Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Hello, all. I'm the owner of a 3G iPod, and it was purchased before May 31, 2004. Therefore I do qualify for the iPod settlement, and recieved the notice by mail from Apple.

My concern is that I myself didn't pay for the iPod; a friend of mine bought it for me as a wedding present. I'm wondering if that's ok. It was a brand new iPod, registered under my name, but paid for by someone else. If I get a copy of the receipt from him, would I be able to send this in and still qualify?

Thanks in advance!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
jrv3034 said:
Hello, all. I'm the owner of a 3G iPod, and it was purchased before May 31, 2004. Therefore I do qualify for the iPod settlement, and recieved the notice by mail from Apple.

My concern is that I myself didn't pay for the iPod; a friend of mine bought it for me as a wedding present. I'm wondering if that's ok. It was a brand new iPod, registered under my name, but paid for by someone else. If I get a copy of the receipt from him, would I be able to send this in and still qualify?

Thanks in advance!
I don't see why they would give you a problem lots of people get ipods as gifts...

i need help to on my settlement also...
I bought my 3g at the apple store. It gave me problems so they gave me a brand new. But the battery is failing on the newer one. I don't have the orignal receipt but i do have the apple care paperwork from that...will that do...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.