Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
It seems Apple might announce new iPod Touch 5G from September to October 2012 while iPhone 5 at 12 September as well.

Update (12th September): Apple Announcement for New iPod Touch 5G 2012

Many users have requested in numerous topics about exact release date of new iPod Touch in 2012. Most of them have said that most threads are old and not accurately updated.

Some Leaked Images: New iPod Touch 5G Leaked Photo Gallery

I have prepared a complete analytic Report on iPod Touch 5G Release Date and as per that report Apple will release iPod Touch 5th Generation between September to October 2012.

As per Report, Apple might introduce New iPod Touch 6th Generation instead of 5G with 3G connectivity and lot more improvement.

If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G.

Waiting for your reply guys.

Last edited:

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

These are some of the most expected features which could be added.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.

We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
That's a best idea to keep up to date with Apple store and third party store price. Sometimes we get better product with low cost price.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
The new iPod touch will probably just have the same form factor of the new iPhone. I would maybe expect NFC, but just not 3G or anything on that side.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)

Yes, you're right. iOS 6 surly coming out with new iPod Touch while A6 Chip and further improvement in Camera are also expected.

quadtronix

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012

I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice... :)

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Kind of a pain/useless when on the go. Unless you're connected to a network, its capabilities are severely inhibited.

That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.

wiznet

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Canada
That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.

I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.

That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.

wiznet

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Canada
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.

Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice... :)

I am stating that A5 Processor might included because if we see couple of last releases Apple upgraded iPod Touch chip.

Last release of iPod Touch 4.5G have A5 Chip with iOS 5 operating system, If Apple uses iOS 6 in 5th Generation then A6 Chip will be needed to support iOS 6 and if this is the case then Siri might included.

We can just hope. nothing else.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY

Yea right. When I traveled last year everywhere I went there was either no WiFi Networks or the were locked yet everyone with there smartphones were able to get online. I would love the next iPod Touch to have 3G but with no phone like the iPad has.

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Apple should launch two models one should be Wi-Fi and other should be Wi-Fi + 3G

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?

You're splitting hairs. It was the only exception, and they did still "alter" it in that time frame.

Rehana1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.

Many countries doesn't have well equipped Wi-Fi technology and there iPod Touch users might be nervous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.