Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
when you get a warranty replacement, do you get swapped with a factory unlocked model or does one have to go through the whole process again?

vexatia

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
I just ordered this. Will update with results.

Received an email, about 6 hours after buying the unlock that states the following:

"Hello!

The Unlock Code for your mobile phone has been successfully calculated

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CODE: UNLOCKED

For instructions on how to enter the unlock code provided, please follow the link provided to our FAQ section
http://client.theunlockclub.com/unlockinstruction/view

We hope that for all your future unlocking needs you will visit our site http://www.TheUnlockClub.com

Thank you once again for your order!

Regards,
-TheUnlockClub"

Tried synching with iTunes, no 'congrats you're unlocked' notice. Restoring now.

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
Do you email them first before ordering as they requested? What's their email address and can I just message them via ebay message system?

Received an email, about 6 hours after buying the unlock that states the following:

"Hello!

The Unlock Code for your mobile phone has been successfully calculated

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CODE: UNLOCKED

For instructions on how to enter the unlock code provided, please follow the link provided to our FAQ section
http://client.theunlockclub.com/unlockinstruction/view

We hope that for all your future unlocking needs you will visit our site http://www.TheUnlockClub.com

Thank you once again for your order!

Regards,
-TheUnlockClub"

Tried synching with iTunes, no 'congrats you're unlocked' notice. Restoring now.

vexatia

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
Do you email them first before ordering as they requested? What's their email address and can I just message them via ebay message system?

To clarify-

I still don't receive a message indicating that my phone is unlocked when I synch or restore with iTunes...SO NO EVIDENCE THAT MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED YET.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
To clarify-

I still don't receive a message indicating that my phone is unlocked when I synch or restore with iTunes...SO NO EVIDENCE THAT MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED YET.

go to http://iphoneox.com/ you can verify there by adding your IMEI you can also get a t-mobile sim and pop it in it does not have to be a active sim. I ordered on of ebay for $2 popping in a tmobile sim is a better way to see if your unlocked then even the itunes msg. ;)

vexatia

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
go to http://iphoneox.com/ you can verify there by adding your IMEI you can also get a t-mobile sim and pop it in it does not have to be a active sim. I ordered on of ebay for $2 popping in a tmobile sim is a better way to see if your unlocked then even the itunes msg. ;)

Just ordered a t-mobile sim through amazon. Will let you know how it goes. The iphoneox.com website returned a status of 'unlocked', but without knowing the basis for that site's authority, I remain unconvinced. I'll update once I test the unlock using the tmobile sim or if, for some reason, I receive an 'unlocked' notification through iTunes.

gd6

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
To clarify-

It won't tell you its unlocked if you use an ATT sim. It will look just like an ATT phone and itunes wont mention it being unlocked until you try out another sim. I keep a non-active t-mobile sim around just so I can tell if its unlocked.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
It won't tell you its unlocked if you use an ATT sim. It will look just like an ATT phone and itunes wont mention it being unlocked until you try out another sim. I keep a non-active t-mobile sim around just so I can tell if its unlocked.

I got the device is unlocked message when I restored in iTunes with my AT&T sim in

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Just ordered a t-mobile sim through amazon. Will let you know how it goes. The iphoneox.com website returned a status of 'unlocked', but without knowing the basis for that site's authority, I remain unconvinced. I'll update once I test the unlock using the tmobile sim or if, for some reason, I receive an 'unlocked' notification through iTunes.

at least 8 people have had success so I have a feeling your fine. did you try contacting the about your concerns? I'll bet you can ask at a tmobile store and barrow a sim for two minutes too.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I thought Apple cracked down on these rendering them useless?

nope. Sam was rendered useless a while back.They did slow it down briefly but now it's back stronger then ever. People are out there low balling each other rather then being greedy I'm glad I held out and waited.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
nope. Sam was rendered useless a while back.They did slow it down briefly but now it's back stronger then ever. People are out there low balling each other rather then being greedy I'm glad I held out and waited.

Is there any guarantee these things will stay unlocked?

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
I won't go that far but it will be difficult to close not a single case of a IMEI unlock any where being undone. that said the only real guarantees are life, death and taxes. For $20 I'll take my chances. :D

Suppose there isnt much at stake for 20 bucks.

dadude77

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
ATT 4s i bought off ebay just got here today. I requested through ATT an unlock they sent in a request to apple so i'll hear back in 4-5 days.. but im thinking this wont work as its so soon/probably still in contract, since its a 4s i guess its impossible its not under contract

dadude77

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
answered in about 10 minutes, restored like they said and got the congratulations your iphone is unlocked. Much easier than paying on ebay... is that all these people do to unlock them? and then charge $20-$50?

Abdu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2012
answered in about 10 minutes, restored like they said and got the congratulations your iphone is unlocked. Much easier than paying on ebay... is that all these people do to unlock them? and then charge $20-$50?

I also requested and they said 5-7 days :(

Abdu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2012
thats what they'd said to me as well.. however i got an email almost instantly :)

Lucky :) the thing is that I tried it via calling and I gave him my imei but he said he got an error and said it doesnt say why he got it!

vexatia

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008

Success!!! I just dropped in a tmobile sim and I'm on their network :)

Happy Days! So, for me, the service took 4 hours (it just took me several days to receive another carrier's sim to confirm the unlock). Yay!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Success!!! I just dropped in a tmobile sim and I'm on their network :)

Happy Days! So, for me, the service took 4 hours (it just took me several days to receive another carrier's sim to confirm the unlock). Yay!

I think one deserves a I told you so! :p Congrats I'm glad you are finally happy! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.