Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
I got my code yesterday while up-to-date program was online for a short time. I am not using the reference number, I received my real redeem code, but it just won't work.

Anyone else?

(This is in US App Store)

Thanx

Last edited:

sa7078

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
Having the same problem. Got my code Monday and now the AppStore won't redeem it. I tried going through the Up-to-Date process again and it said my serial number was already processed. Assume this will get fixed. If it goes on for much longer, it's worth a story on MacRumors. That will get Apple's attention, though I'm sure they know about it.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
There was an issue where the up to date program was released early for some people. Apple have said people who got the code early will be issued a new one after ML is officially released.

sa7078

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
There was an issue where the up to date program was released early for some people. Apple have said people who got the code early will be issued a new one after ML is officially released.

Cool, thanks for the tip. Where did they say this?

Dr Charter

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Oklahoma

Well I got mine this morning (after the official release) and it still says that my code has been used before. I'm having that same feeling I did when MobileMe came out.

Patnukem

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2008
I just submitted mine this morning and mine said it was already redeemed, I sure did not use it?

mrbucket2

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Cool, thanks for the tip. Where did they say this?

I got my code 2 days ago and mine is invalid also. I just called up applecare about 30 minutes ago and told the guy my situation and he had me try to redeem it again but it said it had already been redeemed. He then said that his system had a note in it saying that anyone who redeemed their serial number and got one of the invalid codes should recieve another email within one business day after mountain lion was released (already happened so the time is ticking now).

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
well, I got my code through official channels AFTER ML was released and I still can't redeem it. What gives?

The system tells me that my code isn't valid.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I also did the Up-to-Date thing and the password protected code they gave me says it was used. Spoke with Apple Support and they claimed "several customers codes were sent in error and you should receive a new code within 30min".

I hate to say it, but phone support and a bunch of hoop jumping just to get OS validation makes me feel like I'm back on Windows.

Edit: It's been 30min and i got nothing new so I have no idea whats going on.

jayem1234

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2012
Same problem...I even received a second code but that one doesn't work either. Greeeaaaat

marceloluft

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
This code has already been used

I got the same error at Brazilian App Store, "This code has already been used". This is certainly something related to the early release of the Up to Date Form.

mello7

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
same thing happened in indonesia, maybe they want to limit the update in the first day?? server issue?

Last edited:

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I too got the "This code has already been used..." response. Apparently someone is hoarding all these free copies of ML.

Bastard.

Calling AppleCare to see if they can sort anything out. So far the guy read me a copy of the letter they got yesterday when the program went live for a brief period of time but I informed him that I didn't register until 15 minutes ago after the official launch. Waiting for a Senior Advisor.

mrbucket2

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
I also did the Up-to-Date thing and the password protected code they gave me says it was used. Spoke with Apple Support and they claimed "several customers codes were sent in error and you should receive a new code within 30min".

I hate to say it, but phone support and a bunch of hoop jumping just to get OS validation makes me feel like I'm back on Windows.

Edit: It's been 30min and i got nothing new so I have no idea whats going on.

I was told up to a whole business day, not just 30 minutes.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Does anyone know if Mountain Lion is serial number specific? If its really going to take a full day just to validate a purchase/computer then would a Genius Bar be allowed to simply verify a receipt and then install it for us?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.