Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
I would love to see her, tour her, don't really want to go to sea on her.

I keep thinking of War of the Worlds:

In the end, it wasn't an Iceberg that took down the ship and all those aboard, but the tinyest of creatures, a stomach virus . . .

----------

The speed of sound in air or in water?

Quick Google results:

Speed of Sound (in air) - 768 Miles/Hr (1236 KM/Hr)
Speed of Tsunami (deep ocean) - 600 Miles/Hr (970 KM/Hr)

Sound wins.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Since I thought (admittedly in the minority) that the original Titanic movie was a bloated, over-produced, poorly acted, over long turkey... a new one, for me, is a must miss.:p:D

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Since I thought (admittedly in the minority) that the original Titanic movie was a bloated, over-produced, poorly acted, over long turkey... a new one, for me, is a must miss.:p:D

It did lower the blockbuster to new depths, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it...I bet it's 3D though..Seems to be the way they go these days to "Enhance" the movie.

Another way of trying to turn a turkey into revenue.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Exactly after 100 years. I'm riding this one.

----------

Seriously though, no one would ride this. The name itself reminds the upcoming passengers about the previous sinking and would remind them of that. It's not really easy to think that "Oh! I'm riding the Titanic! You know, the name of the famous ship that sunk before?".

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Well the other 2 titanic spend the whole service time crashing on everything and where fine till they salvage then for materials lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.