Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following yesterday's news that testing of OS X 10.8.2 was imminent, Apple today pushed out the first developer build of the update. The testing begins just as Apple is making OS X 10.8.1 available to the public.

12c31a.jpg

The first developer build of OS X 10.8.2 arrives as Build 12C31a in the form of a 641.83 MB combo update, and Apple is asking testers to focus on Messages, Facebook, Game Center, Safari, and Reminders. Apple also notes no known issues with the build, and we'll provide additional information on the update as it surfaces.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Developer Build of OS X 10.8.2

mklaman

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
so did they not fix safari bugs in 10.8.1? if not, they all but forced me to switch to chrome. shame on them!

stisdal

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
USA
Not seeing this available here in the U.S. ??

Yes, I checked the developer page for ML....

(edit) It just showed up under "Additional Downloads"...

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Can we get a picture of how that looks?

+1, please! Would love to see this. Specifically, is it a two-way implementation? i.e. will all iMessages sent to phones (iOS) reach OS X? And do replies from Messages.app appear as outgoing/sent messages on iOS? Guess that's the dream...

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Is Reminders full screen?

Do location-based reminders set on iPhone work on Mac, and vice versa?

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Finally

Changing desktops with ctrl-arrow keys is much faster now. It's a similar speed to 10.6 space switching animation.

-edit

Also. Mail seems to have been updated to use the Safari 6 webkit engine from the look of the smooth scrolling speed.

Last edited:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Works, now you can send from OS X using your mobile digits to other iMessage/iPhone users, or from any registered email address on your account. You may have to make certain your AppleID is linked with your iPhone number.

After I installed .2 update, my iPhone 4S and iPad recognized that OS X is using this number in Messages.

+1, please! Would love to see this. Specifically, is it a two-way implementation? i.e. will all iMessages sent to phones (iOS) reach OS X? And do replies from Messages.app appear as outgoing/sent messages on iOS? Guess that's the dream...

Yup. Seems as this is now the case.

(Sorry mods, please merge posts if you can, normally automatically does this when posting another one immediately after so my apologies).

Attachments

• Messages 1.jpg
    Messages 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 6,233
  • Messages 2.jpg
    Messages 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 277
  • iPhone iOS 6.jpg
    iPhone iOS 6.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:

wolfmaniac

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Calendar Snooze Options

Can anyone check, if the different Calendar snooze options have been re-implemented in ML 10.8.2, like they were in Lion? Thanks for looking!

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Works, now you can send from OS X using your mobile digits to other iMessage/iPhone users, or from any registered email address on your account. You may have to make certain your AppleID is linked with your iPhone number.

After I installed .2 update, my iPhone 4S and iPad recognized that OS X is using this number in Messages.

Brilliant. Thanks very much for the update and taking the time to do the screens. Looks very promising...I just hope messages are properly synced and threaded!

Cheers

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Can anyone check, if the different Calendar snooze options have been re-implemented in ML 10.8.2, like they were in Lion? Thanks for looking!

Yes!!!! My Calendar workflow has been decimated by this feature loss. Seriously, wtf apple?

Also, they need to allow us to change locations for the alerts in Notification Center.

I've already submitted feedback on this, here:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

spiderben25

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Unified iMessage doesn't seem to work for me... When I enter my phone number under OS X Messages preferences, like the screenshot posted above, it says "Message", then it says "waiting to verify", and I didn't receive anything on my iPhone (the one with iMessage activated)... My phone number is a French one (+33 6 xx xx xx xx), is it related ?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

I presume you have iOS 6 installed? I have 10.8.2 installed and don't have this option, but I have 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4.

spiderben25

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
I didn't know iOS 6 was needed for that, I'm indeed using iOS 5.1.1, then the problem is solved I guess. Thanks !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.