Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samqwerty94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
England
Hi,

Anybody else not getting the Facebook Chat sidebar since upgrading to OS X 10.8 on a Macbook Pro 15"?

Since upgrading it will only let me have the chat button in the bottom right hand corner, and you have to click that to see your friends who are available on chat.

Anybody no a fix?

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
Yeah I got that problem too. I solved it by getting the Menu Tab Pro for Facebook app. Its only a buck, and lets you keep Facebook open without taking up a tab in safari or chrome, and you get notifications when someone starts a chat with you.

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
I never got the facebook chat sidebar to appear in Safari. It appears in Chrome.
Tried in Lion and ML too.

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
The sidebar is visible for me (rMBR, ML, Safari 6) though it doesn't show who is online until I open a chat with the friend, then it gets updated

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Ever since Facebook has gone public, they have lost their ability to control their own company. Stock has slid, and now they are in panic mode. Expect mobile ads by X-mas this year as they scramble for new revenue. The minute they have a mobile ad, thats the minute I get rid of the app....

And I had this issue as well, I enlarged my window, and it fixed it, but I also use Aurora now as well, and find it to be a blazing fast browser...only thing I miss is ability to insta-tweet articles I find for work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.