Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like a MacRumors iPhone App?

• Yes, that would be great!

Votes: 130 82.8%
  • No, what's the point/I like mobile Safari better

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

denaliOnDubs

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
CO
The mobile version plays out ok, but I would love a macrumors app. I was actually surprised that there wasn't one (searched app store first).

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Given that this site is one of the first places that I go to on the Internet every day, I whole-heartedly (six-hundred, thirty-) second this notion. I don't need an iPad/tablet app, though maybe Android tablets could use it (by virtue of their browser having a tendency to load mobile sites more often); just something for my fourth gen iPod touch (and maybe my Galaxy Nexus).

garbeth

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Brisvegas
Just want to add another yes vote for this. Whilst browsing on the iPad is not too bad, browsing on the iPhone just sucks!

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Just like to throw my support behind an app dedicated for MacRumors forums. Great place to interact and it would be awesome if it had an app.

iPhone89

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I agree that the site and forums need an iPad/iPhone app. I love checking the site numerous times daily and it would make the experience even better.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I actually very much dislike the mobile version of the forums on this site. There are too few threads on one page and I feel like I have to go through 4-5 pages to find something that would be on page 1 or 2 on my desktop.

That said, an app with options of how many threads/posts per page would be great.

I'm surprised that an Apple-centric website doesn't have its own app in the first place.

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
I hate to bump this (well, it's hardly a bump..) but we NEED A MACRUMORS APP! I use the forums profusely on my iPhone, and to be completely honest, am not a huge fan on layout of it all. Some small glitches bug me, for example: I get a notification number for however many people have quoted me.. If I go to my subscribed threads before I look at quoted entries, the number will stay there! Call me picky or whatever, but I feel like a standalone app could do us more MacRumors fans more justice.

Computer1603

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
-
Hello there, I wanted to tell you guys, that I can work on a iPhone/iPad Universal App!
If there are so many people interested in ;)

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Is there an iPad app for MacRumors forum?

Hi

I'm regularly using this forum, but using my windows PC and browser which sounds little out of synch

Is there a iPad app for this forum ?

While on this note : Is there at least an iPhone app for this forum ?

TIA

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
is there an iPad app for mac rupmour forum ?

Not specifically for MR, but an app named Tapatalk works pretty well for a lot of forums including this one. It's available for iPhone & iPad.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
FWIW, there was/is a MacRumors app being designed. I haven't heard anything about it recently, but I'd bet it's gotta be close to done.

It may have been put on hold once AppShopper was pulled from the App Store. I'd assume getting AppShopper back in the store is pretty important.

As of Sep 13, 2008

hey guys.

If we did this, I'd want MacRumors to control the app as an "official" version -- to avoid conflicts down the line. If there are any developers who thinks they could do this sort of app for hire, contact me.

As of Sep 8, 2010

So, there will be an official MacRumors app. I'll admit I was a little lukewarm about it at the beginning, but an on board with it. I'd like it to be more useful than an RSS reader. Frankly, there are no existing site apps that I'd rather use their app then just launch mobile safari. If you have any that you feel are that good, then let me know... I'm still on the look out.

As of May 10, 2012

We are fleshing out a MacRumors app now. It is still prob many months off, esp since one of our developers had an accident and is out of commission for a while. But I wanted to let you know that a MacRumors App is in consideration, and the goal is to make it a great experience... but that will take time.

You can be honest with us. This isn't coming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.