Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Is there away to dial a conference bridge number from a meeting invite? This means there is a bridge number, then at the prompt, enter the meeting conference code (or meeting ID, or passcode, etc..) number. Here is an example of how it shows on the meeting invite:

Dial-in: 1-800-123-4567
Conf code: 123456789

I heard the BlackBerry people can do that by putting something like this 1-800-123-4567 x 123456789. It would be nice we can do that with iPhone.

toiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Are you trying to save the number and code as a contact? I'm a bit confused. Just dial the number, then when asked for the code, dial the code. :confused:

No, this is not in the contact, it's from the meeting invites.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm confused about what you're asking for.

1) Do you want to be able to click on the link in an e-mail and get both the number and the passcode? I'm not sure you can do that.

2) Do you want to program the number and passcode into your phone? You can do that, at least as a contact. In a contact, after you type in the phone number, hit the +*# key, and you can add a "pause" or a "wait" and then the code (IIRC the pause means that you have to hit a key on the phone before it enters the passcode, and the wait means it waits a couple seconds and does it without intervention). I'm not sure you can do this from the dialer keypad, though -- you may only be able to do it from a contact.

toiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Can't you just dial the number, then type in the access code once it asks for it? I do this all the time.

Yes, I can do that and that's how I have been doing that. I just touch the bridge number to call the bridge and wait for the prompt to enter the pass code. It got tricky when you in the car and the meeting code sometimes is very long... It's hard to member all the digits and press in at the same time.

But going from BlackBerry to cool iPhone, I shouldn't loose any functionality. Below is the example how people put in the meeting info in the format for BB people. From their BB, they can just select the number then it will dial the number, wait for the prompt then enter the meeting code, automatically.

EXAMPLE: +555-222-3456 x123456#

dougAtDNA

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
Try "Dial My Meeting"

Dial My Meeting is an app that automatically extracts your conference call information from your meeting invitations, and dials them for you. It has dialed over 50,000 numbers to date (July 2012) and is rated 5 stars in the App Store and Google Play. This is a must-have app!

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Dial My Meeting is an app that automatically extracts your conference call information from your meeting invitations, and dials them for you. It has dialed over 50,000 numbers to date (July 2012) and is rated 5 stars in the App Store and Google Play. This is a must-have app!

Be sure to point out that it's your application you're hyping so the recommend is a bit self serving..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.