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus as well. My contract on my iPhone 4 is up in a few weeks and I've been set on either switching it over to StraightTalk or to Tmobile. I decided I'd give Android a try first ... while the Galaxy 3 is tempting with the removable memory and better specs, I didn't want to lock into another 2-year contract. The GN seems like a great deal for a contract-free phone right now, and I figured if I waited until the next one released, then of course it would be either on contract or an extra $300.

I figure that I'll get a few months of using the GN to determine whether or not I want to keep it or sell it and go back to iPhone and AT&T.

fox10078

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I figure that I'll get a few months of using the GN to determine whether or not I want to keep it or sell it and go back to iPhone and AT&T.

This was my thinking exactly, I'm due for an upgrade but I get to try Android without using that upgrade which is great if the next iPhone is amazing, and Android turns out to be not my cup of tea.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
This was my thinking exactly, I'm due for an upgrade but I get to try Android without using that upgrade which is great if the next iPhone is amazing, and Android turns out to be not my cup of tea.

Plus if you keep it in good condition, the resale should be easy. The Nexus devices don't go down in value as fast as other Android phones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.