Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtre1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Hello everyone.

I was installing the Zagg invisible shield on my ipod nano today. I noticed that there was some water that got inside the glass. It was towards the side. Do you think this could cause a problems.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Is it the spray that comes with or really water? I used to work at Best Buy and have done tons of Zagg installs and never once had liquid get inside the device. That being said they also recommend that you leave the device off and let it set for 24 hours after install. The liquid they give you is not water and should not harm the device if any did really get in, just remember to leave it off and not touch it for 24 hours. Your device should be off anyway while doing the install. If it is water turn off the device (which if you are doing the install should be off) and I repeat DO NOT TRY TO TURN ON THE DEVICE. Then let it sit in the sun for a few days. Then make sure you can't see any water and see if it works. Hope this helps and good luck.

jtre1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Is it the spray that comes with or really water? I used to work at Best Buy and have done tons of Zagg installs and never once had liquid get inside the device. That being said they also recommend that you leave the device off and let it set for 24 hours after install. The liquid they give you is not water and should not harm the device if any did really get in, just remember to leave it off and not touch it for 24 hours. Your device should be off anyway while doing the install. If it is water turn off the device (which if you are doing the install should be off) and I repeat DO NOT TRY TO TURN ON THE DEVICE. Then let it sit in the sun for a few days. Then make sure you can't see any water and see if it works. Hope this helps and good luck.

Yes , it was water because I ran out of the liquid solution. Is there a difference between the solution and water. Because for my ipod touch I simply used water and it did not make a difference

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Yes , it was water because I ran out of the liquid solution. Is there a difference between the solution and water. Because for my ipod touch I simply used water and it did not make a difference

Yes makes a big difference. Water can and will damage a unit. You got lucky the first time. The solution is not meant to harm the device. Well if you have any other questions let me know. And good luck.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I believe the solution is made of distilled or deionized water w/ a couple of drops of soap....

EDIT: Found this @ Zagg web: http://www.zagg.com/company/application_instructions.php
Q: My solution bottle came empty or leaked. How can I get more?

A: Our SHIELDSpray™ application solution is mostly a water-based solution, so if your bottle doesn't have solution in it, we suggest just filling it up with water. There is usually enough residue left in the bottle from the original solution, so just filling it up with water again should make it work just fine! If you run out during the installation, you can still refill the bottle up to 2-3 more times and still have the same effect.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.