Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Does Apple preparing as last year on september a discounts for students in campaign called "back to school"?

Has anybody detailed information about that?
Thank you very much.

I would like to buy iPod and friend of mine would like to buy a new Air 11, 2012. So question is we would to wait...

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does Apple preparing as last year on september a discounts for students in campaign called "back to school"?

Has anybody detailed information about that?
Did you consider visiting the Apple site?
ScreenCap 2012-08-10 at Fri, Aug 10,12.24.13 PM .PNG

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I got an email on Tuesday from Apple about the "Back to School" promo. I'll dig it up and look for details if you want, but I remember saying that if you buy a mac, you'll get $100 credit for the app store.

As GGJ's link pointed to, it varies a bit. Also, sometimes buying refurbished can net you a better deal than the educational discount.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I got an email on Tuesday from Apple about the "Back to School" promo. I'll dig it up and look for details if you want, but I remember saying that if you buy a mac, you'll get $100 credit for the app store.

As GGJ's link pointed to, it varies a bit. Also, sometimes buying refurbished can net you a better deal than the educational discount.

This is true unless you actually have a need for the gift card (buying the Pro apps on App store). I was looking at a refurb and new MBP. Price difference was $70 and thought to myself that this $70 is being used to get a $100 gift card. Not a bad deal.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Ok I understand. Thank you very much for replies. But I would like to by this way add other question. Its about MacBook AIR 11/ 2012.

As it mentioned above the Apple is going to start discounts in case of "back to school" action.

And my question is very simple. The last year Apple gave for stundets (with valid ISIC Card) a discounts to new MacBook AIRs in amount of 15%.

And now I would like to ask if this year would be that action as well. Even I should more specify it. Is it necessary to be in every "back to school" action a discounts 15% from price MacBook AIRs 2012? Can I count with it? And waiting. Or it could happen that this discounts to new AIR 2012 couldnt be?

Or it is not sure if it would be.

Many Thanks.

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
Ok I understand. Thank you very much for replies. But I would like to by this way add other question. Its about MacBook AIR 11/ 2012.

As it mentioned above the Apple is going to start discounts in case of "back to school" action.

And my question is very simple. The last year Apple gave for stundets (with valid ISIC Card) a discounts to new MacBook AIRs in amount of 15%.

And now I would like to ask if this year would be that action as well. Even I should more specify it. Is it necessary to be in every "back to school" action a discounts 15% from price MacBook AIRs 2012? Can I count with it? And waiting. Or it could happen that this discounts to new AIR 2012 couldnt be?

Or it is not sure if it would be.

Many Thanks.

I'm not really 100% clear on what you're asking, but if it's about the amount of discount offered by Apple for the promotion, that can be found on their site. Click education pricing.

http://apple.com

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
question is. If the apple providing every year 15% discounts to MacBook AIR (2012) for students. So If I could count with that discounts this year as well? Or it wouldn t be?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
question is. If the apple providing every year 15% discounts to MacBook AIR (2012) for students. So If I could count with that discounts this year as well? Or it wouldn t be?

How would anyone on this site know the answer to your question?

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
When I bought my MacBook Air earlier this month I received $50 off the in-store price.
So I paid $1,149 instead of $1,199.

I then received a $100 App Store Gift Card.
Out the door the cost was $1,235.54

Those were the only discounts/add-ons that I received for "buying it for my nephew at LSU"

Hope that answers a question.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009

You will need to check the online Apple educational store for the country you'll be buying in to get the specific discount.

In the US store it's $50 off, which is about 5% on the base 11" model. You also get a $100 iTunes/App Store gift card.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I believe the message he's trying to ask is if Black Friday and Education discounts can be combined in getting $100 off, according to what he desires, the MBA 11". Although I highly doubt Apple would be willing to do that. If I got $300 off a rMBP I would be satisfied for the holidays.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
For better understanding. I am student from czech republic. And the last year our sellers of apple here provided 15% discounts to macbook air 2011 in action called "back to school" And my question was if can I expect that same action- 15% discounts to air 2012 as last year. Or apple do not guarantee same discounts every year?

Just from history you could answer, if the every year are the same discounts to same products from apple. Or rather do not count with that discounts to air 2012?

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
For better understanding. I am student from czech republic. And the last year our sellers of apple here provided 15% discounts to macbook air 2011 in action called "back to school" And my question was if can I expect that same action- 15% discounts to air 2012 as last year. Or apple do not guarantee same discounts every year?

Just from history you could answer, if the every year are the same discounts to same products from apple. Or rather do not count with that discounts to air 2012?

Usually the discounts are about the same each year. We don't know specifically what your Apple sellers will do.

Back to School has already started. You should call your Apple sellers to get better information.

Here is the link for Apple's Czech education store with prices: http://store.apple.com/cz-edu

Apple resellers may have different discounts.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
So. Basically if the last your was the 15% discounts to MacBook Air 11. This Year I can expect the same?

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
So. Basically if the last your was the 15% discounts to MacBook Air 11. This Year I can expect the same?

Nobody knows for sure what Apple is going to do, but it is very unlikely that they will reduce the price by 15%. Just buy one before the real back to school sale ends or you won't get the gift card.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009

We don't know what your Mac sellers will do, or what they've done before.

Apple themselves in the US and other countries don't give an extra discount during "Back to School". The student discount is available all year. The "Back to School" promotion here adds the $100 iTunes gift card.

Since Back to School is already happening, you should call your local Apple seller and ask them what they are doing this year.

bbchick

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
When I bought my MacBook Air earlier this month I received $50 off the in-store price.
So I paid $1,149 instead of $1,199.

I then received a $100 App Store Gift Card.
Out the door the cost was $1,235.54

Those were the only discounts/add-ons that I received for "buying it for my nephew at LSU"

Hope that answers a question.

Ummm, does that mean that I can just go into any Apple store and buy a MBA for "my nephew at UCLA" without any verification and get the educational pricing??? I thought one had to show some sort of college ID or enrollment letter of some sort. If that's the case....

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Ummm, does that mean that I can just go into any Apple store and buy a MBA for "my nephew at UCLA" without any verification and get the educational pricing??? I thought one had to show some sort of college ID or enrollment letter of some sort. If that's the case....

When you buy in-store, you have to show proof. When you buy online you don't. However, Apple occasionally audits people and if you get caught, you'll be charged the balance.
Audit Rights

Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should we discover that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for Education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.

BTW, UCLA sucks. FIGHT ON!

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX

He was with me this time and the Apple associate just entered his name from his Drivers License, didn't have to show his student ID card.
When I bought his 13 MBP in 2010 his mom emailed me his acceptance letter and that was good enough, I just showed it to the salesperson on my iPhone.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Ok. Now I fully understand that. Apple do not guarantee that same discounts qs every year in case of "back to school"? is it true? So if the last year ours sellers tehre in czech republic provided 15% discounts to AIRs 11 so in this year couldn t happen that?

Am I right?

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Ok. Now I fully understand that. Apple do not guarantee that same discounts qs every year in case of "back to school"? is it true? So if the last year ours sellers tehre in czech republic provided 15% discounts to AIRs 11 so in this year couldn t happen that?

Am I right?

I've never seen Airs discounted at 15% from Apple Retail, but if what you say is true, I'm hopping on a plane to Czech it out myself.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
You should :))) Yes we ve got it this discounts to students last year. And question is if that action was there last year- would we predict that will be that year here as well, or dont be? Do repeat that same action apple every year?

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
You should :))) Yes we ve got it this discounts to students last year. And question is if that action was there last year- would we predict that will be that year here as well, or dont be? Do repeat that same action apple every year?

Well, you seem to be asking the same question over and over. The only way to really find out is to go and try to buy one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.