Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
The comments on this thread are crappier than usual. Wow. Did the bright colors on the clown picture bring out the special ones? (Yeah I bet someone is going to comment with "you commented!". Uh, sure go ahead and post that. That's about as imaginative as a "your mom" joke).

Your mom commented on this thread. :D

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Black credit cards are so overrated.

For example, some of these cards offer priority checkin at the airport but that is what you get automatically when you purchase a first class or business class ticket so it would only benefit you if you travelled "economy" or wanted to try to buy an "upgrade" on your economy ticket.
Plus, Steve didn't fly commercial. When you buy a Gulfstream V, priority check-in is included in the purchase price.

:D

But, hey, he got a lot of points when he filled up the tank!

;)

kdarling

macrumors P6
Black credit cards are so overrated.

I was more interested to see if he had something unique that might portend the future, like perhaps a prototype Apple iTunes credit card with NFC chip ;)

For example, some of these cards offer priority checkin at the airport but that is what you get automatically when you purchase a first class or business class ticket so it would only benefit you if you travelled "economy" or wanted to try to buy an "upgrade" on your economy ticket.

Or if you're buying non-first-class tickets for friends or family, and you want them to get priority benefits.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Remember that Steve never had a license plate on his Benz? He also parked in handicap spots without a tag on his car. Knowing that, I imagine he didn't give 2 cents about parking meters either. He was a funny guy.

Parking in handicap spots is pretty douchey if you aren't handicapped.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Job's carried blank checks. He had no license or photo ID because he would have to stand in line at the DMV to get one.

TsunamiTheClown

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Fiery+Cross+Reef
...he loaded iTunes to play the "Pink Panther" theme song and Michael Jackson, using the magical device to entertain Bay Area kids and tourists during his clown routine...
So is the story here that it is unusual that a clown got a stolen item without his knowledge?

I'm afraid I fail to see the significance of this article. I suppose that if Bob the HVAC guy got the iPad and also had no idea that it was stolen from Steve Jobs' estate we would have gotten an article about that as well?

+1 for using the iPad in a clown routine (hot as it were)

They’re not like you and me. The hair, the nose... I don’t think they’re even human. I don’t hate them, I just fear and respect them the way an unknown threat should always be feared and respected. Like ball lightning and giant squids. Little-understood but all too real—and maybe, just maybe, lethal. The best defense is never to sleep, as both clowns and ball lightning can pass through keyholes. (The only thing clowns have in common with giant squids is the razor-sharp beak, which you rarely get to see. Believe me, you don’t want to.)

LOL ^ true story.

:clowngrin:

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

I can vaguely remember that Steve Jobs was seriously ill. I don't know about the USA, but in Britain people who are a lot healthier have received "disabled" stickers.

darkplanets

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2009

Remember when he had cancer, got a liver replacement, and went through chemo? Do you know anyone who had chemo? It's not the nicest of times, to say the least.

In the US you can get a handicap plate just for being moderately obese and complaining enough.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Remember when he had cancer, got a liver replacement, and went through chemo? Do you know anyone who had chemo? It's not the nicest of times, to say the least.

In the US you can get a handicap plate just for being moderately obese and complaining enough.

He did it before he was sick. And if he needed to park their when he was sick he should have got a tag.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

Requiring handicap spots and ramps that are rarely used by handicapped people is pretty douchey of the government. Stupid waste of pavement. They are also a very high income employment act for douchey non-handicapped lawyers.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Requiring handicap spots and ramps that are rarely used by handicapped people is pretty douchey of the government. Stupid waste of pavement. They are also a very high income employment act for douchey non-handicapped lawyers.

I hope you don't ever need one in your life then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.