Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Since the 2nd of January I noticed that the calendar icon doesn't update it's date anymore. On the 2nd of January it still showed "Sunday 1". When I reboot or respring the date in the icon gets updated, but going into the next day the icon stays stuck on the day before. The calendar app (when opened) does show the correct date.

I have an jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with only these Cydia tweaks installed:

- IntelliscreenX
- WeeSpeeddial
- Bigify+
- Zephyr
- No folder badges

Does someone else also have this issue?

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
I noticed mine showing the 3rd this morning not the 4th. I went into General, Date and Time and turned the Set Automatically off , went in to Set Date and Time, I did not reset that as it was reading the correct details and then turned on the Set Automatically again.

This worked for me but I suspect (know) it was more through luck than skill. I don't know if it will happen again tomorrow though.

I hasten to add that mine is a bog standard, unbroken iPhone 4.

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
Obviously, Bigify is the cause of this problem. The program saves the cache of the icon and then manipulates it when you turn it on.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
But I didn't have this problem before the 1st of January and Rory Manton has the same problem and he states that he doesn't even have a jailbroken iPhone. I also read on Twitter that there are more people with this issue.

Mike Stone

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2012
Here is a simple workaround to resolve this problem:-

Power off the iphone by holding down the restart button (top of iphone towards the right) for a few seconds, then sliding the on-screen slider to the right to power off.

Wait a few seconds, then hold down the same button until the iphone restarts. After restarting, you will find that the icon displays the correct day and date.

(ps the problem is not due to your having jailbroken your iphone, it's just one of those things which Apple needs to correct)

psychspirit

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2006
So any updates? I am having the same problem as OP. I am removing Bigify and seeing if that fixes the problem. It's a shame because Bigify is a great visual tweek. :(

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Removing Bigify solved the problem for me. If you still want to resize your icons and don't want to have this problem you can use Shrink or Springtomize as they don't seem to show the symptoms :)

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I saw this today (showed March 20th on the 21st). I don't have Bigify loaded.

A respring fixed it but it is interesting.

betterdays

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2006
I have the same problem in ios 5.0.1 (jailbreak). It happens no matter what the date settings are : "set automatically" enabled or disabled, it still happens.
Also I don't have Bigify installed (I had never heard of it before this thread!)
Very annoying.

Last edited:

betterdays

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2006
I updated to 5.1 (tethered jailbreak) a few days ago and guess what : today is Sunday 8th but my icon reads friday 6th. It blows.

TOM1211

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
TO FIX: (worked for me 4s 5.01 jb) install
winterboard I used theme 266 that covers calendar icon apply theme respring then turn theme off apart from 266 dockbg my calendar icon now refreshes everyday I assume you can then remove theme.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Same problem here after jail breaking. I'm not using bigify. The only thing that corrects it respring/restart or turning off then back on auto time setting. Really annoying.

The date on my lock screen on the weather widget (lockinfo) updates correctly though.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Another place to look is in apple settings/Location Services/ scroll all the way down until you see System Services and double check if you have those on or off. Not sure if it would matter but didn't see that info above...

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Well I completely restored my phone a few weeks ago and rejailbroke it a few days ago and started having trouble with the date immediately (when midnight rolls around), as I recall. I'll try it...

When I change time manually to test it, the date changes properly. But when the time is set on auto set it doesn't change. This means I can only really test it at midnight. Ug. The only thing I know to do is a restore and railbreak.

TOM1211

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
TO FIX: (worked for me 4s 5.01 jb) install
winterboard I used theme 266 that covers calendar icon apply theme respring then turn theme off apart from 266 dockbg my calendar icon now refreshes everyday I assume you can then remove theme.

I updated to 5.1.1 and recieved the problem again previous fix doesnt work for me now however I have downloaded a load of tweaks to try and get it to refresh I bought barrel yesterday and calender has changed this morning running theme iOS 6 but think barrell made the difference!

xninjagrrl

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
Not sure if anyone is still following this but my phone says it is Thursday the 19th when it is in fact Friday the 20th. My phone is not jailbroken and I never even heard of Bigify. I'm all stock here. I just went into General settings and turned automatic time off and on. It is fine now.

pb60

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
Same thing is happening to me for the past couple days now. It shows one day before. But in my calandar the date is normal.
My phone is not jailbroken.

MissLauraLox

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
I turned automatic time off and on again and it appears to have worked. Won't know for sure until tomorrow though.

Pissyappleman

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
My phone is telling me its October 19 at 4:50am and the real time is October 31 4:18am! How in the world could this be? I have a new unjailbroken iphone5 ...

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
My phone is telling me its October 19 at 4:50am and the real time is October 31 4:18am! How in the world could this be? I have a new unjailbroken iphone5 ...

When you set it up, did you restore to a backup of an older phone that was jailbroken ?

If so, you brought bits and pieces of jailbroken code onto your new device and this is likely the reason.

I always recommend setting up a brand new device manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.