Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Has anyone confirmed that they will accept the $100 off student discount in addition to the sale price? It states on the coupon "Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts."

Balthezor

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
PA
I was 40 min away from Wilmington, DE today so I went down to get this deal. I got the 13" Macbook Air for $999. The student $100 off does work.

With the purchase, I guess we also get 1000 rewards points, so that's an extra $50 gift card. So I replaced my mid 2009 Air with this one for $949. I feel like this is a great deal. $200 cheaper than Apple's own educational discounted Air.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
This really is an excellent deal with the student discount. I'm trying to get my finances together and should be picking up the 13" Air by the end of the week. If you were holding out for a good deal on the Air, I suggest you jump on this one.

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
I was 40 min away from Wilmington, DE today so I went down to get this deal. I got the 13" Macbook Air for $999. The student $100 off does work.

With the purchase, I guess we also get 1000 rewards points, so that's an extra $50 gift card. So I replaced my mid 2009 Air with this one for $949. I feel like this is a great deal. $200 cheaper than Apple's own educational discounted Air.

Excellent! Did you have to do anything other than just let them know you had the coupon or have anything overridden by a manager?

Balthezor

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
PA
Excellent! Did you have to do anything other than just let them know you had the coupon or have anything overridden by a manager?

Nope it doesn't cause any problems at all. I just went up to the cashier and it scans fine. No mess, no managers.

Great deal. I was planning on waiting for a 13" Retina, but this deal made me go for it right away. Thanks to OP again.

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
but u can't get 8GB...

I'm really having a tough time deciding between the base 13.3" MBA and the base 13.3" MBP because of the ram. At least the ram can be upgraded on the MBP to 16gb pretty cost effectively by the user later. The hard drive being upgradable is also nice so you can switch to an SSD later and not be stuck with a 128gb.

I can't justify spending more than the base models at this time and with this deal it's a good time to decide and buy.

dhend25

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Nope it doesn't cause any problems at all. I just went up to the cashier and it scans fine. No mess, no managers.

Great deal. I was planning on waiting for a 13" Retina, but this deal made me go for it right away. Thanks to OP again.

Did you have to show your student ID at the store?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
If you guys need a copy of the "back to school" coupon, I would be more than happy to post it here.

Balthezor

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
PA
Did you have to show your student ID at the store?

No. Just go to the one of the links above and put in your edu address. It will email you a printable coupon. This deal is simple.

13" MBP is also on sale, for same price. But that thing is ugly and the display really sets it back.

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa

at BB it is 250 points for a $5 gift card, so 1,000 points is only $20.

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
No. Just go to the one of the links above and put in your edu address. It will email you a printable coupon. This deal is simple.

13" MBP is also on sale, for same price. But that thing is ugly and the display really sets it back.

What's the expiration date on the coupon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.