Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iThomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Netherlands
Well, I just came across this website which claims to have Blackberry messenger for the iPhone available. I went ahead and downloaded the app, but im having some troubles putting it on my iPhone.

Has anyone else experience with this app? It looks great to me so it would be amazing if someone could tell me how they installed it on their iPhone

Thanks guys!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
It's just a website designed to lure in users and make money off advertising. The app doesn't exist, the screenshots that aren't horribly mocked up are for "Hello Messenger".

The steps they describe to install the application (hosted on "sharecash") will not work. In order to install an IPA that didn't come from the app store, it will need to be signed for your UDID (which one universal download can't possibly be).

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
Not to mention, who is expecting Blackberry to be a major contender in the next year? 147 million dollar lawsuit against them that they just lost, cutting about 5,000 jobs which is over 20% of their workforce, pushing back updates to their failing OS because of these two major hits. All of those are reasons that we don't even look at Blackberry anymore. We have started a fast-track migration of all our users away from the Blackberry platform.

Even for business it doesn't make sense to use Blackberry anymore. There are existing security policies you can push to iOS/WinMo/Android devices on an enterprise platform. Physical keyboards can be had with just about any device and there is no limitation of a proprietary network that has frequent outage problems.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Yes I use a Blackberry .. (for work) and its fine for email and calendars on a BES. Apart from that its a F$%$ing useless piece of plastic.

Hope BB dies soon, I can reboot my 4S UMPTEEN times before the filth boots up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.