Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
Once you're in the background check process, they have decided to hire you. As long as you were honest when you listed your previous employers and everything checks out with that, you'll receive an offer in a week or two. Maybe sooner, if you're lucky.

That's not always the case. My friend submitted his background and received a decline letter 2 weeks later. He got a copy of his background check and everything was verified, it came back completely clean. The job is not guaranteed until you receive an offer.

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
Then something was wrong with it. No company is going to pay for a background check on someone they don't want to hire. HireRight will screw you if you were off by so much as one day on your employment history. Look them up.

I'm just sharing what happened. We didn't think it made sense either. Like you said, why would they pay for the background check and not hire him. I don't know if you've ever seen the report but it list criminal, education, and employment history. His report stated no criminal history and under education and employment history it stated "verified" and how they verified it. I just want people to know its a possibility to not get the job after doing the background check, even if it comes back clean. Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know.

pctechohio

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
That's not always the case. My friend submitted his background and received a decline letter 2 weeks later. He got a copy of his background check and everything was verified, it came back completely clean. The job is not guaranteed until you receive an offer.

I'm curious, did you see his bg check or are you going by what he told you? Nothing personal, I just don't believe much of what I read on the internet unless it's verifiable. That being said, I'm not assuming I'll get an offer even though my bg check should be clean. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I submitted the HireRight stuff so I'll probably hear something soon I hope.

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
I'm curious, did you see his bg check or are you going by what he told you? Nothing personal, I just don't believe much of what I read on the internet unless it's verifiable. That being said, I'm not assuming I'll get an offer even though my bg check should be clean. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I submitted the HireRight stuff so I'll probably hear something soon I hope.

I saw it. He wanted me to double check it so he forwarded the email to me. After not hearing from Apple for 5 days he became impatient and contacted Hireright. He thought that HireRight was the delay, Hireright told him they sent the info to Apple within 3 days of him submitting his info. He emailed his recruiter and did not receive a response. Then about a week later he got an email stating they decided to go with other candidates. It was about 2 weeks from the date he submitted the info to Hireright. I have to say this wasn't for the At-Home service advisor, it was for a different At-Home position. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Have you contacted HireRight to find out the status of your bg check?

Last edited:

Zeta10

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
Hey everyone, I have my third interview (with the hiring manager) tomorrow and was wondering what kind of role playing questions have people been asked.

pctechohio

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
I saw it. He wanted me to double check it so he forwarded the email to me. After not hearing from Apple for 5 days he became impatient and contacted Hireright. He thought that HireRight was the delay, Hireright told him they sent the info to Apple within 3 days of him submitting his info. He emailed his recruiter and did not receive a response. Then about a week later he got an email stating they decided to go with other candidates. It was about 2 weeks from the date he submitted the info to Hireright. I have to say this wasn't for the At-Home service advisor, it was for a different At-Home position. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Have you contacted HireRight to find out the status of your bg check?

Thanks for the reply. Today will be 2 weeks since I submitted the HireRight info. If I don't hear anything by the close of business hours I'll probably contact them tomorrow. Sorry about your friend, it maybe that Apple is a little pickier about at home positions that are above the adviser pay grade. (I'm pretty sure adviser is the bottom rung). Also, I wasn't aware that they had other telecommuting positions available. Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

Taby0424

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Hey everyone, I have my third interview (with the hiring manager) tomorrow and was wondering what kind of role playing questions have people been asked.

My final interview was something like " do you woks up one morning and tried to turn on your computer and it didn't come on, what would you do? And once it came on you noticed your Internet connection wasn't working, what would u do? And once you got your Internet working you discovered your email was working, what would you do? And after your got your email working you discovered you couldn't print anything, how would you troubleshoot the printer issue?". Then it was "I was a student running to class and dropped my iPad and I gotta get it on because I gotta gotta gotta finish something for class. Today is the deadline. How could you help me?". "describe a typical work day from home if you were hired on with apple. Tell me about a time when you did something that you didn't want to do. Tell me about a time when you faced an obstacle and what you did to overcome it". Then he let me use the last few minutes to just ramble about anything I felt would help him to make a hiring decision.Extremely cool guy so it was very informal and fun. Lots of laughs. So I hope this helps.

ebl1112

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
This was almost exactly like mine - question for question - just worded a little different here and there.

My final interview was something like " do you woks up one morning and tried to turn on your computer and it didn't come on, what would you do? And once it came on you noticed your Internet connection wasn't working, what would u do? And once you got your Internet working you discovered your email was working, what would you do? And after your got your email working you discovered you couldn't print anything, how would you troubleshoot the printer issue?". Then it was "I was a student running to class and dropped my iPad and I gotta get it on because I gotta gotta gotta finish something for class. Today is the deadline. How could you help me?". "describe a typical work day from home if you were hired on with apple. Tell me about a time when you did something that you didn't want to do. Tell me about a time when you faced an obstacle and what you did to overcome it". Then he let me use the last few minutes to just ramble about anything I felt would help him to make a hiring decision.Extremely cool guy so it was very informal and fun. Lots of laughs. So I hope this helps.

Taby0424

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
This was almost exactly like mine - question for question - just worded a little different here and there.

So I guess it's all the same. Darn phone corrected my spelling. Lol
There were more but I couldn't remember the rest.

ebl1112

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Yeah, me too. Most of the interview was just kind of conversational. Very laid back and relaxed. So, I don't remember everything. Again, as has been said, it seemed he was trying to gauge my personality.

So I guess it's all the same. Darn phone corrected my spelling. Lol
There were more but I couldn't remember the rest.

abcneb81

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Apple Care Advisor

Had my first interview over the phone. It was very casual, laid back, and she was very friendly.

I am wondering about the second interview over facetime. Any suggestions?

pctechohio

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
Yeah, me too. Most of the interview was just kind of conversational. Very laid back and relaxed. So, I don't remember everything. Again, as has been said, it seemed he was trying to gauge my personality.

Same here, 3 tech questions and the rest general chit chat. That being said, the conversation was focused on my philosophy of tech in general and my ability to establish a rapport with people. The hardest question I had was,"What is one of your weaknesses?. I told her I was a misanthrope :eek: kidding

leesuhhbee

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
USA
Waiting....

Hey everyone! :) I've been lurkin' on this thread since I applied for this position. My timeline is looking a little like this:

June 23rd: Applied for Apple.
July 19th: Got an e-mail from a recruiter asking me to fill-out a 15 questionnaire.
July 23rd: Got a call from the same recruiter above for a short initial interview. (Was told she was passing me along for a second FaceTime interview)
July 25th: FaceTime interview. (Went well, some technical questions. He said he was passing me along for a 3rd FaceTime interview.)
-20 minutes later got an e-mail to fill out an official Apple Application and set up my 3rd interview via Apple website.
July 31st: 3rd interview. Went VERY well. She said that she would pass my information along and I should hear something within a week or two.
-1 hour later I got an e-mail from HireRight.
August 3rd: Got a phone call from HireRight about some information they could get. (I apparently working for a contractor 2 years ago and didn't know. But I called them back, and sent the correct information via e-mail and got a conformation e-mail that everything was received.

So now I wait. Going on 11 days since I heard from HireRight 14 days from submitting initial background check form.

From all my interviews the start date is September, so I have my fingers crossed. Anyone get a job offer yet that starts in September? If so, how long did your HireRight information take? :confused:

MacAreLikeCrack

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
Called what a surprise…...

Here is my deal, I submitted July 22, (saw the add online) never heard a thing except for the auto reply email.

Got a call today……

(i guess it was the junk filter)

Check your junk box/filters!

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I'm now in the 6th day of waiting for my background check and I was at peace just waiting for the 2 week time period to come, but after reading that some people have called at the 5th day and their background check was done, I'm kind of nervous. What would you guys suggest for a time period to wait to contact HireRight?

leesuhhbee

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
USA
I'm now in the 6th day of waiting for my background check and I was at peace just waiting for the 2 week time period to come, but after reading that some people have called at the 5th day and their background check was done, I'm kind of nervous. What would you guys suggest for a time period to wait to contact HireRight?

I actually e-mailed my recruiter who said they didn't have an update on my status but would get in touch if more information is needed. I'm calling HireRight tomorrow just to make sure that my background check went through and that they aren't just procrastinating.

Zeta10

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
I had my third interview today with Gary, and he mentioned that I was applying for the Mac position, where I would only be answering Mac computer issues and none of the other systems. I applied to the At Home Advisor position and during my first two interviews I was told that I would be dealing with all different Apple products, I even had to walk through a troubleshooting role play for the iPhone on my second interview. This left me a bit puzzled and was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

pctechohio

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
I actually e-mailed my recruiter who said they didn't have an update on my status but would get in touch if more information is needed. I'm calling HireRight tomorrow just to make sure that my background check went through and that they aren't just procrastinating.

Everyone seems to be focused on HireRight here and I bet that 99% of the background checks are completed and sent to the appropriate company within 1 week. So far, I have not seen a single person actually hired for the Sept. 10 training cycle. As to why Apple is just sitting on potential hires, I have no idea but I'm guessing calls will start going out before the end of Aug.

Edit: Today it's been 15 days since I submitted HireRight info. and 14 days since I clarified stuff with them via phone.

theaton

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Interview Process????

I just had a FaceTime interview today for At-Home Advisor-iTunes and I am wondering if I will move forward. She did not ask me very many questions and the interview only lasted about 10 minutes. She asked me what iTunes experience I had and what an Apple ID was and why it is needed and then she said that this was just a screening process and I should know something next week as to whether or not I will be moving forward. Just wanted to know if there was anyone else who has had the first interview and what was asked and so on.
Thanks in Advance!

ebl1112

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
LOL... okay you made me giggle :)

Same here, 3 tech questions and the rest general chit chat. That being said, the conversation was focused on my philosophy of tech in general and my ability to establish a rapport with people. The hardest question I had was,"What is one of your weaknesses?. I told her I was a misanthrope :eek: kidding

----------

I was just about to ask this same question. Has anyone who is starting in September heard from Apple? Of course, I mean after you have turned in your HireRight stuff.

Hey everyone! :) I've been lurkin' on this thread since I applied for this position. My timeline is looking a little like this:

June 23rd: Applied for Apple.
July 19th: Got an e-mail from a recruiter asking me to fill-out a 15 questionnaire.
July 23rd: Got a call from the same recruiter above for a short initial interview. (Was told she was passing me along for a second FaceTime interview)
July 25th: FaceTime interview. (Went well, some technical questions. He said he was passing me along for a 3rd FaceTime interview.)
-20 minutes later got an e-mail to fill out an official Apple Application and set up my 3rd interview via Apple website.
July 31st: 3rd interview. Went VERY well. She said that she would pass my information along and I should hear something within a week or two.
-1 hour later I got an e-mail from HireRight.
August 3rd: Got a phone call from HireRight about some information they could get. (I apparently working for a contractor 2 years ago and didn't know. But I called them back, and sent the correct information via e-mail and got a conformation e-mail that everything was received.

So now I wait. Going on 11 days since I heard from HireRight 14 days from submitting initial background check form.

From all my interviews the start date is September, so I have my fingers crossed. Anyone get a job offer yet that starts in September? If so, how long did your HireRight information take? :confused:

----------

Nope, I was told I would be taking calls for all products. It seems like it would be nicer to just do the Mac :)

I had my third interview today with Gary, and he mentioned that I was applying for the Mac position, where I would only be answering Mac computer issues and none of the other systems. I applied to the At Home Advisor position and during my first two interviews I was told that I would be dealing with all different Apple products, I even had to walk through a troubleshooting role play for the iPhone on my second interview. This left me a bit puzzled and was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I don't think anyone in the possible September class has heard back, not that have posted on here anyway. I know I haven't and it's making me nervous. I hope they don't decide last minute that they don't need another class, but trying to think positive thoughts.

I was originally told I'd be working with all products as well and then was told in the final interview I'd be doing iOS support. No big deal as I am stronger in the iOS area anyway. I think they do that and then ask you the questions about all the different devices to gauge where your strengths are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.