Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I have had an issue where sometimes a picture I take with my iPhone does not get uploaded to my photo stream. For example, I was in the park and took about 6 pictures. 1 of them never made it to Photostream even though it is still on my phone.

Yesterday, I snapped another picture somewhere and it is still not on my photo stream (even though it remains on the phone).

My question is, is there something that causes this bug? The only thing I can think of is possible double hitting the home button and taking the photo when it was locked. Though I am not sure if that is what I did for the photo a while ago, but it is on the one I took yesterday.

Also, is there any way to force a photo from the camera roll to Photostream so I can get the missing two photos in there?

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I have found this problem since the iCloud betas came out. Not found a way of pushing photos to PhotoStream manually. Needless to say the potentially award winning artistic snap of the mating dragonfly is never pushed to iCloud while the drunken picture of the barmaids arse always ends up on all of my devices.... :)

But I can live with that

intensem1dh

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2009
I have had an issue where sometimes a picture I take with my iPhone does not get uploaded to my photo stream. For example, I was in the park and took about 6 pictures. 1 of them never made it to Photostream even though it is still on my phone.

Yesterday, I snapped another picture somewhere and it is still not on my photo stream (even though it remains on the phone).

My question is, is there something that causes this bug? The only thing I can think of is possible double hitting the home button and taking the photo when it was locked. Though I am not sure if that is what I did for the photo a while ago, but it is on the one I took yesterday.

Also, is there any way to force a photo from the camera roll to Photostream so I can get the missing two photos in there?

Having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet.:mad:

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
That happened to me, but when I power cycled my iPhone, the ones that got stuck got added.

Happens to my calendar sometimes too (add things to iCal but then it doesn't come on the phone/iPad properly until a power cycle, used to happen more on MobileMe, I thought it was because I had JB devices though.)

Jockster

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Same problem

I have the exact same problem on my iPad2. I import pictures from a camera and random pictures does not end up in the photostrem. Very anoying. Anyone found a soulution for this, or at least found a way to forece the missing pictures to the photostream?

My "best" solution to solve this at this point is to upload the missing pictures to my dropbox and then download them from there. The pictures will be double stored on the iPad, but will appear only once in the photostream. It works but are not very convenient.

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
Same issue here. Rare but annoying.

iPhoto doesn't always download all the pictures, even though my iPhone says they're in photo stream...

And I too, have the iCal issue where sometimes events don't make it to my iPhone from iCal, or they appear on my iPhone but not others that I'm sharing a calendar with.

Likewise, the calendar issue seemed to happen more frequently on MobileMe, but I still can't say that iCloud with photo stream and calendaring is 100% reliable, which is a shame since Apple said they're very serious about the cloud this time around.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I am having this same problem, not all my photos actually only 5 out of my 75 pics on my iphone are being loaded to my iPad what gives?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Mine has completely stopped working today.

To add: iCloud calendar sync is down too...no errors, it just doesn't sync from any to any device.

Last edited:

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
I've noticed mine skips or misses pics to photo stream when my signal is weak. If I have 3-5 bars of 3G I hardly miss any pics, 1-2 bars and some don't make it, if I'm on wifi the pics are there almost immediately.
I haven't really gone and tested it, just something I've observed. Also with HDR on, my pics take longer to upload to PS over 3G because its really like 3 photos combined and the normal pics upload quicker.

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
I've noticed mine skips or misses pics to photo stream when my signal is weak. If I have 3-5 bars of 3G I hardly miss any pics, 1-2 bars and some don't make it, if I'm on wifi the pics are there almost immediately.
I haven't really gone and tested it, just something I've observed. Also with HDR on, my pics take longer to upload to PS over 3G because its really like 3 photos combined and the normal pics upload quicker.

Now, see, that's really interesting considering the fact that Photostream does not upload at all over 3G.

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
I didn't know I was complaining, was just sharing my experience. I don't even really keep photo stream on all the time anyway, I prefer to sync my photos manually.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I have enabled Photo Stream. But I have it set to not automatically upload my new photos, as I like to add them manually after reviewing, deleting and maybe editing some of them. However, since this week photos I add manually aren't appearing in my Photo Stream anymore. I've updated to Aperture 3.3.2 yesterday. Could this new update have anything to do with this issue? The manually added photos appear to be added, when I look at the Activity window: all added photos take a while to upload. But after looking at my Photo Stream from both Aperture and my iPhone, said photos are nowhere to be found. I've tried adding some photos three times in a row, thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong. But clearly I'm not. What the heck is happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.