Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan884

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
How can I disable voice control on my iPhone 4 it's very annoying because of my case ( the center button is raised out) it's turns on in my pocket all the time. I'll do anything to get rid of it I never use it. I already have the winterboard tweak that's supposed to get rid of it but it doesn't work

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Once again another thing you should be able to turn off but no you have to jailbreak your device to be able to do it. No thanks I don't want malware on my iDevice and I don't want to void my warranty.

Is there anything you can do that does not require a jailbreak. :mad:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Jailbreaking does not introduce malware. The stuff you install via unofficial sources, like anything from MyRepoSpace.com, can contain malware. But the official default ones do not. Your warranty is very easy to restore. Just plug your iDevice into iTunes and click restore. That's it, warranty back.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Once again another thing you should be able to turn off but no you have to jailbreak your device to be able to do it. No thanks I don't want malware on my iDevice and I don't want to void my warranty.

Is there anything you can do that does not require a jailbreak. :mad:

Under normal usage a jailbroken iPhone shouldn't get malware. And although jailbreaking voids the warranty, if you get a problem on your iPhone simply restore to the stock iOS and Apple will be none the wiser :) Boom.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Under normal usage a jailbroken iPhone shouldn't get malware. And although jailbreaking voids the warranty, if you get a problem on your iPhone simply restore to the stock iOS and Apple will be none the wiser :) Boom.

Unless it is broken then you can't restore it. Sorry as much as I wish I can tweak the iOS like I can do windows 7 I will never jailbreak.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Unless it is broken then you can't restore it. Sorry as much as I wish I can tweak the iOS like I can do windows 7 I will never jailbreak.

Huh? What do you mean, you can't restore it unless it's broken? Just plug it into iTunes, do a full restore and it's a stock iPhone once more. Boom. :)

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010

Your iPhone can't "break" unless your like really changing its code/manually inserting your own random stuff.

Jailbreaking and downloading jailbreak tweaks won't break your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.