Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Does anyone have experience with how well league of legends will run on the new macbook airs? Im not interested in HD 4000 benchmarks, I want feedback from experience with this particular computer.

My dilemma is this. I am not going to pay for a 13 inch macbook pro that has the same graphics card as the macbook air. If the HD 4000 can run League of Legends pretty well, I will probably get an Air. If it does not , then I am getting a pro with retina, because the 15 inch base pro models are not any difference in price really.

Feedback would be great thanks guys.

kooskoos1814

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2012
It works, not great, but in medium settings and one drop of resolution (1280x800 for example), I have about 20-25 fps on my 2011.

The 2012 should be perfectly fine then ;-)

ZoeStellan

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
Why do we have such a big difference in performance?

I run it at max resolution and mid-ish settings, and I get a semi-stable 60 fps on my 2011 MBA (it goes down a bit during big teamfights, but not by much).

I do restart under windows to play though. Are you running it using parallels or something similar? I noticed it did run slower.

Oh also, my brother has an entry level 2012 MacBook Pro, which has the Intel HD 4000 you mentioned. He ran it on high settings flawlessly.

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I run it through iLoL at 1440*900, med settings, and 45fps. Under bootcamp I'm sure it would do better. This is a 2012 8gb i5.

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Hey do you mind teaching me how to use iLol? thanks

You download it and mount it as a .dmg (i think that's how it's packaged). You then copy it into your application folder and run the application, and it should download the actual base files from the Riot servers. Make sure your firewall has an exception for this application or is off. Also allow internet applications: http://boompje.net/forum/index.php?topic=8584.0

It's also worth noting that it gets broken by most updates and requires a day or two for everything to work. Some people have a lot of trouble with it but my experience has been pretty positive with this laptop.

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
You download it and mount it as a .dmg (i think that's how it's packaged). You then copy it into your application folder and run the application, and it should download the actual base files from the Riot servers. Make sure your firewall has an exception for this application or is off. Also allow internet applications: http://boompje.net/forum/index.php?topic=8584.0

It's also worth noting that it gets broken by most updates and requires a day or two for everything to work. Some people have a lot of trouble with it but my experience has been pretty positive with this laptop.

Ok so basically I download Ilol then drag it to applications folder then click it and it downloads lol for me? Thanks

ebbygoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
Hey dude. I bought my 11" 2012 Air just over two weeks ago and haven't stopped lol since. I play it via iLoL and get between 50-60fps with high everything except I don't play with shadows.

LoL does chew up my battery understandably though so be sure to be near power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.