Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone are you currently using? You may select more than one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I'll start off:

I'm on AT&T and I have the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII (ICS ver 4.0.4 - rooted - stock ROM w/Nova Launcher)
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (GB ver 2.3.5 - not rooted w/Touchwiz)
Samsung Tab 8.9 (Honeycomb ver 3.whatever. The OS sucks! Getting ICS in approx 2 weeks. Also not rooted, completely stock)

Next Android based product: A Nexus device. Nexus 7 or GNex 2)

If you have something other than Apple based products, post it here as well. I.e. Windows Phone (which one, version, etc)

Last edited:

zainiak

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2012
samsung WHITE Epic 4G Touch. Rooted running CM9 and will be upgrading to CM10 when its stable eneough. on sprint

next non apple device, probably a galaxy siii or the next nexus phone
next apple, Retina macbook pro, will be delivered on Wednesday

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
SGS3 international version. 4.0.4. Not rooted (yet).

IPad 1 stock 5.1.1.

Next device probably a tablet, since the iPad is getting too old. Deciding between the nexus 7, surface tablet or waiting for iPad mini or iPad 4.

Next phone a nexus if they get micro SD or 32GB stock.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Google Nexus 7 - No Carrier - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (Ordered)

Sadly no Android mobile phones. My mom once previously owned a HTC Merge on Verizon with Froyo 2.2

Can't wait for my Nexus to FINALLY arrive!

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Current devices:

On AT&T

Galaxy Note I717 White

Tablets: HP TouchPad happily purring with CM9, cheap Chinese aluminum Android tablet

Retired phones/tablets:

HTC Aria

iPhone 3Gs Custom Blue & White case mod (to resemble the PowerMac G3 B&W

HTC Surround

Motorola Droid X

Blackberry Curve 8310 (I think...) soon to be revived;):cool:

Cheap Chinese Android tablet

Next devices (God willing)

Galaxy Note 2 or 3 (depending on the cash I have available)

ASUS Transformer of some sort

Last edited:

Jb07

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2011
Dallas
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket on AT&T running Android 4.0.4 with Apex Launcher.
I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 3.2 w/no carrier.

Next Android product: GS3 or new Nexus device.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 - Android 4.0.4 (stock) - Three UK (phone is unlocked)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.1.1 (stock) - No carrier, unlocked.
ZTE Blade - Android 4.1.1 (CyanogenMod 10 unofficial) - Orange UK (now unlocked)

Tablets:
Asus Transformer Prime - Android 4.0.4 (CyanogenMod 9)
Asus Google Nexus 7 - Android 4.1.1 (stock)

Other phone:
HP Pré 3 - WebOS 2.2.4 - No carrier, unlocked.
Other tablet:
Apple iPad 2 (gsm) - iOS 5.1.1 - Three UK.

I'll be looking at getting the next Nexus when it arrives and possibly a Nokia handset running WP8.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Samsung Galaxy S3 White (ICS version 4.0.4 , not Rooted, using Apex launcher)

Galaxy S Vibrant (Now is back to stock after running many ROMs) Isnt being used. Will sell it soon.

In the process of looking for either a HTC Radar or a Lumia 710 w/ Windows 7.5 on eBay or Craiglist. Probably will get the Radar.

Still have my iPhone 2G which is in pristine condition but i dont use it and havent for over two years.

I dont own a tablet

Last edited:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus here. Loving it so far. Probably the best phone I've owned so far, coming from the iPhone 4 I sold off.

Will probably stick with this Nexus for the next year or two. This phone is powerful enough for my needs for a long time.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I am seeing a common theme so far of Samsung and/or Nexus being dominant. Like to see a lot more people post up tomorrow to get a better idea of oour non ios demographics on this board.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I am seeing a common theme so far of Samsung and/or Nexus being dominant. Like to see a lot more people post up tomorrow to get a better idea of oour non ios demographics on this board.
To be frank, Samsung is the best Android smartphone provider right now. The sheer variety of high end devices that actually work well is unparalleled in the Android world. Sure, they could use higher end materials on their phones but their stuff actually is pretty solid internally, which is why Apple is so close to them manufacturing-wise.

It could have been Nokia getting that top spot, but Microsoft sent their man in to wipe out that possibility. It would have been nice to see Nokia get their title back since they do make great products, but now we have to put up with an Apple-Samsung duopoly.

Don't even get me started on HTC btw, their HTC One X is pretty buggy, which is why it's selling for only 99 bucks already, and HTC makes a lot of crappy phones and few decent ones.

Last edited:

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) International version. Not rooted.
Android 4.0.4
O2 (UK carrier)

I have a iPad 1 running the latest iOS, but will be seriously looking at an iPad mini if it comes to fruition.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I'm on AT&T

HTC One X (Grey) running CleanROM 4.1 Developer Edition based on android 4.0.3

It's basically a blend of Sense and asop. It has the look and performance of stock ICS with the beautiful camera & settings of sense minus all the sense widgets.

HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI based on CM9 ICS.

iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1

I would never buy samsung, imo all they do is poach off apple's ideas and their support is horrid. Had the GS3 for a week but I missed the HOXs beautiful super LCD screen so I took it back, plus it felt like a big plastic brick. The Nexus line is probably the only samsung phone I would ever consider

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google Play. Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with Tmobile and HSPA+.

----------

To be frank, Samsung is the best Android smartphone provider right now. The sheer variety of high end devices that actually work well is unparalleled in the Android world. Sure, they could use higher end materials on their phones but their stuff actually is pretty solid internally, which is why Apple is so close to them manufacturing-wise.

It could have been Nokia getting that top spot, but Microsoft sent their man in to wipe out that possibility. It would have been nice to see Nokia get their title back since they do make great products, but now we have to put up with an Apple-Samsung duopoly.

Don't even get me started on HTC btw, their HTC One X is pretty buggy, which is why it's selling for only 99 bucks already, and HTC makes a lot of crappy phones and few decent ones.

I really never understood why people were so enamored with HTC. I always thought their products were ugly, with the exception of the G2.

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
Samsung just cannot be beaten. I use their products and they feel like a compete article. Software is always smooth, zippy and reliable. I also think they're brilliant for the support they give to the developers. They give the top developers free flagship devices and the community appreciates that.

Ultimately, whilst some HTCs can look nice, that novelty wears off, but having fast internals is something you appreciate, especially if you're stuck with it for years

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Current phone: iPhone 4S, Sprint
Current tablet: iPad 2 WiFi

Before the iPhone (not including dumb phones):

Galaxy S2
Nexus S 4G
Evo 4G

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Currently have:

iPhone 4S (64GB on jailbroken 5.0.1, 32GB on iOS6)
Nokia Lumia 900 (bone stock Rogers LTE device)
HTC One XL (unlocked Rogers device, running KingCobra1X)
Galaxy S II (international i9100, VillainROM)
Galaxy Note (int'l model, RocketROM)

First Windows Phone user here?

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Unlocked Galaxy Nexus from Google Play. Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with Tmobile and HSPA+.

----------

I really never understood why people were so enamored with HTC. I always thought their products were ugly, with the exception of the G2.

For me it's the build quality first and foremost. Even when the inspire 4G came out it was so different from other android phones with the seamless unibody aluminum casing and beautiful contours. When you hold it there's a certain heft to it that exudes quality.

Fast forward to the HOX and there's a completely different build but the quality is still there. There's no wasted bezel on the One X and the polycarbonate body is arguably the best design for a phone. Only equivalent I can think of is the Lumia 900. Now there are certain things I wish htc would improve on like higher battery capacity and raised physical buttons as far as the volume rocker goes, but those are issues I can deal with.

IMO htc phones may not be the fastest or most highly spec'd but they add that extra touch of class and elegance that other oem's often overlook.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit - also sense is visually stunning. Yes it lags but it's the most complete ui thus why it's the most sought after. Notice how on almost every other phone people inquire about sense roms, but with HTC you never see anyone asking about touchwiz or motoblur roms. Even though it's heavy and somewhat laggy its still the best ui on the block

Yea sometimes I prefer to run stock ICS but I always get that itch to run sense again and no other devices can run a perfectly stable sense rom except for htc phones.

Last edited:

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Current devices- Apple iPhone 4

Deciding between the HTC One S or an unlocked Galaxy Nexus. Even if I do buy an iPhone 5, I'm still going to get the One S, on another line.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Phones:
Motorola Razr ICS 4.0.4
IPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1

Tablets:
Motorola Xoom LTE ICS 4.0.4
iPad 2 wifi iOS 5.1.1

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
For me it's the build quality first and foremost. Even when the inspire 4G came out it was so different from other android phones with the seamless unibody aluminum casing and beautiful contours. When you hold it there's a certain heft to it that exudes quality.

Fast forward to the HOX and there's a completely different build but the quality is still there. There's no wasted bezel on the One X and the polycarbonate body is arguably the best design for a phone. Only equivalent I can think of is the Lumia 900. Now there are certain things I wish htc would improve on like higher battery capacity and raised physical buttons as far as the volume rocker goes, but those are issues I can deal with.

IMO htc phones may not be the fastest or most highly spec'd but they add that extra touch of class and elegance that other oem's often overlook.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit - also sense is visually stunning. Yes it lags but it's the most complete ui thus why it's the most sought after. Notice how on almost every other phone people inquire about sense roms, but with HTC you never see anyone asking about touchwiz or motoblur roms. Even though it's heavy and somewhat laggy its still the best ui on the block

Yea sometimes I prefer to run stock ICS but I always get that itch to run sense again and no other devices can run a perfectly stable sense rom except for htc phones.

Well to me being heavy exudes a brick. Not the size of the phone. Samsung may use plastic ,...though it is Polycarbonate which is real strong plastic, ...it is how NFC works. It wont work with a metal or aluminum back and other than the plastic back, it is a well built phone. Then add that HTC being a well built phone,...(though ive seen some falling apart) some here are saying HTC doesnt work well as a whole. It is made in Taiwan i believe. Not the best rep for good quality.
Id assume some HTC's do work well and im trying to decide between a HTC Radar or a Lumia 710(Both w/ Windows 7.5). The Lumia i just dont really like that one long physical button but it is a Nokia and i can get a 2000 mAh battery for it on ebay(business edition) for $15-20 without needing to alter the back cover. It will fit in there. But , ....i dont need anything real fancy, i just want a Windows phone to mess with (im really starting to like it) and it has everything i need even though i cant replace the battery or extend the memory. That said, the Radar is cheaper on eBay so ill probably go that route.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.