Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drive428

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Bakersfield
My iBook recently decided that it won't take any DVDs or CDs. The second I put one in, it will eject it right back out. Anyone else have this problem?

drive428

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Bakersfield
Well, I held down C while rebooting, nothing. I dont have the restore discs, since I'm at my dads for the weekend. But how wouldthe restore discs work if the computer won't accept any discs?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Diganosing the problem.
If the computer accepted the CD/DVD restore disk during boot, then it's an OS thing. If the computer ejects imeadtly, and won't boot from the optical drive at all, then it is likely a hardware issue. Booting while holding C does nothing unless a bootable optical disk is inserted.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
If you can, yes! They should be able to help you. If it's not under warrenty or AppleCare then perhaps the Genius Bar could at least give you an idea of what the cause is.

drive428

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Bakersfield
I'e had the computer since January, so the 6 months should be abut up. There is a Apple section in the CompUSA in my town. Will they replace the drive there?

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
drive428 said:
I'e had the computer since January, so the 6 months should be abut up.

I think Apple have a 1 year warranty don't they? If anyone thing goes wrong in that year Apple should fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.