Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Mine wouldnt add to cart when i ordered so they said they will email it by July 6th at the latest and there is a list of people. I didnt receive mine, anyone else didnt?

jgc

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
My problem was different. Mine added to cart and was supposed to come by a certain date, and didn't. I waited over a week to contact Apple and they gave me the redemption code directly. Another week after that, I finally received it in the mail. DHL shipping sucks.

armistice

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Sorry about drudging up an old topic, but I've had this issue as well.

I ordered the Retina w/ education discounts/promotion and never received my gift card either.

I called yesterday afternoon and a girl told me that she would email me a code instead of sending it through the mail. I didn't get anything, so I called back this afternoon (after almost exactly a 24 hour wait)

The guy I talked to today told me to wait THREE WEEKS to receive the email as they're backlogged from education orders and "other people who didn't receive their gift card"

...soo....I guess they were just really bad about including them and now a ton of us are having to wait again?

I'm pretty frustrated. I read of many people getting theirs before their computer even arrived. I ordered my computer June 20th and now I'm told to wait another 3 weeks for a simple email code?! :eek:

So yea...seriously, if you didn't receive yours just keep calling. The people I talked to were all very nice and helpful. The wait sucks, but it's better than missing out on the $100.

Zeni Xeni

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
I ordered my MBA mid-June and actually received the gift card before my Air arrived.

Don't let up. It's $100 we're talking about.

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
I received mine today but not in the same box as the MBA, it was in another box that contained a Thule Sleeve.

Redeemed a few minutes ago and voilá, 80€ to spend.

I think I´m gonna wait to see if the iWork suite is updated but TBH the money is burning right now :D

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Sorry about drudging up an old topic, but I've had this issue as well.

I ordered the Retina w/ education discounts/promotion and never received my gift card either.

I called yesterday afternoon and a girl told me that she would email me a code instead of sending it through the mail. I didn't get anything, so I called back this afternoon (after almost exactly a 24 hour wait)

The guy I talked to today told me to wait THREE WEEKS to receive the email as they're backlogged from education orders and "other people who didn't receive their gift card"

...soo....I guess they were just really bad about including them and now a ton of us are having to wait again?

I'm pretty frustrated. I read of many people getting theirs before their computer even arrived. I ordered my computer June 20th and now I'm told to wait another 3 weeks for a simple email code?! :eek:

So yea...seriously, if you didn't receive yours just keep calling. The people I talked to were all very nice and helpful. The wait sucks, but it's better than missing out on the $100.

Yep, i've recieved 2 "24 hours" promises, but nothing. I'll call them again in a couple of days. I don't care too much about it as I was probably going to sell the card anyways, but I'm hearing that they might just add it directly into the Apple Account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.