Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
I upgraded to mountain lion today, and iCal will no longer sync with my google calendar, I get an error that says

The URL https://calendar.google.com/calendar/dav/*****@gmail.com/user/ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

My email is still working correctly, and I tried to go into iCal preferences>accounts and reenter my password, this did not help.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it? I use google calendar for my entire life :(

Last edited:

laflaca

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
same problem here - deleting and re-adding the accounts doesn't work. Anyone?....

laflaca

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
not resolved for me! Tried removing and re-adding accounts twice; worked for a minute and then the same error message started popping up

techydoc

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
worked for me

The delete and add worked for me. I think this error started for me after I added a calendar in iCAL, which was not on Google. I was trying to add a local (not attached to an account) calendar.

MechActor

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
delete and re-add didn't work for me either.

I also tried to delete and re-add, yet it didn't solve the Error 404 message.

I notice that when I 'enable' my iCloud account (checking the box) that the Error 404 message pops up nearly right away.

Any other insight?

germanmacuser

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
Simple fix

I had this error and simply when to System Preference -- Internet Accounts -- Google account. Then I deselected the calendar. Closed iCal. Re-selected Calendar for my Google account and it fixed the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.