Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retina MacBook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I think we can all agree that the best iPod is the iPod touch. But why have the iPod nano, shuffle and Classic? The iPod touch can do everything the others can. I don't see the purpose.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
such a stupid post; please no one feed the troll and let this thread die...

127134d1247491680-lotus-dealers-sell-their-stuff-msrp-including-new-evora-dont-feed-troll.jpg

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Feeding the troll anyways...

The iPod classic will be there until SSD's can be had for cheaper, enabling Apple to sell the iPod Touch with 256GB of memory for the same price or cheaper than the Classic. That day is not far off.
The shuffle is still there as a low cost alternative for people who just don't want a touch, or people who like a small unit for a workout, which is what the nano's purpose also serves.
Just the other day, I was swimming laps in the pool, and the swimmer next to me had a waterproofed iPod shuffle. That's not really possible yet with the other iPods, not to mention the unit's small size.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Some more troll food...

To further expand on the discussion...why have an iPod touch when you could have an iPhone?

No need preaching to the choir, I'm just trying to make "Retina MacBook" understand :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.