Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
still room?
Yep, I've sent the codes across to you by PM. :)

In other news, I've been guilty of high buffoonery. Or at least, rather poor maths. An 18 team Cup would give us – with each team playing two matches against the other participants – a 34 game season. What this means is that we have sufficient Gameweeks for the 34 matches plus a three round knockout phase.

With that in mind, the Cup will begin in Gameweek 2, and run for the following 37 Gameweeks. The knockout phases will now involve the top eight teams of the regular season. Hope that makes sense!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
With stridemat's hose-clad heroes entered into the Cup, we only have one place left available in that competition - first come, first served.

The main League is of course still open to as many teams as would like to register.

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
My Cup runneth over...

Cup Logo.jpg

...well, it's full to the brim at least. We now have 18 teams signed up so I'm afraid that our head-to-head competition is now closed to new entrants for this season.

The teams contesting the silverware will be Sporting Dual-Cores, Hardly Athletic, Pinstripe City, Brainerd FC, T!llionaire Toyshire, Pachyderm FC, Neutron Heath, Omaha Latics, Woodingtonhampshire, Horizon Heights, Elisbury Hill, The Stoplights, Tall Saints, Argy-Bargy, LITH United, Mancunian Mopheads, Thigh High Socks, and Fizzy's Flyers.

For anyone else though, don't fret – the main MacRumors League itself is still open to any and all comers.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
You mean the app written by last season's Macrumors League and Cup double winner andrewstephenso?

I've heard it's alright. ;)

oops. So he's not going to defend his cup? How come? Afraid of the t!llionaires..maybe not.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Discovered something new (to me) on the League site. If you click on your name under the Manager column, you're presented with your Fantasy EPL history. Here's mine from the last 2 seasons, obviously not bragging. :eek:

Season Points Rank
2010/11 1759 791254
2011/12 1904 416096

I think it's cool, gonna help me set a goal to top 2,000 pts and move into the top 300k users this year. Camt wait for this season! Viva la Stoplights!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The new season is here.:)

Our first deadline is at 11.30am today (that's Englandshire time for you overseas types). After that, our teams will lock and can only be changed using your weekly transfer for single changes, or with a points deduction or use of the wild card for multiple moves.

Good luck everyone!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Introducing Atlético de Liver :

I like your kit and Yaya..but this team...seriously?! T!llionaires would crunsh you during cuptime! :cool::p
Although my defence is as strong as yours I guess.

Curious about Allen though, is he really worth the 18.000.000?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
So, our first Gameweek has begun, and the League is under way for the 2012-13 season. We have 30 teams signed up...

• MattAtlanta's Argy-Bargy
• Fed's Atlético de Liver
• coatsy's Bayern Bru
• Pivo6's Brainerd FC
• Lord Blackadder's Cleveland FC
• Roger1989's Elisbury Hill
• Kofi's Fabulous Boyz
• andrewstephenso's ffmiphone, our defending champions
• pjlander's Fightin' Shrooms
• Fizzoid's Fizzy's Flyers
• Tom8's Hardly Athletic
• barredfreak's Horizon Heights
• tefleming's lfcclt
• andalusia's Mancunian Mopheads
• bymyinitials Midtable Tiki-Taka
• oscillatewildly's Neutron Heath
• swiftaw's Omaha Latics
• pachyderm's Pachyderm FC
• Moyank24's Pinstripe City
• mouchoir's Podolski Sunday
• Silencio's Prospect Park FC
• My own Sporting Dual-Cores
• Tilpot's The Stoplights
• phil.black's Tall Saints
• stridematt's Thigh High Socks
• twietee's T!llionaire Toyshire
• PhilA's Telford Blues
• adamtoone's Toon Army
• WoodNUFC's Woodingtonhampshire

Welcome to our teams new and old, and good luck for the season. Please don't forget to remove any jewellery before entering the field of play, and please ensure that any ankle tape matches the predominant colour of your socks.

Teams that are registered in the Cup – don't forget that that competition kicks off in Gameweek 2. Once the FPL site has generated the fixtures I'll get them posted up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.