Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
I love that the link to the about page does not work. Sure, it worked last week, but now it does not.
The 10.2.1 Update delivers enhancements and improvements to the following applications, technologies and components: Mail, Image Capture, Help Viewer, graphics, printing, networking, Rendezvous, Kerberos, USB, FireWire, SCSI device compatibility and includes additional Digital Hub peripheral device support.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107036

Document 107036 Not Found

The article you're looking for could not be found. Please either start over and ask another question, search Apple's Knowledge Archive, or visit the Discussion area.

The Knowledge Archive contains technical information for older Apple Products. Apple's Discussion Forum area allows you to search previous customer questions and answers, or post a new question which may be answered by other Apple customers, or Apple Representatives.

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Build 6D52

I am not sure if the previous versions did this, but if you go to apple system profiler and show the details for your ipod or hard drive, it shows you the capacity in both 1024k per meg and 1000k per meg

pretty cool

bellboy

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
Toronto
Suitcase... fonts not loading?!?!?!

Just a heads up... not sure if this will happen to everyone, but after updating to 10.2.1, suitcase stopped loading fonts in Photoshop. They appear to be loaded, but Photoshop doesn't recognize them.

bgreel

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2001
quicker wakeup from sleep?

So far what I've noticed about the update is that my ibook regularly connects to my home network now (it was spotty before -- sometimes connecting sometimes not, no matter how the network was configured.). Also both the ibook and my G4 seem to wake from sleep a lot faster.

Seems like a nice update.
The build is 6D52

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
I have 6d51 installed and SW-Update tells me there is no new Software :-/ hmmm what now?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
[aside: I deleted some off-topic posts in this thread. For future reference, submissions and a new thread in "Current Events" is the proper place to post this sort of information. ]

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Can someone please give me a link to download it from the web? I cant find it. Cheers

ccindy

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2001
WA state
My idea

Originally posted by Stike
I have 6d51 installed and SW-Update tells me there is no new Software :-/ hmmm what now?

I would suggest waiting till the stand alone installer is posted online and run that, it will probally update then, good luck.

BTW, as of 3:11 PM Pacific time the link for the update info is working:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107036

The info says this: II. Standalone Installer

An installer is available from Apple Software Downloads (http://www.apple.com/swupdates/).

Unfortunetlt, as of this writing, it isnt listed anyware.

Have fun, and Long Live Apple, with OS 9!:D

juniormaj

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Newbury Park, CA
The updater is now available as a download by following the link in the Knowledge Base article near the top of this thread.

In other words :here

And yes, it will update 6D51.

-Jr.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Welp, I just installed the 10.2.1 update, and my Sonnet Tempo ATA/100 card STILL causes a kernel panic on startup. :mad: Keep in mind that this was something that WORKED before 6C9x only to have them break it and not fix it. I talked with Sonnet tech support and it sounds like they're going to try to do something about it with a firmware update, which may be available relatively soon. Let's hope!

Oh, and after booting in single user mode my computer has found a whole slew of new disk errors that fsck -y will NOT fix. It just keeps reporting the same errors over and over again regardless of how many times I run fsck -y. Gee, how anti-climactic this update has turned out to be...

I sincerely hope the rest of you have had better results.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by beez7777

just run software update

You might want to read what he just said:

Sorry for posting off topic, but I couldnt overlook this person's posting-wthout-reading.

anyways...... I dont see any noticible differences speed wise. THe major thing I like is that my TDK burner is now supported in iTunes. iTunes is better then toast :D. My printer used to have problems in 10.2.0, and they seem to have gone away, but they are sporadic, so they could come back :(.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
too bad my lexmark printer doesn't work...lexmark hasn't made drivers yet, but the print center recognizes the printer when i try to add it, but it then has an error -1...what's the deal with that?

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by scem0

Sorry for posting off topic, but I couldnt overlook this person's posting-wthout-reading.

Sorry, scem0, this time youre wrong. beez did not reply on my problem, it was someones elses...

And what has changed? Seems more stable, progs launch faster, system seems more responsive. And my bootup time has been reduced by about ...hmmm... say 8 to 10 secs.

I like it!:eek: :cool:

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by scem0

no offense, but i'd suggest reading yourself before you get on someone for not reading...

the person you quoted for saying something about using sw update was responding to falleron who asked about a web link. falleron was NOT the person who said they had the beta build. that was stike...

so far i haven't noticed anything new with 2.1 but then again, i didn't have any noticeable problems with 10.2....

looking good so far

EDIT: stike responded as i did... ;)

DavidRavenMoon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Re: Suitcase... fonts not loading?!?!?!

Originally posted by bellboy
Just a heads up... not sure if this will happen to everyone, but after updating to 10.2.1, suitcase stopped loading fonts in Photoshop. They appear to be loaded, but Photoshop doesn't recognize them.

You got me worried when I read this. But I just tried it and it works on my system. Suitcase 10.1.3 and Photoshop 7.0.1.

Photoshop does not see fonts turned on after it's been launched though, but then I dont think it ever did. Did it?

DavidRavenMoon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Originally posted by Hemingray
Oh, and after booting in single user mode my computer has found a whole slew of new disk errors that fsck -y will NOT fix. It just keeps reporting the same errors over and over again regardless of how many times I run fsck -y. Gee, how anti-climactic this update has turned out to be...
Well, Disk First Aid does say "If a disk has severe problems, you may need to use other problems to repair it completely."

Jaguar just started acting up on me today, and running slow, after I had installed the new iTunes, which also locked up the whole computer! Only the fourth time I've had that happen with OS X. So I booted from the Norton Systemworks CD and it found a bunch of cross linked files that fsck didn't even see.

Things were back to normal, and then an hour or two later the 10.2.1 update was out.

Went pretty smooth for me. The whole system feels faster. The only problems I had were first, my Belkin USB hub just died, so I lost my mouse and keyboard. But the FlyLight I have plugged into my keyboard was still lit. I had to reboot to fix it. Then the Norton CD, which was still in the drive wouldn't eject, but the same reboot fixed that too. The only other remaining problem is 10.2.1 seems to have broken VueScan.

DavidRavenMoon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
too bad my lexmark printer doesn't work...lexmark hasn't made drivers yet, but the print center recognizes the printer when i try to add it, but it then has an error -1...what's the deal with that?
No driver.

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
One Question for anyone who knows...

Does anyone here know if Apple releases these point releases on CD? Like, if I wanted to buy OS X 10.2.1, could I get that whole OS on a disk. Or does Apple not update their OS disks when they update the OS and you just have to buy 10.2 and then update it after you install it?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.