Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreenLantern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Greetings. I notice that in System Preferences one is able to activate icon badges for Mail, Reminders and Calendar, possibly for other applications as well. I have done so but the only badges I ever see are those for the emails I receive. It would be great to be able to see badge icons for reminders and calendar events so that they aren't forgotten after the alert is dispatched. Does anyone out there know any more about this? I've fooled around with it for quite some time with no luck.

GL

GreenLantern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Badge Icons

Same here. I called Apple Support and they were able to duplicate the issue. Although it hasn't been confirmed, the general consensus was that this is simply functionality that was never implemented.

I was previously using iProcrastinate, which does show badge icons and it made it much easier to keep abreast of what was still unfinished business.

I hope Apple picks up the ball and runs with it. You can go to their support page, as I did, and fill out their customer feedback form.

On the other hand, if anyone out there knows how to turn this on, it would be great to hear something from them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.