Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
There are a couple things going on best I can tell. There is a message about it being "corrupt" and the help text basically says that, for example, scripts that modify themselves can trigger this. So I opened the .app's contents and was able to run one of the executables, (ultranfan1 i think, Im not in from of my mac now) and it opened a termnial window and said some things about not being able to adjust the fan speeds in the open terminal window. That may have been a permissions thing as I don't remember if it asked me to put my password in when running it manually that way.

Have you managed to set GateKeeper correctly for UltraFan to work?
UltraFan doesn't modify anything for that matter.

The problem I am having in 8.2 is the same as the other posters, I can run it after each reboot but it never saves the settings in any way that will allow it to be added to login items.

So your problem is that it won't allow you to open at login?
If that's the case, you have to activate UltraFan (i.e. set a target temperature), and with the option "open at login" selected quit the application. That's the way it works.

I can get the exact text this evening and reply here as well for the mountain lion issues, but that was it to the best of my memory.

If you can, report everything. I haven't experienced that so far, so any hint would be useful.

UF is a great little app. I have been using the Beta and it's working well for me. When can we expect the next iteration, I wonder? A new Beta or an RC would be nice. ;)

A new Beta is in the works right now. I'm sorting out some errors some users might experience in certain situations, and I have yet to think about it launching without asking for a password. Glad the current Beta is working well! :)

Nrkid9

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Southern California
I'm getting this error..

Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 12.34.23 PM.png

I'm on 10.7 macbook pro 2012 model

michael_aos

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
Great idea. I've wanted something very similar for quite a while.

I arbitrarily decided I didn't want the Northbridge temperature in my Mac Pro 1,1 to exceed 150 degrees.

I've been using smcFanControl to increase the CPU Fan RPM when I happen to notice the Northbridge is hotter than I'd like.

I tend to keep the CPU Fan around 800rpm, depending on the weather and what I'm doing.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Here is Beta 2, revision 9.
It includes fixes and a slightly better core. I have included an option useful to report any issue you might encounter.

Here is how it works:

Check the box in the main window, and set a target temperature. This starts an automatic log of what UltraFan does (temperature retrieved, fans speed regulations).

slqhi0.jpg

Make sure your issue happens when the recording is on.
After that (record short sessions if possible), open up the main window and just hit "Cancel": a window will ask for more information (provide as much as you can), and then a log file will appear on your desktop.
Of course you can upload the debug file (called "UltraFan.log") with the forums as attachment, or using any website you like. Make sure to PM me or post here.

Notice that the checkbox is off by default, and that this Beta will not work with 10.5 (although I can compile it for 10.5 if some users would like to try it out).

I'm getting this error..

I'm on 10.7 macbook pro 2012 model

This new beta checks for every known temperature sensor now, so there shouldn't be problems. Thanks for the feedback.

Notice: if the app crashes, feel free to post in the thread. To fix issues, I need to focus them, so be sure to post your computer/operating system/version of UltraFan.

Suggestion: has the app crashed? Just to be 100% sure that UltraFan isn't managing the fans from the dead, open again UltraFan, set a target temperature and "cancel" it.

Last edited:

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Login without password

Is there an option on Ultrafan that disables the asking for password every time after rebooting.? I read on one of the threads that there will be an update for this in one of the revisions.? Am I missing something ?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Is there an option on Ultrafan that disables the asking for password every time after rebooting.? I read on one of the threads that there will be an update for this in one of the revisions.? Am I missing something ?

There isn't such an option right now.
The reason I'm still thinking about it, is that I want the user to know what has privileges in execution. I consider it a "feature", in that it notifies you UltraFan is being executed and will apply the target temperature, if the user checked Open at login.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Summary: Your application nearly killed my processor.

First of all, I would like to thank the OP for making such wonderful App that could have been helpful.

Secondly, it doesn't work. I'm on the 2012 MacBook Air, and even if it has reached the temp of 60+ degrees and I set it to have a target of 35, the fans won't blow. After quitting the application, the fans blew.

It works sometimes, but not all the times. 80% of the time, it won't work. There was even a time when I was rendering footages from FCP X and it went to 100 degrees above. I was nervous, force quitted every app, placed this little guy in front of the Air Conditioner. Fans didn't blow. Turns out that if I quit the thing, the fans will blow.

It could have killed my processor if I didn't noticed that it was overheating. I can't use it until you fix the problem. Please fix that issue.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006

First of all, I would like to thank the OP for making such wonderful App that could have been helpful.

Secondly, it doesn't work. I'm on the 2012 MacBook Air, and even if it has reached the temp of 60+ degrees and I set it to have a target of 35, the fans won't blow. After quitting the application, the fans blew.

It works sometimes, but not all the times. 80% of the time, it won't work. There was even a time when I was rendering footages from FCP X and it went to 100 degrees above. I was nervous, force quitted every app, placed this little guy in front of the Air Conditioner. Fans didn't blow. Turns out that if I quit the thing, the fans will blow.

It could have killed my processor if I didn't noticed that it was overheating. I can't use it until you fix the problem. Please fix that issue.

And thats why you shouldn't use programs like this. Every mac is perfectly capable of keeping itself safe and quiet without any intervention whatsoever.

Sol HD

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
I just installed the Ultrafan app on my new rMBP running 10.8 and it keeps crashing, also when it does run, it only modifies the right fan only, meaning sometimes the right fan would run @ 5,500rpm and the left one would run @ 2,032rpm so that doesnt seem right.
I really hope someone can fix it, I'm in great need for a fan app that works on the rMBP, I much rather run the fans hard instead my computer running hot when its plugged in to the power adapter.

:)

Queen6

macrumors G4
And thats why you shouldn't use programs like this. Every mac is perfectly capable of keeping itself safe and quiet without any intervention whatsoever.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that; some systems do benefit from additional cooling by spooling up the fans sooner, my own Early 2008 15" MBP 2.4 Penryn, not only do these models get very hot with moderate to high usage, they also have issue with the Nvida GPU packaging material which is prone to prematurely fail, high thermal stresses and cycling only exacerbate this problem.

I have used SMV Fan Control and now UltraFan (8.2) to keep the GPU below 70C as much as possible. My 08 machine is still on it`s original Logic Board and shows no indication of any graphic anomalies. This machine has been literally run non stop since I bought is in 2008, only being shutdown a handful of times, it conservatively has been up for well over 30k hours, and i do believe that by manually managing the system temperature has gone a long way to ensure it`s longevity.

For the newer systems I do tend to believe that there is less & less need for any manual intervention and by the looks of it greater complexity may be required to gain such control, i too have issue with the lasted version only ramping up one fan on the 08 machine, i have never had much luck with the Late 2011 MBP and so far i have not tried UltraFan on the 2012 Retina, 8.2 works great on my Late 2011 Air.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009

I haven't tested extensively UltraFan on newer hardware, but have never experienced that kind of problem. Revision 8.2 (now 9 beta 2) works flawlessly in my computers. If there was such an obvious issue, I'd have fixed it already.

Intel processors won't die from overheating, as computers nowadays are designed to shut down automatically when significant thresholds are reached.

Unfortunately, I can't retrieve any information from your post. I'd need the version, at least. If you can, run revision 9 beta 2, and save a debug log if necessary.

You're entitled to have an opinion on whatever you want. You're entitled to avoid posting useless posts, too. ;)

I just installed the Ultrafan app on my new rMBP running 10.8 and it keeps crashing, also when it does run, it only modifies the right fan only, meaning sometimes the right fan would run @ 5,500rpm and the left one would run @ 2,032rpm so that doesnt seem right.
I really hope someone can fix it, I'm in great need for a fan app that works on the rMBP, I much rather run the fans hard instead my computer running hot when its plugged in to the power adapter.

:)

Are you using revision 8.2?
That problem with a fan not running properly should (but not really sure, as it could be linked to changes in the SMC with ML) be fixed with the latest beta. If you can, run it, and eventually, save a debug log.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
I haven't tested extensively UltraFan on newer hardware, but have never experienced that kind of problem. Revision 8.2 (now 9 beta 2) works flawlessly in my computers. If there was such an obvious issue, I'd have fixed it already.

Intel processors won't die from overheating, as computers nowadays are designed to shut down automatically when significant thresholds are reached.

Unfortunately, I can't retrieve any information from your post. I'd need the version, at least. If you can, run revision 9 beta 2, and save a debug log if necessary.

I think I was using Revision 8. It had no Fahrenheit, just Celsius. It was also displaying a green number on the menu bar whenever I set the target temperature. It looks pretty much like the picture you uploaded.

I tested Revision 9 beta 2, it crashes all the time. I leave it for 5 minutes, then check on it, it's missing. It's no longer in the menu bar.

I checked the box to make it save logs on the desktop. I see no logs in there.

Last edited:

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
I think I was using Revision 8. It had no Fahrenheit, just Celsius. It was also displaying a green number on the menu bar whenever I set the target temperature. It looks pretty much like the picture you uploaded.

I tested Revision 9 beta 2, it crashes all the time. I leave it for 5 minutes, then check on it, it's missing. It's no longer in the menu bar.

I checked the box to make it save logs on the desktop. I see no logs in there.

If you saw the green target you were on 8.2.
What you mean by crash? Does UltraFan report an error, or just crashes leaving a crash report via OS X? I'd need everything you can find. In Console you'll find system.log, in which there should be something about it.

As for the log, have you followed my "tutorial"? Have you clicked cancel on the main window?

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
If you saw the green target you were on 8.2.
What you mean by crash? Does UltraFan report an error, or just crashes leaving a crash report via OS X? I'd need everything you can find. In Console you'll find system.log, in which there should be something about it.

As for the log, have you followed my "tutorial"? Have you clicked cancel on the main window?

No, it does not report an error, it just disappears. It reapears when I open the application. I I have not followed your tutorial and I didn't click cancel on the main window, just the red circle on the upper left. Sometimes, CMD + W.

You should really try to replace the other button with "save and exit window". And the other with "reset".

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
No, it does not report an error, it just disappears. It reapears when I open the application. I I have not followed your tutorial and I didn't click cancel on the main window, just the red circle on the upper left. Sometimes, CMD + W.

You should really try to replace the other button with "save and exit window". And the other with "reset".

In order to have the debug log on your desktop you need to follow my tutorial. Otherwise nothing will be saved.

Have you had a look in Console, in system.log? There should be somethig in there.

As for the buttons, can you clarify? When you quit the app, or click "cancel", everything gets back to standard OS X managed fans system. I can certainly change what's written in the button, if that's what you mean.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
In order to have the debug log on your desktop you need to follow my tutorial. Otherwise nothing will be saved.

Have you had a look in Console, in system.log? There should be somethig in there.

As for the buttons, can you clarify? When you quit the app, or click "cancel", everything gets back to standard OS X managed fans system. I can certainly change what's written in the button, if that's what you mean.

For the buttons, the "Set" button is exactly like "Save and exit window", but the "cancel" button could be confusing. If the user already made a setting (For example, he sets it at 45 degrees) then the user changed it to 35, but decides that he didn't want to change it, he could press the "Cancel" button thinking that it would discard the changes. So, some users would expect UltraFan to still manage the temperature at 45 degrees, not realizing that the cancel button actually returns the management of the fans to OS X.

For the console, here's what it said:

Code:
Aug 11 17:51:18 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Aug 11 17:51:18 Sams-MacBook-Air.local mDNSResponder[50]: ERROR: mDNSPlatformWriteTCP - send Broken pipe
Aug 11 17:51:18 Sams-MacBook-Air.local mDNSResponder[50]: tcpConnectionCallback: error writing
Aug 11 17:51:18 Sams-MacBook-Air.local mDNSResponder[50]: ERROR: mDNSPlatformWriteTCP - send Broken pipe
Aug 11 17:51:18 Sams-MacBook-Air.local mDNSResponder[50]: tcpConnectionCallback: error writing
Aug 11 17:51:59 Sams-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[70]: Created shield window 0x16d2 for display 0x04273c80
Aug 11 17:51:59 Sams-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[70]: device_generate_desktop_screenshot: authw 0x0(0), shield 0x0(0)
Aug 11 17:51:59 Sams-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[70]: device_generate_lock_screen_screenshot: authw 0x0(0), shield 0x0(0)
Aug 11 17:52:39 Sams-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[70]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
Aug 11 17:52:47 Sams-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: wlEvent: en0 en0 Link DOWN virtIf = 0
Aug 11 17:52:54 Sams-MacBook-Air.local assistantd[1946]: <Error>: AceConnection - NSStreamEventErrorOccurred <__NSCFOutputStream: 0x7fc751a097a0>, error = Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 2.)" UserInfo=0x7fc751a0d030 {kCFGetAddrInfoFailureKey=8}, domain = kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork, code = 2
Aug 11 17:52:54 Sams-MacBook-Air.local assistantd[1946]: <Error>: Session - Connection error: <ADAceConnection: 0x7fc7518141f0> Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 2.)" UserInfo=0x7fc750c48fb0 {kCFGetAddrInfoFailureKey=8}
Aug 11 17:52:54 Sams-MacBook-Air.local assistantd[1946]: <Error>: Daemon - Session Error Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 2.)" UserInfo=0x7fc750c48fb0 {kCFGetAddrInfoFailureKey=8}
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[70]: CGXGetWindowInfo: Invalid window 5868
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSBindWindow: Unable to obtain window information
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16ec
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5867
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16eb
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5866
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16ea
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5865
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e9
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5864
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e8
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5863
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e7
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5862
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e6
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5861
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e5
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: find_shared_window: WID 5860
Aug 11 17:53:17 Sams-MacBook-Air.local Dock[140]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0x16e4
Aug 11 17:53:26 Sams-MacBook-Air.local iTunes[1949]:  AVF KeyExchange Version from driver for Certificates 1
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: DebugSymbols was unable to start a spotlight query: spotlight is not responding or disabled.
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: failed looking up LS service ( scCreateSystemService returned MACH_PORT_NULL, called from SetupCoreApplicationServicesCommunicationPort, so using client-side NULL calls.
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: LaunchServices/5123589: Unable to lookup coreservices session port for session 0x186a0 uid=0 euid=0
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: failed looking up LS service ( scCreateSystemService returned MACH_PORT_NULL, called from SetupCoreApplicationServicesCommunicationPort, so using client-side NULL calls.
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: LaunchServices/5123589: Unable to lookup coreservices session port for session 0x186a0 uid=0 euid=0
Aug 11 17:54:13 Sams-MacBook-Air.local ReportCrash[1955]: Saved crash report for UltraFan1[1910] version ??? to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/UltraFan1_2012-08-11-175413_Sams-MacBook-Air.crash

I'm not sure if all of those are related to the crashing of the "UltraFan" application, but the last part seems to say something about the crashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
I went to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/UltraFan1_2012-08-11-175413_Sams-MacBook-Air.crash and here's what the file contains:

Code:
 Process:         UltraFan1 [1910]
Path:            /Users/*/Downloads/*/UltraFan.app/Contents/MacOS/UltraFan1
Identifier:      UltraFan1
Version:         ???
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [1]
User ID:         0

Date/Time:       2012-08-11 17:54:13.154 +0800
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8 (12A269)
Report Version:  10

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.apple.ColorSync           	0x00007fff8b8b8a8d DoApplyTransform + 561
1   com.apple.ColorSync           	0x00007fff8b8ba248 AppleCMMApplyTransform + 325
2   com.apple.ColorSync           	0x00007fff8b8f30fb ColorSyncCMMApplyTransform + 120
3   com.apple.ColorSync           	0x00007fff8b8a7b36 ColorSyncTransformConvert + 224
4   libCSync.A.dylib              	0x00007fff849b7fd5 ConvertImageGeneric + 699
5   libCSync.A.dylib              	0x00007fff849b7d18 CMSColorWorldConvertData + 22
6   libCSync.A.dylib              	0x00007fff849b6e5b CMSTransformConvertComponents + 367
7   com.apple.CoreGraphics        	0x00007fff84b9a018 CGCMSInterfaceTransformConvertColorComponents + 36
8   com.apple.CoreGraphics        	0x00007fff84b99504 CGColorTransformConvertColorComponents + 255
9   com.apple.CoreGraphics        	0x00007fff84b993b8 CGColorTransformConvertColorFloatComponents1 + 164
10  com.apple.CoreGraphics        	0x00007fff84b992fd CGColorTransformConvertColorFloatComponents + 124
11  libRIP.A.dylib                	0x00007fff8ed9048f ripc_GetColor + 348
12  libRIP.A.dylib                	0x00007fff8ed90014 ripc_Render + 189
13  libRIP.A.dylib                	0x00007fff8ed8be3a ripc_DrawRects + 645
14  com.apple.CoreGraphics        	0x00007fff84b96ab0 CGContextFillRects + 104
15  com.apple.coreui              	0x00007fff848f7077 CUIArtFileRenderer::DrawMenuItemSeparator(CUIDescriptor const*) + 815
16  com.apple.coreui              	0x00007fff8490e5c3 CUIArtFileRenderer::Draw(CUIDescriptor const*, CGAffineTransform, CUIReturnInfo&) + 727
17  com.apple.coreui              	0x00007fff848e99e1 CUIRenderer::Draw(CGRect, CGContext*, __CFDictionary const*, __CFDictionary const**) + 3343
18  com.apple.coreui              	0x00007fff84914c4b CUIDraw + 180
19  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1bf263 _HIThemeCUIDraw + 210
20  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b184c71 HIThemeDrawMenuSeparator + 634
21  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b181c5e HIStandardMenuView::DrawItem(unsigned char, CGContext*, unsigned char) + 422
22  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b18186b HIStandardMenuView::DrawSelf(short, __HIShape const*, CGContext*) + 499
23  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1bae7b HIView::DrawCacheOrSelf(short, __HIShape const*, CGContext*) + 411
24  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1babac HIView::SendDraw(short, OpaqueGrafPtr*, __HIShape const*, CGContext*) + 90
25  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1ba5b2 HIView::RecursiveDrawComposited(__HIShape const*, __HIShape const*, unsigned int, HIView*, CGContext*, unsigned char, double) + 702
26  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1ba8e7 HIView::RecursiveDrawComposited(__HIShape const*, __HIShape const*, unsigned int, HIView*, CGContext*, unsigned char, double) + 1523
27  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1ba8e7 HIView::RecursiveDrawComposited(__HIShape const*, __HIShape const*, unsigned int, HIView*, CGContext*, unsigned char, double) + 1523
28  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1b9311 HIView::DrawComposited(short, OpaqueGrafPtr*, __HIShape const*, unsigned int, HIView*, CGContext*) + 541
29  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1b90ed HIView::Render(unsigned int, CGContext*) + 51
30  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b1b8b5c WindowData::PrepareForVisibility() + 122
31  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b180a6b _HIWindowPrepareForVisibility + 27
32  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b17f990 DrawMDEF(MenuSelectData*, CGPoint) + 584
33  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b30618d PopUpMenuSelectCore(MenuData*, Point, double, Point, unsigned short, unsigned int, Rect const*, unsigned short, unsigned int, Rect const*, Rect const*, __CFString const*, OpaqueMenuRef**, unsigned short*) + 1181
34  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff8b305c94 _HandlePopUpMenuSelection7 + 629
35  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d660a5b _NSSLMPopUpCarbonMenu3 + 3916
36  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d9bf02a _NSPopUpCarbonMenu3 + 39
37  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d65fa1c -[NSCarbonMenuImpl popUpMenu:atLocation:width:forView:withSelectedItem:withFont:withFlags:withOptions:] + 346
38  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d889e6f +[NSStatusBarButtonCell popupStatusBarMenu:inRect:ofView:withEvent:] + 708
39  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d8898f4 -[NSStatusBarButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 159
40  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d4ac45c -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 820
41  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d4a3dce -[NSWindow sendEvent:] + 6853
42  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d88a53e -[NSStatusBarWindow sendEvent:] + 67
43  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d49ff04 -[NSApplication sendEvent:] + 5761
44  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d3b5c7a -[NSApplication run] + 636
45  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff8d35a656 NSApplicationMain + 869
46  UltraFan1                     	0x00000001000018cc start + 52

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff8871ad16 kevent + 10
1   libdispatch.dylib             	0x00007fff8f46ae26 _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 883
2   libdispatch.dylib             	0x00007fff8f46aa2a _dispatch_mgr_thread + 54

Thread 2:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff8871a6d6 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff89735f2c _pthread_workq_return + 25
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff89735cf3 _pthread_wqthread + 412
3   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff897201b1 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 3:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff8871a6d6 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff89735f2c _pthread_workq_return + 25
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff89735cf3 _pthread_wqthread + 412
3   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff897201b1 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
  rax: 0x6669640a0a2b2b2b  rbx: 0x0000000101021a20  rcx: 0x0000000000000000  rdx: 0x000000010052f518
  rdi: 0x0000b1000000b100  rsi: 0x000000010052f51c  rbp: 0x00007fff5fbfc4a0  rsp: 0x00007fff5fbfc270
   r8: 0x00007fff5fbfc658   r9: 0x0000000000000007  r10: 0x000000000000000c  r11: 0x00007fff5fbfc378
  r12: 0x00007fff5fbfc298  r13: 0x0000000000000001  r14: 0x000000010052f500  r15: 0x0000000000000001
  rip: 0x00007fff8b8b8a8d  rfl: 0x0000000000010202  cr2: 0x0000000100400018
Logical CPU: 2

Binary Images:
       0x100000000 -        0x100009ff7 +UltraFan1 (???) <BB95097D-2324-F817-659A-6A2A46F28EDC> /Users/*/Downloads/*/UltraFan.app/Contents/MacOS/UltraFan1
    0x7fff6f637000 -     0x7fff6f66b93f  dyld (210.2.3) <A40597AA-5529-3337-8C09-D8A014EB1578> /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff830e6000 -     0x7fff830eafff  libpam.2.dylib (20) <C8F45864-5B58-3237-87E1-2C258A1D73B8> /usr/lib/libpam.2.dylib
    0x7fff830eb000 -     0x7fff830eeff7  libdyld.dylib (210.2.3) <F59367C9-C110-382B-A695-9035A6DD387E> /usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib
    0x7fff831c1000 -     0x7fff831cdff7  com.apple.CrashReporterSupport (10.8 - 411) <FA7EA7CD-103D-30B1-BF2F-862E68A6B5B7> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CrashReporterSupport.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporterSupport
    0x7fff831ce000 -     0x7fff83236ff7  libc++.1.dylib (65.1) <20E31B90-19B9-3C2A-A9EB-474E08F9FE05> /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
    0x7fff83237000 -     0x7fff83261ff7  com.apple.CoreVideo (1.8 - 99.0) <ED17EF3A-2775-3840-BBD1-6513B5B112F2> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
    0x7fff83262000 -     0x7fff83263ff7  libsystem_sandbox.dylib (220) <3C3B03CF-C525-3CB3-8557-62E91B93AC95> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_sandbox.dylib
    0x7fff8429f000 -     0x7fff842c6ff7  com.apple.PerformanceAnalysis (1.16 - 16) <E4888388-F41B-313E-9CBB-5807D077BDA9> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PerformanceAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/PerformanceAnalysis
    0x7fff842c7000 -     0x7fff843e0ff7  com.apple.ImageIO.framework (3.2.0 - 843) <A9AC2A79-331A-3B06-AFE6-7E34EF876221> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
    0x7fff8487a000 -     0x7fff848befff  libcups.2.dylib (327) <9B3F3321-D2BC-3195-BF20-4008FC52A390> /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
    0x7fff848db000 -     0x7fff848e1fff  libGFXShared.dylib (8.5) <34093C75-3ECB-3899-A2C0-A52ECAA7C3FC> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib
    0x7fff848e2000 -     0x7fff849a7fff  com.apple.coreui (2.0 - 181) <CFCB6868-36AC-3734-ACEA-DF9CAB2B84F2> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
    0x7fff849a8000 -     0x7fff849b2fff  com.apple.speech.recognition.framework (4.1.5 - 4.1.5) <D803919C-3102-3515-A178-61E9C86C46A1> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
    0x7fff849b3000 -     0x7fff849bffff  libCSync.A.dylib (322) <C1321292-F5D3-3B8F-8CBB-57AC8E05F90C> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
    0x7fff849d1000 -     0x7fff849d2fff  liblangid.dylib (116) <864C409D-D56B-383E-9B44-A435A47F2346> /usr/lib/liblangid.dylib
    0x7fff849d6000 -     0x7fff84b49ff7  com.apple.CFNetwork (596.0.1 - 596.0.1) <82109BE9-19E2-399B-BACD-23D53814B873> /System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
    0x7fff84b53000 -     0x7fff854e439f  com.apple.CoreGraphics (1.600.0 - 322) <2F5D7032-9A96-36AE-A227-428E95CAE0C5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
    0x7fff854e5000 -     0x7fff854e5fff  com.apple.CoreServices (57 - 57) <9DD44CB0-C644-35C3-8F57-0B41B3EC147D> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
    0x7fff854e6000 -     0x7fff855e3ff7  libxml2.2.dylib (22.3) <47B09CB2-C636-3024-8B55-6040F7829B4C> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
    0x7fff85632000 -     0x7fff85689ff7  com.apple.ScalableUserInterface (1.0 - 1) <F1D43DFB-1796-361B-AD4B-39F1EED3BE19> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ScalableUserInterface.framework/Versions/A/ScalableUserInterface
    0x7fff86237000 -     0x7fff86259ff7  com.apple.Kerberos (2.0 - 1) <C49B8820-34ED-39D7-A407-A3E854153556> /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
    0x7fff8625a000 -     0x7fff86651fff  libLAPACK.dylib (1073.3) <E670020A-6969-3ED7-B80B-285AE1DE5F95> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
    0x7fff86652000 -     0x7fff866d2ff7  com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS (332 - 341) <0CAA1A5C-59DB-3ACE-8478-05D72CBB7C76> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
    0x7fff869a8000 -     0x7fff869aefff  com.apple.DiskArbitration (2.5 - 2.5) <348AC0CC-6BCE-3416-9141-A5C1164EDDFF> /System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
    0x7fff869c0000 -     0x7fff86ab5fff  libiconv.2.dylib (34) <FEE8B996-EB44-37FA-B96E-D379664DEFE1> /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
    0x7fff86b52000 -     0x7fff86b57fff  libcache.dylib (57) <65187C6E-3FBF-3EB8-A1AA-389445E2984D> /usr/lib/system/libcache.dylib
    0x7fff86b58000 -     0x7fff86c09fff  com.apple.LaunchServices (539 - 539) <04FA5C61-6349-3841-9609-B650B6222800> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
    0x7fff86c25000 -     0x7fff86c5bfff  com.apple.DebugSymbols (98 - 98) <14E788B1-4EB2-3FD7-934B-849534DFC198> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DebugSymbols.framework/Versions/A/DebugSymbols
    0x7fff86c5c000 -     0x7fff86ca8ff7  libauto.dylib (185.1) <73CDC482-16E3-3FC7-9BB4-FBA2DA44DBC2> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
    0x7fff86ca9000 -     0x7fff86d2afff  com.apple.Metadata (10.7.0 - 707.1) <ED39A710-1D87-3207-BB7D-4465B2673C1D> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
    0x7fff86d2b000 -     0x7fff86d59fff  com.apple.shortcut (2.2 - 2.2) <C573DB65-37FB-3DDC-AB19-525094346D9B> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Shortcut.framework/Versions/A/Shortcut
    0x7fff86def000 -     0x7fff86e58fff  libstdc++.6.dylib (56) <EAA2B53E-EADE-39CF-A0EF-FB9D4940672A> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
    0x7fff86e59000 -     0x7fff86ee6ff7  com.apple.SearchKit (1.4.0 - 1.4.0) <C7F43889-F8BF-3CB9-AD66-11AEFCBCEDE7> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
    0x7fff86ee7000 -     0x7fff86fe9fff  libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib (47) <74F165AD-4572-3B26-B0E2-A97477FE59D0> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
    0x7fff86fea000 -     0x7fff87018fff  com.apple.CoreServicesInternal (153 - 153) <11507A03-9165-350C-9492-A545EA7331BD> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreServicesInternal.framework/Versions/A/CoreServicesInternal
    0x7fff87019000 -     0x7fff87019fff  com.apple.vecLib (3.8 - vecLib 3.8) <794317C7-4E38-338A-A874-5E18001C8503> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
    0x7fff8701a000 -     0x7fff87048ff7  libsystem_m.dylib (3022.6) <B434BE5C-25AB-3EBD-BAA7-5304B34E3441> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_m.dylib
    0x7fff87056000 -     0x7fff87153fff  libsqlite3.dylib (138) <8D6A6805-1494-30D1-9F2A-F58FA3C0D7EE> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
    0x7fff872bf000 -     0x7fff872ceff7  com.apple.opengl (1.8.5 - 1.8.5) <C554C4DA-517D-3F77-BC7E-DDFD9E01A891> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
    0x7fff8775d000 -     0x7fff8787cfff  com.apple.desktopservices (1.7.0 - 1.7.0) <F84224B1-BA28-31AF-8C89-1C2DBBFE4753> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
    0x7fff8787d000 -     0x7fff8787fff7  libunc.dylib (25) <92805328-CD36-34FF-9436-571AB0485072> /usr/lib/system/libunc.dylib
    0x7fff87880000 -     0x7fff878e8fff  libvDSP.dylib (380.6) <CD4C5EEB-9E63-30C4-8103-7A5EAEA0BE60> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
    0x7fff878e9000 -     0x7fff879ebfff  libJP2.dylib (843) <04915A7F-EE27-3C01-8582-0BD9919558B1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
    0x7fff8868a000 -     0x7fff8868bfff  libsystem_blocks.dylib (59) <D92DCBC3-541C-37BD-AADE-ACC75A0C59C8> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_blocks.dylib
    0x7fff8868c000 -     0x7fff886f9fff  com.apple.datadetectorscore (4.0 - 269.1) <C94C372B-3821-3A46-A8C2-091AB1CFF7F4> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/DataDetectorsCore
    0x7fff886fa000 -     0x7fff88707ff7  com.apple.HelpData (2.1.3 - 84) <BCA6BBB4-623A-33EC-B84E-0778917B8D88> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HelpData.framework/Versions/A/HelpData
    0x7fff88708000 -     0x7fff88723ff7  libsystem_kernel.dylib (2050.7.9) <E0447BF5-E104-35B0-B28B-4156887D58F1> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
    0x7fff88724000 -     0x7fff88729fff  libcompiler_rt.dylib (30) <08F8731D-5961-39F1-AD00-4590321D24A9> /usr/lib/system/libcompiler_rt.dylib
    0x7fff887c7000 -     0x7fff887cbfff  libCoreVMClient.dylib (24.4) <55F71158-ADEE-3863-92E9-4772DCEA8E31>

To be continued...

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Here's the continuation for the crash log:

Code:
 /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib
    0x7fff887d4000 -     0x7fff88829ff7  libTIFF.dylib (843) <4EB491F3-8DA4-3E4F-AE83-E207720F38B3> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
    0x7fff8886f000 -     0x7fff8887cfff  com.apple.AppleFSCompression (49 - 1.0) <5508344A-2A7E-3122-9562-6F363910A80E> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleFSCompression.framework/Versions/A/AppleFSCompression
    0x7fff888b7000 -     0x7fff88a52fef  com.apple.vImage (6.0 - 6.0) <FAE13169-295A-33A5-8E6B-7C2CC1407FA7> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
    0x7fff88a53000 -     0x7fff88a72ff7  libresolv.9.dylib (51) <0882DC2D-A892-31FF-AD8C-0BB518C48B23> /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
    0x7fff88a91000 -     0x7fff88ab9fff  libJPEG.dylib (843) <377EC31E-1831-32E2-AEEB-C375E0A80335> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
    0x7fff88ac9000 -     0x7fff88ee5fff  FaceCoreLight (2.0.1) <BEDAFBE8-CC12-343D-85D5-29B694DC97F6> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FaceCoreLight.framework/Versions/A/FaceCoreLight
    0x7fff88f57000 -     0x7fff88f6aff7  com.apple.LangAnalysis (1.7.0 - 1.7.0) <2F2694E9-A7BC-33C7-B4CF-8EC907DF0FEB> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
    0x7fff88fe7000 -     0x7fff89021fff  com.apple.GSS (3.0 - 2.0) <0BDF8090-5EF4-3759-94DE-8521D74188AA> /System/Library/Frameworks/GSS.framework/Versions/A/GSS
    0x7fff8914f000 -     0x7fff89166fff  com.apple.CFOpenDirectory (10.8 - 151.10) <FFBBA538-00B5-334E-BA5B-C8AD6CDCDA14> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory
    0x7fff8916a000 -     0x7fff891b4ff7  libGLU.dylib (8.5) <47CB8E1C-F98F-352E-B235-DE9EA7A3454F> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
    0x7fff891b5000 -     0x7fff89204ff7  libFontRegistry.dylib (100) <2E03D7DA-9B8F-31BB-8FB5-3D3B6272127F> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontRegistry.dylib
    0x7fff89367000 -     0x7fff893c1fff  com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore (8.0 - 387) <3CA8A004-8F93-3936-9F9E-7030BD474D2B> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
    0x7fff893c2000 -     0x7fff8971eff7  com.apple.Foundation (6.8 - 945) <0C972F73-0C07-3384-98F2-B176E0289494> /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
    0x7fff8971f000 -     0x7fff897ebfef  libsystem_c.dylib (825.24) <16B6B86C-53EE-36E8-AC2B-4AADC1008098> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib
    0x7fff897ec000 -     0x7fff89886fff  libvMisc.dylib (380.6) <714336EA-1C0E-3735-B31C-19DFDAAF6221> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
    0x7fff89887000 -     0x7fff89895ff7  libsystem_network.dylib (77.10) <0D99F24E-56FE-380F-B81B-4A4C630EE587> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_network.dylib
    0x7fff89896000 -     0x7fff89970fff  com.apple.backup.framework (1.4 - 1.4) <00964E68-4A36-3F9F-B0A5-B782575C64DE> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Backup.framework/Versions/A/Backup
    0x7fff89971000 -     0x7fff89a0bfff  com.apple.CoreSymbolication (3.0 - 87) <75F2C0DD-549A-36F6-BD9E-FB40A924344F> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSymbolication.framework/Versions/A/CoreSymbolication
    0x7fff89a3a000 -     0x7fff89a77fe7  libGLImage.dylib (8.5) <9583CF74-F84A-33C7-B06A-3A72F090E544> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
    0x7fff89a78000 -     0x7fff89b1efff  com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices (557 - 557) <F5955FD8-E6E1-359F-9D9D-381E55E3EF37> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
    0x7fff89b1f000 -     0x7fff89b2dff7  com.apple.Librarian (1.1 - 1) <B0248F96-6BC9-3F63-8557-65DF1606039C> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Librarian.framework/Versions/A/Librarian
    0x7fff89b2e000 -     0x7fff89d17fff  com.apple.CoreFoundation (6.8 - 744) <47AEA7C7-EF9B-3FC6-AEBF-CE02FC650301> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
    0x7fff89d18000 -     0x7fff89d18fff  libkeymgr.dylib (25) <CC9E3394-BE16-397F-926B-E579B60EE429> /usr/lib/system/libkeymgr.dylib
    0x7fff8a19d000 -     0x7fff8a19dfff  com.apple.Accelerate (1.8 - Accelerate 1.8) <6AD48543-0864-3D40-80CE-01F184F24B45> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate
    0x7fff8a19e000 -     0x7fff8a1edff7  libcorecrypto.dylib (106) <57BC99C6-3C3F-344C-BDD6-25E845D956F2> /usr/lib/system/libcorecrypto.dylib
    0x7fff8a1ee000 -     0x7fff8a1effff  libDiagnosticMessagesClient.dylib (7) <56A70657-E8C2-3804-AB87-77DC100512A4> /usr/lib/libDiagnosticMessagesClient.dylib
    0x7fff8a1f0000 -     0x7fff8a232fff  com.apple.RemoteViewServices (2.0 - 80.3) <E0224421-A421-3DB6-99AF-B249684FD13A> 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/RemoteViewServices.framework/Versions/A/RemoteViewServices
    0x7fff8a28a000 -     0x7fff8a2e0fff  com.apple.HIServices (1.20 - 416) <E7DC75C4-A3E0-3D6B-B961-C9849442BCA6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
    0x7fff8a506000 -     0x7fff8a55cff7  com.apple.opencl (2.1.17 - 2.1.17) <CA9E8BED-17C9-393B-A53E-8EAA8BF01C47> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL
    0x7fff8a6ea000 -     0x7fff8a701fff  com.apple.GenerationalStorage (1.1 - 132.1) <EAB41613-0145-3CE5-AA60-A8A791A3EE22> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GenerationalStorage.framework/Versions/A/GenerationalStorage
    0x7fff8a726000 -     0x7fff8a728fff  com.apple.TrustEvaluationAgent (2.0 - 23) <A97D348B-32BF-3E52-8DF2-59BFAD21E1A3> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TrustEvaluationAgent.framework/Versions/A/TrustEvaluationAgent
    0x7fff8aa1c000 -     0x7fff8aa52fff  libsystem_info.dylib (406.17) <4FFCA242-7F04-365F-87A6-D4EFB89503C1> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_info.dylib
    0x7fff8aa53000 -     0x7fff8aa53ffd  com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit (1.8 - 1.8) <ECC4891A-9BA8-3C13-9A2B-6116521B7B46> /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
    0x7fff8aa54000 -     0x7fff8aa7ffff  libxslt.1.dylib (11.3) <441776B8-9130-3893-956F-39C85FFA644F> /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
    0x7fff8acd6000 -     0x7fff8ad0efff  libtidy.A.dylib (15.10) <9009156B-84F5-3781-BFCB-B409B538CD18> /usr/lib/libtidy.A.dylib
    0x7fff8ad0f000 -     0x7fff8ad17ff7  libsystem_dnssd.dylib (379.27) <057906EA-206E-3C35-B43F-5D936FD0A84F> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_dnssd.dylib
    0x7fff8ad44000 -     0x7fff8af62fff  com.apple.CoreData (106 - 407.5) <45EF39FE-7FD6-366E-BB5C-3E86E0B7DA3C> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
    0x7fff8af63000 -     0x7fff8af65fff  libCVMSPluginSupport.dylib (8.5) <437A72B8-1FA6-346C-8949-D63164A062F7> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCVMSPluginSupport.dylib
    0x7fff8af66000 -     0x7fff8b166fff  libicucore.A.dylib (491.11.1) <17E8B610-6B16-3F91-B49C-7CAE0D08E9CF> /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
    0x7fff8b167000 -     0x7fff8b496ff7  com.apple.HIToolbox (2.0 - 624) <49C4A53E-9239-3B9A-95DC-8C7B398E491D> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
    0x7fff8b497000 -     0x7fff8b515ff7  com.apple.securityfoundation (6.0 - 55115.4) <C5461971-E455-31A6-99B8-AF80C4BC26DD> /System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
    0x7fff8b516000 -     0x7fff8b517ff7  libremovefile.dylib (23.1) <DBBFAF35-AC78-3856-92F6-6E4FD9DF14A2> /usr/lib/system/libremovefile.dylib
    0x7fff8b518000 -     0x7fff8b523ff7  com.apple.bsd.ServiceManagement (2.0 - 2.0) <7A5F12E8-C1C2-39C7-8599-2362EAAB9F03> /System/Library/Frameworks/ServiceManagement.framework/Versions/A/ServiceManagement
    0x7fff8b56d000 -     0x7fff8b56ffff  libquarantine.dylib (52) <4BE2E642-A14F-340A-B482-5BD2AEFD9C24> /usr/lib/system/libquarantine.dylib
    0x7fff8b89f000 -     0x7fff8b95cff7  com.apple.ColorSync (4.8.0 - 4.8.0) <6CE333AE-EDDB-3768-9598-9DB38041DC55> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
    0x7fff8b95d000 -     0x7fff8b96bfff  libcommonCrypto.dylib (60026) <2D6537F5-1B5E-305C-A1CF-D1FA80CA3939> /usr/lib/system/libcommonCrypto.dylib
    0x7fff8b96c000 -     0x7fff8b972ff7  libunwind.dylib (35.1) <21703D36-2DAB-3D8B-8442-EAAB23C060D3> /usr/lib/system/libunwind.dylib
    0x7fff8c3c2000 -     0x7fff8c570fff  com.apple.QuartzCore (1.8 - 304.0) <BDC66714-F60C-386D-A773-F897D1E87AB6> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
    0x7fff8c571000 -     0x7fff8c580ff7  libxar.1.dylib (105) <370ED355-E516-311E-BAFD-D80633A84BE1> /usr/lib/libxar.1.dylib
    0x7fff8c75b000 -     0x7fff8c7b8fff  com.apple.audio.CoreAudio (4.1.0 - 4.1.0) <B3198BD6-EA1D-3E5E-ADD4-37D8E6B72678> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
    0x7fff8c7be000 -     0x7fff8c7d2fff  com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework (4.1.10 - 4.1.10) <21086D96-F997-38D3-BB59-8600CCC3A36F> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
    0x7fff8c7d3000 -     0x7fff8c7dafff  libcopyfile.dylib (89) <876573D0-E907-3566-A108-577EAD1B6182> /usr/lib/system/libcopyfile.dylib
    0x7fff8c8ad000 -     0x7fff8c8ceff7  libCRFSuite.dylib (33) <736ABE58-8DED-3289-A042-C25AF7AE5B23> /usr/lib/libCRFSuite.dylib
    0x7fff8ca71000 -     0x7fff8ca7cfff  libsystem_notify.dylib (98.5) <C49275CC-835A-3207-AFBA-8C01374927B6> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_notify.dylib
    0x7fff8cf67000 -     0x7fff8cf7aff7  libbsm.0.dylib (32) <F497D3CE-40D9-3551-84B4-3D5E39600737> /usr/lib/libbsm.0.dylib
    0x7fff8cf7b000 -     0x7fff8cf7ffff  libGIF.dylib (843) <21324AF8-AFDA-3149-B547-C5109C1FBECF> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
    0x7fff8cf84000 -     0x7fff8cfa8ff7  libc++abi.dylib (24.2) <340E7C7B-DC93-3AA2-B015-B1C9541EC255> /usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib
    0x7fff8d21e000 -     0x7fff8d244fff  com.apple.framework.familycontrols (4.0 - 400) <B296674D-6D0B-323D-84C0-1D356F6F3BFA> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FamilyControls.framework/Versions/A/FamilyControls
    0x7fff8d245000 -     0x7fff8d257ff7  libz.1.dylib (43) <2A1551E8-A272-3DE5-B692-955974FE1416> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
    0x7fff8d258000 -     0x7fff8d260fff  liblaunch.dylib (442.21) <224CB010-6CF8-3FC2-885C-6F80330321EB> /usr/lib/system/liblaunch.dylib
    0x7fff8d261000 -     0x7fff8d267fff  libmacho.dylib (829) <BF332AD9-E89F-387E-92A4-6E1AB74BD4D9> /usr/lib/system/libmacho.dylib
    0x7fff8d268000 -     0x7fff8de92fff  com.apple.AppKit (6.8 - 1187) <C9309F5C-9441-3E5B-A120-B03FEDDA63F9> /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
    0x7fff8de93000 -     0x7fff8deb2fff  com.apple.ChunkingLibrary (2.0 - 132) <F5051C19-6C4E-3E65-9BEC-B0A4BA82457A> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChunkingLibrary.framework/Versions/A/ChunkingLibrary
    0x7fff8debf000 -     0x7fff8debffff  libOpenScriptingUtil.dylib (148) <4DB14EC4-422C-3AE8-83BF-354FEC197FD3> /usr/lib/libOpenScriptingUtil.dylib
    0x7fff8def8000 -     0x7fff8e188fff  com.apple.CoreImage (8.0.17 - 1.0.1) <FFD6159F-DF31-3EFC-9C59-7FC4F4219D43> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/Versions/A/CoreImage
    0x7fff8e1d2000 -     0x7fff8e1f4ff7  libxpc.dylib (140.37) <C552985C-2171-3136-A1B9-3AB21CBF7C4A> /usr/lib/system/libxpc.dylib
    0x7fff8e1f5000 -     0x7fff8e1f8fff  com.apple.TCC (1.0 - 1) <DE7ECAC3-BD08-323A-9C12-EE4A49B72871> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TCC.framework/Versions/A/TCC
    0x7fff8e204000 -     0x7fff8e204fff  com.apple.Cocoa (6.7 - 19) <1F77945C-F37A-3171-B22E-F7AB0FCBB4D4> /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
    0x7fff8e304000 -     0x7fff8e30bfff  com.apple.NetFS (5.0 - 4.0) <82E24B9A-7742-3DA3-9E99-ED267D98C05E> /System/Library/Frameworks/NetFS.framework/Versions/A/NetFS
    0x7fff8e30c000 -     0x7fff8e30dff7  libSystem.B.dylib (169.3) <365477AB-D641-389D-B8F4-A1FAE9657EEE> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
    0x7fff8e30e000 -     0x7fff8e34dff7  com.apple.QD (3.42 - 285) <8DF36FCA-C06B-30F4-A631-7BE2FF7E56D1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
    0x7fff8e3ec000 -     0x7fff8e43dfff  com.apple.SystemConfiguration (1.12 - 1.12) <7A8300B5-F5B3-39F0-A4B2-4C0C293FA29F> /System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
    0x7fff8e69a000 -     0x7fff8e69efff  libCGXType.A.dylib (322) <0FA2272E-7733-36EA-9B9B-9279169D5919> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGXType.A.dylib
    0x7fff8e69f000 -     0x7fff8e6b5fff  com.apple.MultitouchSupport.framework (235.27 - 235.27) <78E356A6-78E8-3CAB-8982-7A4958C7A955> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/A/MultitouchSupport
    0x7fff8e8fd000 -     0x7fff8e902fff  com.apple.OpenDirectory (10.8 - 151.10) <CF44120B-9B01-32DD-852E-C9C0E1243FC0> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory
    0x7fff8e95e000 -     0x7fff8e967fff  com.apple.CommerceCore (1.0 - 26) <997CD214-BC78-3C61-A1B8-813EA1CB9997> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore
    0x7fff8e96a000 -     0x7fff8ec37ff7  com.apple.security (7.0 - 55163.44) <E62305A2-958D-3EBC-B7E5-9A151D3E1777> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
    0x7fff8ec38000 -     0x7fff8ed88fff  com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox (1.8 - 1.8) <8019964B-4FFB-3328-A425-B1A702177A25> /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
    0x7fff8ed89000 -     0x7fff8edb5ff7  libRIP.A.dylib (322) <36880C8B-7FC0-3689-91FF-A0E8F4F57FE4> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
    0x7fff8edb6000 -     0x7fff8edb9fff  libRadiance.dylib (843) <61405840-A8B0-368E-B39A-704B5A04FDA5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
    0x7fff8edba000 -     0x7fff8eed2a27  libobjc.A.dylib (532) <9FA80CDA-97F4-3801-8879-0C1B976BC5CA> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
    0x7fff8eed3000 -     0x7fff8ef55fff  com.apple.Heimdal (3.0 - 2.0) <660A6C64-4912-32C8-A332-B64164032A2D> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Heimdal.framework/Versions/A/Heimdal
    0x7fff8ef56000 -     0x7fff8ef56fff  com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib (3.8 - vecLib 3.8) <B5A18EE8-DF81-38DD-ACAF-7076B2A26225> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
    0x7fff8ef9c000 -     0x7fff8ef9dff7  libdnsinfo.dylib (453.16) <38A3E0F4-E34C-3D45-A2C9-4CDE2DF007BD> /usr/lib/system/libdnsinfo.dylib
    0x7fff8ef9e000 -     0x7fff8efacff7  libkxld.dylib (2050.7.9) <8194156D-8B7D-3881-AF62-BCBE3306EE49> /usr/lib/system/libkxld.dylib
    0x7fff8f041000 -     0x7fff8f084ff7  com.apple.bom (12.0 - 192) <0BF1F2D2-3648-36B7-BE4B-551A0173209B> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Bom.framework/Versions/A/Bom
    0x7fff8f2bd000 -     0x7fff8f2c8fff  com.apple.CommonAuth (3.0 - 2.0) <74A86DDD-57D0-3178-AB74-E1F31DBFFC39> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommonAuth.framework/Versions/A/CommonAuth
    0x7fff8f2c9000 -     0x7fff8f39aff7  com.apple.CoreText (260.0 - 275.14) <98A59BFB-9AC0-3EAB-B5A4-26C2F965A65D> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
    0x7fff8f466000 -     0x7fff8f47bff7  libdispatch.dylib (228.18) <0B6B6E7F-4D8A-3F3B-A4BF-6CF34638DBBB> /usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib
    0x7fff8f4d4000 -     0x7fff8f4f4fff  libPng.dylib (843) <8F83F355-CA33-3D15-8178-54A135BA23BA> /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
    0x7fff8f4f5000 -     0x7fff8f502fff  libbz2.1.0.dylib (29) <CE9785E8-B535-3504-B392-82F0064D9AF2> /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib
    0x7fff8f505000 -     0x7fff8f572ff7  com.apple.framework.IOKit (2.0 - 755.9.7) <9B7C5E7A-3F7A-3E70-8179-4384992B84E0> /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
    0x7fff8f573000 -     0x7fff8f594fff  com.apple.Ubiquity (1.2 - 234.2) <AC544B6F-0879-39A3-90A3-8BC8C29CBAD5> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Ubiquity.framework/Versions/A/Ubiquity
    0x7fff8f661000 -     0x7fff8f6beff7  com.apple.AE (645 - 645) <9C3E54BA-EE6B-3F02-8775-9C4AF40F40CD> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
    0x7fff8f71c000 -     0x7fff8f71cfff  com.apple.ApplicationServices (45 - 45) <A3ABF20B-ED3A-32B5-830E-B37831A45A80> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
    0x7fff8f71d000 -     0x7fff8f72aff7  com.apple.NetAuth (4.0 - 4.0) <F5BC7D7D-AF28-3C83-A674-DADA48FF7810> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NetAuth.framework/Versions/A/NetAuth
    0x7fff8f787000 -     0x7fff8f7b8fff  com.apple.DictionaryServices (1.2 - 184) <B37F9A90-8954-3DEC-A216-8ABB15C615A1> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
    0x7fff8f7b9000 -     0x7fff8f8c4fff  libFontParser.dylib (84.5) <617A7D30-C7BC-39FC-A1FE-59367B4A5719> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontParser.dylib
    0x7fff8f922000 -     0x7fff8f926fff  com.apple.IOSurface (86.0.2 - 86.0.2) <739A481A-DF06-39EB-B784-D03BA1CBD762> /System/Library/Frameworks/IOSurface.framework/Versions/A/IOSurface
    0x7fff8f927000 -     0x7fff8faadfff  libBLAS.dylib (1073.3) <6B71AB8C-3D9A-33C2-9EAF-2A0BA504D493> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
    0x7fff8faae000 -     0x7fff8fdc5ff7  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore (1037 - 1037) <5127E2AB-AE98-3393-AEF6-CA8C1090F921> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
    0x7fff8fe02000 -     0x7fff8fe16fff  libGL.dylib (8.5) <BE75219E-DC86-343A-983C-CA3ECADE659F> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
    0x7fff8fe17000 -     0x7fff8fe73ff7  com.apple.Symbolication (1.3 - 93) <F2C7E0B6-B241-3020-B30A-0636D0FA3378> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Symbolication.framework/Versions/A/Symbolication
    0x7fff8fe74000 -     0x7fff8ff12fff  com.apple.ink.framework (1.4 - 110) <C6E43ED5-7189-3291-80F0-BB7702AD051A> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
To be continued...

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Last and final part of the crash log:

Code:
External Modification Summary:
  Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
    task_for_pid: 2
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 0
  Calls made by this process:
    task_for_pid: 0
  Calls made by all processes on this machine:
    task_for_pid: 2808

VM Region Summary:
ReadOnly portion of Libraries: Total=144.3M resident=67.0M(46%) swapped_out_or_unallocated=77.3M(54%)
Writable regions: Total=71.7M written=6540K(9%) resident=8232K(11%) swapped_out=0K(0%) unallocated=63.6M(89%)

REGION TYPE                      VIRTUAL
===========                      =======
CG backing stores                   636K
CG image                             12K
CG shared images                    320K
CoreServices                       1616K
MALLOC                             45.1M
MALLOC guard page                    48K
Memory tag=242                       12K
Memory tag=251                        8K
STACK GUARD                        56.0M
Stack                              9752K
VM_ALLOCATE                        16.1M
__DATA                             10.5M
__IMAGE                             528K
__LINKEDIT                         52.7M
__TEXT                             91.6M
__UNICODE                           544K
mapped file                        42.0M
shared memory                       308K
===========                      =======
TOTAL                             327.4M

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
For the buttons, the "Set" button is exactly like "Save and exit window", but the "cancel" button could be confusing. If the user already made a setting (For example, he sets it at 45 degrees) then the user changed it to 35, but decides that he didn't want to change it, he could press the "Cancel" button thinking that it would discard the changes. So, some users would expect UltraFan to still manage the temperature at 45 degrees, not realizing that the cancel button actually returns the management of the fans to OS X.

For the console, here's what it said:

I'm not sure if all of those are related to the crashing of the "UltraFan" application, but the last part seems to say something about the crashing.

You are right, maybe "reset" is more appropriate than "cancel".
I find set quite correct instead, as it does apply the target. I can stop the window from automatically closing, though.

Thank you for the crash report. I can confirm the issue is with ML, but from the log I can't retrieve useful information, as it points to Apple's UI code. Did the app crash after you opened the main window?

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
You are right, maybe "reset" is more appropriate than "cancel".
I find set quite correct instead, as it does apply the target. I can stop the window from automatically closing, though.

Thank you for the crash report. I can confirm the issue is with ML, but from the log I can't retrieve useful information, as it points to Apple's UI code. Did the app crash after you opened the main window?

No, it didn't crash after opening the main window. It just suddenly crashed. I observed it carefully and then it suddenly disappeared from the menu bar. Although I clicked it at the last few seconds before it crashed, it didn't respond.

I was really surprised that you understood the code. To me, it looks like alien language.

While you're at it, it would be nice if you add an icon to the UltraFan application. It'll look better.

Since you said the issue is with ML's UI code, does that mean you can't fix the application? *gasp!* :eek:

Last edited:

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
I too have this bizarre "reset". I would pick a temp to set. (56c) then hit set. A check appears next to the temp and it would flash bold then normal a few times and then the program will close. I then have to reopen to set the temp again and the problem repeats. I'm running lion 10.7.4 on the rMBP.

Oddly enough when I check the box to save a log on desktop, then set temp, hit cancel and include a description, hit Ok now the app seems like its working. Hasn't closed and have a (check) next to the temp. Bold number means temperature change?

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
I too have this bizarre "reset". I would pick a temp to set. (56c) then hit set. A check appears next to the temp and it would flash bold then normal a few times and then the program will close. I then have to reopen to set the temp again and the problem repeats. I'm running lion 10.7.4 on the rMBP.

Oddly enough when I check the box to save a log on desktop, then set temp, hit cancel and include a description, hit Ok now the app seems like its working. Hasn't closed and have a (check) next to the temp. Bold number means temperature change?

I knew I wan't the only one!

So, LostSoul80, how are you planning to fix this and when are you going to be finished?

Speaking of programming, how long did it take you to code the very first version of this app?

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
I knew I wan't the only one!

So, LostSoul80, how are you planning to fix this and when are you going to be finished?

Speaking of programming, how long did it take you to code the very first version of this app?

When the program doesn't crash and I restart my computer it would reset all my settings. I have to redo it every time. But having the box checked to save a log on desktop prevents it from closing. Have you tried that ?

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
When the program doesn't crash and I restart my computer it would reset all my settings. I have to redo it every time. But having the box checked to save a log on desktop prevents it from closing. Have you tried that ?

Yeah, checking the box for me doesn't help at all. It still crashes. It is a nice app, only needs more stability.

LostSoul80, I would also like to request that it would be nice if the user could have manual settings over the fan (the user will manually specify how fast the fan will run and if it should turn on or not).

And since there will be a case when users may sometimes not notice that their machines are going to get hot and the fans aren't running fast enough, I think UltraFan should display a message warning the user to either manually boost the fan speed up or let UltraFan automatically decide the best fan speed.

That would be PERFECT! I'd love to have that feature.

And it would also be nice if it could indicate that the fans are running or not (maybe add a spinning ball on the menu bar or something?)

and it would also be great if it could indicate how fast the fan is going (not in the menu bar, maybe when you click the icon in the menu bar).

And finally, I think it's super great that instead of appearing in it's own window whenever I would like to change the target temperature, it would be a huge time saver when I can adjust it from the menu bar (when I click a temperature, it would be lovely if the settings to adjust the target temperature will appear on the drop down menu). If you still don't get what I mean, it's sort of like the app "Battery Guard".

And since some users may not even like the features I requested (some may be bugged by the spinning ball on the menu bar), it would also be nice if it had an option to turn that feature off.

Sorry for the requests, I just think it would be nice to have all those features.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.