Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malone1878

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Any news whether their is an event tomorrow ? I heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago about it... Thanks.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Is anyone thinking new imacs will come out tomorrow.... not a chance i mean i wish theyd release them today for all i care i want an imac as much as anyone here. But if there was going to be such event, we would hear something and if the imac were to be release tomorrow i think we would see something. So far nothing. the rumors sites are too busy over reporting about the iphone. So no new imacs tomorrow sadly.

Last edited:

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I am wondering the same thing to. It seems that the few rumors about an August 7th even were from end of June through mid July. There hasn't been any other mention since then.

Either way, I hope that the new iMac is out in time for September 25th's release of the new Wow expansion. Hopefully the 2012's have decent GPUs on the smaller screen size models, as well as decent SSD configurations - all standard - as I would love to pick one up right from the local Apple Store whenever the hell it's released! But wtih all this waiting, whats another week for shipping?

Malone1878

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Is anyone thinking new imacs will come out tomorrow.... not a chance i mean i wish theyd release them today for all i care i want an imac as much as anyone here. But if there was going to be such event, we would hear something and if the imac were to be release tomorrow i think we would see something. So far nothing the rumors sites are to busy over reporting about the iphone. So no new imacs tomorrow sadly.

Are you in the correct thread ?

Bendrix

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
photo.jpg

What is the meaning of this? Is it Apple related? I thought the coloration and typeface looked similar to the 2012 WWDC ads.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
apple never do such a marketing like that.
if imacs come out tomorrow it would be without warning. Could happen, even if there´s no event. But could just as well come out any other day as well, so no reason to get worked up over it, noone has any clue. Only thing we know the closer we get to october the bigger chance for an imac update.

Last edited:

Bendrix

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
Now I am curious. Could you ask someone in the building?

I'm not sure whom I would ask. The buildings behind it are rented by several different tenants, private and business. And I don't know where their management offices are, or who even owns the billboard.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
After the year I've had, I'm not going to get my hopes up about any potential release dates. Too many disappointments so far. But I would love to be proved wrong.

Bendrix

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
I can't find anything about this billboard. My guess is that maybe it's related to some kind of end-of-world Mayan prophecy.

Crazy82

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I hope it will be released tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Meny rumors says october realese. Therefore I beleave Apple will do a october 2010 replika and realese iLife 12 (it's time for an update) and iMac's.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I saw many iPhone rumors for the Aug 7th, but they dried up mid July as everyone is now speculating Sep 12th.

Either way, every day I keep thinking about pulling the trigger on the higher 21.5" with an SSD BTO. But when I see the price and then think of what performance the alleged 2012 will give me at the same price, I wait.

Oh first world problems.

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
I'm not sure whom I would ask. The buildings behind it are rented by several different tenants, private and business. And I don't know where their management offices are, or who even owns the billboard.

All right, it's cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.