Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
I emailed up-t0-date support 3 times, I got 3 responses:

They sent me 3 copy-paste emails, nothing else:

thats exactly what i got. i replied with "is this seriously the response you guys are giving me to my situation/problem?" and then i went on explaining how my redemption code comes up as invalid, again.

trying to be patient but i'm so envious of those with their new redemption codes. =(

jhines57

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Officially just hit 24 hours since submission. No email, code or correspondence has been received. :rolleyes:

I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
so are they probably going to send out a new code automatically or do we have to somehow contact them?

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I just received two new emails from Apple with a new Secure PDF and a new Code. I bought ML yesterday so I have no reason to redeem the code and no way to verify that it is working. I would assume they work now though.

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!

how do you submit a claim? and do you need to to get a new code? or will they send it automatically?

----------

Just got off the phone with Apple. Guy said that it's a known issue and they're able to track the Up To Date Program people who received the "Code already been used" message for Mountain Lion so they're going back and sending out more codes to those people who got that message. Said I should receive it in the next 24 hours.

nevermind, thanks.

bogus

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
So this is interesting. Like everyone else, my original redemption code was falsely recognized as already used. Sent an email to Apple Support last night, got a new redemption code this morning.

Except when I redeemed the code, instead of automatically downloading Mountain Lion, it downloaded Mountain Lion Server.

cwagz78

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
My code redeemed OSX Server!?

I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.

cwagz78

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.

They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...

Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.

cwagz78

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.

I don't think they will pull it. They probably can but even if you get a refund on an iOS app they leave it in your account...

fairplayinc

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2010
Yep. I also got OSX Server. Wtf apple!?!?

I called and they said to send in another email to uptodatesupport. Email sent.

Time will tell.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
I got my *new* code, but it is for OS X SERVER.

How can I download it? I want to save it as well, it is under the purchased items, but there is no download option, only install...

:confused:

merebeldith

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Same here

I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...

This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.

tmp0404

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
PA
I also got a code for OS X server on my second request from Apple, so it took them about 28 hours from my initial request to the get the wrong one. I called Apple on the phone, got the should have yet another code in 24 -48 hours. I somewhat understand the initial snafu, but to wait 28 hours only to get a code for OS X server, it's just mind boggling. Boy they really blew this whole thing.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BenMero

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Doncaster, England
For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again :(

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?

merebeldith

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.

Ok, they also told me to email uptodatesupport@apple.com and said they are currently trying to sort it out. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind and accommodating, but this entire process is SO frustrating! I agree with the previous poster. I was excited to get Mountain Lion, only to receive a code that had "already been used." I was more excited today, only to receive a code that downloaded OSX server. What gives?! This is exasperating!

----------

For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again :(

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?

Hey, at least your code took you to the correct download! :eek: I would stick with it a while longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.