Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
That link is officially dead now. Anybody have that info somewhere else?

Ask and you shall recieve:

webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics

Throw that into your web browser and it will open ical and you can subscribe to it.

Cheers

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
Thank you for posting up the new link. I'm excited to have hoildays on iCal now. :D

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
...and so begins the slow but inevitable transition to force all Mac owners that want any functionality in their Macs to purchase .mac.

Sorry, but seems to be that comment doesn't even relate. The calendar is free. Just punch it in and bring it up. A lot of co-workers in our office called it up to plug the holidays into windows outlook. THEY didn't buy a .mac subscription.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
...and so begins the slow but inevitable transition to force all Mac owners that want any functionality in their Macs to purchase .mac.

Actually the comment by flopticalcube is relevant. Many vendors offer free software until the marketplace becomes comfortable with it and feels it is essential. Then the cost is applied.

Even though this is a frequently seen pattern, it is neither unethical nor illegal. It is just good marketing policy.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006

Throw that into your web browser and it will open ical and you can subscribe to it.

Cheers

Holy thread bump. I realized that my holidays calendar hasn't been updating in ages (had auto-refresh turned off), and a quick google search turned this up. Thanks to the poster of this link.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA

Cheers

Is this link dead? I've received an error message the last couple days. I've used the link to this calendar for a long time.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is this link dead? I've received an error message the last couple days. I've used the link to this calendar for a long time.
The link was posted 5 years ago. As Apple's site has undergone considerable change during that time, it's not surprising that a few links no longer work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.