Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

araah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
It has been problem after problem since owning my new mbp. And ML didnt help. My archive tility takes literally 10 minutes to unzip a zip file -.- and the zip file in 39kb on avergage. Im stuck with a mbp that i dont want.

So anyone want a brand new 7 day old MBP?
I will stick with my z series

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
If you're that unhappy return it. If it's only been a week I don't think you'll have a problem getting a refund.

araah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
oh and i also forgot to mention that my finder doesnt open when i click on it. Instead i have to go to the desktop and open the hard drive in order to access my finder and folers

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
I haven't experience any of those problems in my rMBP. Sounds like you got a dud and should get a refund/replacement.

XeroZeus

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
It has been problem after problem since owning my new mbp. And ML didnt help. My archive tility takes literally 10 minutes to unzip a zip file -.- and the zip file in 39kb on avergage. Im stuck with a mbp that i dont want.

So anyone want a brand new 7 day old MBP?
I will stick with my z series

Ill take it

chrisherbert

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
oh and i also forgot to mention that my finder doesnt open when i click on it. Instead i have to go to the desktop and open the hard drive in order to access my finder and folers

There's something really wrong then. Finder should open right up.

Did you buy this computer new? And it was always like this? It may be time to wipe it and start over.

cmdrmac

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
IA, USA
What I don't get is why there are some people complaining about ML by saying that 'such and such' software isn't working. That's not ML's fault. It's not Apple's fault that the software vendor hasn't updated the app to be compatible with ML (unless the software vendor happens to be Apple).

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I just unzipped an archive in Mountain Lion, took less than a second. My Finder works fine too. I would try a fresh install.

trustme

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
I can't believe people are allowed to post a thread to ask about every single question they have. Any question you have it's probably been asked before. Search for it. If it doesn't work, ask Apple. If that didn't work then ask on a forum. Seriously this place is getting cluttered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.