Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
what ho edwin
i'm playing the official feral borderlands now, and i was bloody surprised to find out that I can't play a LAN game with my friend with the god mode on, there's simply no connection. with the god set to false, there's no problem at all. is there any way to work it around somehow? appreciate your help

God mode is banned in LAN mode (I believe the PC does the same) this is to stop online and LAN cheating :)

Edwin

Hock

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
I just got done with the game and 3/4 DLCs and was about to move onto the 4th, all on my first play through. This was when the app crashed and would crash whenever I tried to click on "Singleplayer" in game. I soon solved this by removing that save file from the borderlands save folder. Unfortunately, this means I can't play the game with my character I had spent something like 36 hours on. If someone can tell me how to either; uncorrupt the save file, get a new save file, or spawn in XP and Weapons. Thanks!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I just got done with the game and 3/4 DLCs and was about to move onto the 4th, all on my first play through. This was when the app crashed and would crash whenever I tried to click on "Singleplayer" in game. I soon solved this by removing that save file from the borderlands save folder. Unfortunately, this means I can't play the game with my character I had spent something like 36 hours on. If someone can tell me how to either; uncorrupt the save file, get a new save file, or spawn in XP and Weapons. Thanks!

If you have the save game files (the entire folder) send them to support we can have a look.

If they are damaged beyond repair you can find my save games hidden inside the game data disk image. There are two saves. One is a 100% play through of the main game (all missions) but the DLC has not been started. The second is the same as the first save but with all of the DLC complete as well. The second play thorough has not been started in either save. The character is tooled up with guns and upgrades.

Edwin

Hock

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
If you have the save game files (the entire folder) send them to support we can have a look.

If they are damaged beyond repair you can find my save games hidden inside the game data disk image.

So I sent the files, but now I'm interested in these save files you speak of. I would mostly use them until I could get my old save back, but I don't know where this "game data disk image" is located.

EDIT: Looking back on the post, I found the instructions, and followed them, and found it!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
So I sent the files, but now I'm interested in these save files you speak of. I would mostly use them until I could get my old save back, but I don't know where this "game data disk image" is located.

EDIT: Looking back on the post, I found the instructions, and followed them, and found it!

Thanks again!

I hope you like the Sniper character I enjoyed building him up :)

Edwin

Hock

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
So I sent it to support, but they just regarded it as another moved save file. At least I have your awesome save file to play on, though!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
So I sent it to support, but they just regarded it as another moved save file. At least I have your awesome save file to play on, though!

We are training up a new support Ninja, I usually only get called in to help when stuff gets real strange. If you reply saying Edwin said he would have a look they will pass it on.

I might take a few days to check it over as I am busy on other tasks (my role is not support or social media ninja) but I will confirm if the save is truly broken or not.

Edwin

Jwhitehead333

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Hey eddeduck,
I purchased the DVD version when it first came out. And since then Ive installed it on my computer, then had to reinstall the operating system, then reinstalled it, etc.. over the last two years. But I never remembered to deactivate it. I have now used up all my activations, but only have it installed on one computer. Is there anyway to re-set the activations? Thanks

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hey eddeduck,
I purchased the DVD version when it first came out. And since then Ive installed it on my computer, then had to reinstall the operating system, then reinstalled it, etc.. over the last two years. But I never remembered to deactivate it. I have now used up all my activations, but only have it installed on one computer. Is there anyway to re-set the activations? Thanks

If you only ever installed it on one Mac you will only have used up one activation, even if you reinstall the OS without deactivating. The game only uses up one activation token per Mac. Using up all 5 activations means that the game has been activated on 5 different Macs.

However if you send an email to thatsnomoon [at] feralinteractive [dot] com containing your serial number I can have look at your activation history see what happened in your case.

Edwin

Jwhitehead333

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
If you only ever installed it on one Mac you will only have used up one activation, even if you reinstall the OS without deactivating. The game only uses up one activation token per Mac. Using up all 5 activations means that the game has been activated on 5 different Macs.
Edwin

Interesting, in that case, I have a sneaking suspicion my brother 'borrowed' my discs of Boarderlands, and probably shared it out to his friends. :mad: Thanks for the info, it would seem ive got some heads to crack. :)

Meccaskam

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
How do you zoom in Borderlands 2 using a MacBook Pro?

Having trouble figuring this out. Please can someone enlighten me. Thanks.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.