Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe-M

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
I installed ML on both my iMac and MacAir 3 or 4 weeks ago and am happy with the performance except for one thing....I use the Mail program for my email and ever since I installed ML, the Mail program keeps asking for my password whenever it checks for new mail. I have no problem sending or receiving mail, but when the program checks for new mail, it asks for my password, which I have left in settings.

Anybody have any similar experience and, if so, found a solution???

Thanks in advance.

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
Mail is really messed up for me too. I can't send any emails, from any of my email accounts!

In other forums, where people have posted the same problem, people mentioned changing the Wi-Fi settings. However, I'm not using wireless for my router; it's wired.

It's really frustrating. From all the different issues I'm seeing, Mail appears to be the weak point for 10.8, so I'm looking forward to a fix.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Yahoo, at least in IMAP, seems to have known issues. It sporadically asks for my password.

Gmail and iCloud work fine for me, however. What email system are you using and what settings?

ratfink

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
I haven't had any issues with Gmail and IMAP. Maybe try changing your password?

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Hmm that's weird. Mail is working exactly as it did before I upgraded to ML.

I have four mail accounts and it hasn't asked me for my password.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I host my own email and those accounts work fine. I do also have a yahoo and a gmail account in apple mail and neither one has given me a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.