Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Mine has been going for a good 10,15 minutes.

It's still going. Is it a good thing? Will I lose my jailbreak in the process?

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
Do you mean "erase all contents and settings"? Because that completely wipes the phone AND ALL ITS CONTENTS, including the jailbreak..as it does exactly what it implies, erases everything on the phone =(.

And depending on what all you have on the phone it can take a while.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
You should NEVER use that when Jailbreaking. It's been taking that long because it will do that forever and always. You might have some chance of saving your device if you can get it into DFU or Pwned DFU and restoring as new. You will lose your Jailbreak.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Okay because my issue is my phone in jailbreak mode... will continue to reboot. I can't click on any apps without the phone restarting, and pressing the home key or the power on take 3+ seconds to turn the device itsself on.

Should I just reset settings and not erase and hope it will let me get back to regular jailbreak [not safe mode]?

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
Okay because my issue is my phone in jailbreak mode... will continue to reboot. I can't click on any apps without the phone restarting, and pressing the home key or the power on take 3+ seconds to turn the device itsself on.

Should I just reset settings and not erase and hope it will let me get back to regular jailbreak [not safe mode]?

Does the phone actually boot? You may be better off restoring the phone and rejailbreaking..

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Huh? You already started the "Erase." Your JB is gone.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I'm still jailbroken 4s on 5.0.1. Just changed that plist thing to 5.1

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Is there any way to remove all my personal stuff without restoring? I want to sell my iPad 2 now that I have a new one, but want to retain the jailbreak for the sake of easy resale

ishansasanka

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
Never finished. Did a hard reboot. Booted up like normal. I'll just try the same thing from iTunes.

I have selected "Erase All Content and Settings" & My iPhone screen is showing some kind of animated icon like rotating star. Now its almost 3hours & still not over. How long will it take? How do I do hard reboot? My phone model is iPhone 4G. I'm a newbie & don't know what should I do. Please help.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Erase contacts and settings does not work on jail broken devices. I don't understand how people don't know this by now.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Erase contacts and settings does not work on jail broken devices. I don't understand how people don't know this by now.

*Sorry for reviving this thread**

I completely forgot that my phone was jail broken since I've been so busy for the last month to do anything with the jail break.

I was having issues with my phone and decided to restore through this method.. After being stuck on the spinning loader for quite sometime I googled it and found this.

Hopefully I didn't just brick my phone... What should be done? Should I go through iTunes now?

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
*Sorry for reviving this thread**

I completely forgot that my phone was jail broken since I've been so busy for the last month to do anything with the jail break.

I was having issues with my phone and decided to restore through this method.. After being stuck on the spinning loader for quite sometime I googled it and found this.

Hopefully I didn't just brick my phone... What should be done? Should I go through iTunes now?

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

what iOS device do you have? if it's an iphone 4s or 5, your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.3 and not be able to jailbreak at all

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
what iOS device do you have? if it's an iphone 4s or 5, your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.3 and not be able to jailbreak at all

iPhone 5. Okay so just plug it in and go through the restore process right?

I had to hold down the power button and home at the same time to get it to show up in my computer. Glad that worked..

Edit: It looks like it's working now. I probably should have just done what I did and not panicked, but thank you for the quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.