Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ishmumrhmn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I own a Galaxy S||, switched from my 4S and I love it cause it has android and I can do whatever I want with my phone.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I own a Galaxy S||, switched from my 4S and I love it cause it has android and I can do whatever I want with my phone.

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Lovin'. AirDroid pretty much solves the whole syncing problem. I hate the iPad's current size. That's the only real thing that's wrong with it, but it's enough for me to jump to android.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I use:

GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
I like the fact it enables me me to experience Android as it was intended. No skins, no gimmicks, just stock Android.

Galaxy S III i9300:
I like the speed, large 720p screen, the camera trounces the shooter in the Galaxy Nexus. The best thing about this phone though is how in locked down it is. The unlocked boot loader means you can have plenty of variety when it comes to custom firmware

It's very well supported by the Android development community.

That's about it for those 2 handsets.

ZacT94

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
I own a Galaxy Note and a Motorola Xoom Wi-fi 32GB. I absolutely love Android and I wouldn't consider switching to iOS at all (except for my iPod Touch, I love that too). Android is just so easy to use and customise.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have a Galaxy Note. I like the screen size for reading ebooks and for using Evernote to take notes at meetings in situations where I don't have my MBA. I'm surprised at how well the pen works - I didn't think I'd use it at all, but I find myself pulling it out quite a bit.

I also have an Asus Transformer, and I'm a little torn about whether I like it better than the iPad or not. They both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages. I find my self using my iPod Nano and iPod Touch for media, and my Galaxy Note for ebooks and productivity apps.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
S3 in white. (still have iphone 4 ... somewhere)

Not rooted, stock rom and probably will stay that way as its the most complete and well thought out android phone that I've ever had.

Who says men can't have "white" phones!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Has an amazing flashlight. That sounds like a pretty stupid reason to like a phone, but honestly, compared to using the iPhone as one, it's like 100x better. I can go in my backyard, in pitch darkness, and light this thing up and see everything from every distance. I also like that the camera acts like a real camera and has awesome focus distance options and has all these little settings. The audio is pretty great too, and being able to equalize my music pretty much however I want it is pretty great too. I wish we had that on iOS, it's amazing how much more rich stuff sounds and I didn't have to pay more than a few bucks for it to do so vs buying new headphones.

Kindle Fire - The battery life is amazing and it's great to read on. It's nice to draw stuff on too.

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?

I own the International Galaxy S2 and I'm a flashaholic. Are you? IF you are, join my thread :D

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1409486/

Love it because, well, its like lover at first sight :D and customization. Thats like the number one reason

CM9 RC2
Siyah Kernel

Soon to be playing with my Father's new GTab 7.7

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I have a not that great Huawei phone, but considering getting a Samsung G3. Love the look of that phone. I'm trying to hold on until the next iPhone is out because ideally I'd like to have it all integrated. The main reason why I'm staying with Android at the moment is that I want a larger screen than the iPhone currently offers, and I'm totally dependent on better predictive text. The Swift Key app on Android is excellent, and the lack of predictive text on iPhones and iPads is a royal pain in the butt. I really don't understand why it's not better, when Apple generally deliver such high quality devices.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Unlocked Samsung Apollo.

It's slow and buggy but it plays all the C64 SIDs and Amiga MODs I'd ever want to listen to and I don't have to pay AT&T over $200 on data I'd never use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.