Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronlam

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I did and the issue seems to have gone away... so far... knock on wood.

Running mid-2010 Macbook Pro with SSD.

aaronlam

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
So I did a Time Machine backup after my initial clean install of the final 10.8 and with my programs. I don't TM backup after that.

I restored from that Time Machine backup when I did the clean install.

zkarj

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2007
It's FileVault!

Someone else mentioned FileVault. I think they're right.

I upgraded my early 2011, SSD equipped MBP to 10.8 on day one and have done multiple reboots with no problems. Tonight I turned on FileVault on my boot drive and BOOM! Blue screen cast.

FileVault does change the boot sequence so the suggestions of failing to load the colour profile seem reasonable. Not necessarily because of speed perhaps, but something about the re-ordered boot process that FileVault entails.

TheLycan

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
Reset PRAM & SMC

I did upgrade-install with FileVault off for the SSD and the issue was there.
Only re-login trick worked but it had to be applied on each boot...
Then I did reset SMC and PRAM, so far everything's fine here. Just and idea

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
i'm experincing this too, it must be inconsistent becuase im sure it hasn't always been this way.

i also have a ssd in a late 2011 macbook pro.

im wondering if using airplay is a culprit.

draxtus

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
color change

Hola a mi me sucedio lo mismo, por lo que vi el sistema toma un perfil Adobe RGB donde cambia la Tª del color, por eso coloca ese color frío. Lo que me resulto fue desactivar el sistema automático de cambio de tarjeta y reiniciar. Despues volvi a activarlo y el problema quedo solucionado.
Saludos

Sorry, but I dont speak english

richads

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Paris
Hi,

I'm a french Mac user and here's my story :

My macbook pro's specs :

- Mid-2010 - 15"
- i7 2,66 GHz
- 8 Go Ram
- 1680x1050 option
- SSD Crucial C300 - 256 Go

After ML installation, i had the same issue with the blue colorizing ...

Solution (in my case) : log out and log in ...

Hope Apple will fix this thing !

Richads

grapii

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
re-login works, but it's a pain and not a solution. Apple needs to fix this as it's annoying...

10.8 = issue
10.8.1 = still an issue

fobia79

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Did anyone find a fix for this yet. Re-login worked for me but still annoying to do this every time. Problem started after mountain lion upgrade.

dmisita

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Log out works!

Yup, MBP 2011 with an Intel SSD. And, Log Out definitely cured the problem. Power down, Restart, SMC reset, PRAM reset, not effective.

And, I spoke to Apple about the subject at length. After trying nearly every fix known to man, we determined that taking Datacolor's Spyder Utility out of the startup programs seemed to help.

But, since the problem started back up on it's own . . . I will now just use the LogOut procedure to get rid of this.

yichi

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2012
After googling for a while, couldn't find a fix... the only way for now, is simply disable Automatic Graphics Switching...

Scorpion183

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
Luxemburg
Same problem

I have the same problem with my Macbook Pro early 2011 with ssd 256 and Filevault activated. Its annoying and I hope that Apple knows about this problem and will fix it with an update.

Otterblue

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Canada
Same problem here on late-2011 i7 15" MacBook Pro after I upgraded to Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid. Will try rebooting/relogin.

aaronlam

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I still have this issue... only reliable solution for me was to turn off graphics switching. I've never had FileVault on.

mid-2010 MBP 15" HiRes display with dual hard drives... OS on Samsung SSD.

jmsweet

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Annoying Blue Tint

I have the White MacBook from 2009 and now am having an this blue tint issue. I've tried shutting down the computer and then starting it back up and also going into the "display" options and nothing happened.

Interesting thing was when I opened my computer it said that there was an error and had to reboot (it rebooted before I opened my computer) and that I should send the error report - which I did.

But this is very annoying on the eyes. I hope someone can find a solution to this soon. :mad:

aaronlam

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I have the White MacBook from 2009 and now am having an this blue tint issue. I've tried shutting down the computer and then starting it back up and also going into the "display" options and nothing happened.

Interesting thing was when I opened my computer it said that there was an error and had to reboot (it rebooted before I opened my computer) and that I should send the error report - which I did.

But this is very annoying on the eyes. I hope someone can find a solution to this soon. :mad:

Did you turn off graphics switching in the display preferences?

random4t4x14

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
I had this issue, and I resolved it.

I just experienced this issue. When switching to the dedicated GPU on my Late 2011 MacBook Pro, I found that my screen had a blue tint to it. This was right after updating to the latest SMC update.

I reset the SMC, and all was well.

To reset the SMC on any Unibody MacBook Pro or higher -

1). Shutdown the Mac
2). Connect the MagSafe power cable
3). Press and hold the LEFT Option+Control+Shift keys on the built in keyboard
4). While still holding the keys above, press the power button in the top right corner of the Mac

While it doesn't look like you did anything, it actually did reset the SMC. After doing this, boot the Mac normally, and once booted to the desktop, see if that resolved the issue. If it didn't, the only other thing I can suggest is to reset the NVRAM

To reset the NVRAM -

1). Shutdown the Mac
2). Press and hold Command + Option + P + R on the built in keyboard
3). While still holding the keys above, press the power button in the top right corner of the Mac
4). Release the keys after you hear the startup chime for the 3rd time.

If that didn't resolve your issue, you may have a corrupted Color Profile, which can generally be resolved by restoring an old copy from a Time Machine backup. Restore an old copy of "Color LCD-00000610-0000-9CB7-0000-000004272DC0.icc" to /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/ , please note that your profile name may differ, but the "Color LCD" profile is the correct one for the built in display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.