Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think this is resoved, at least for now, any changes and I'll repost.
-----------------
A year or 2 ago I got interested in Power PC's and started my journey into the past by purchasing a G4 Cube.
This little icon of Apple history so intrigued me I somehow ended up with 3 of them.
Long story-short, my interest in all things PPC has led me to a G5 2.5 quad and the 3 cubes are all sitting idle on a shelf and I'm beginning to feel guilty about it.
I have available a stock 450mhz cube in working order I'll give free to anyone willing to pay the shipping.
PM me for more details.

Last edited:

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006
That's an awesome offer.

I sent you a PM to enquire further.

Thanks in advance regardless if I take it off your hands.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
I don't mean this to be flippant, but why would anyone want a cube? is it just aesthetics? How much slower would a 450mhz cube be than a 700mhz DA?

nissan.gtp

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
Virginia
I'm in your (probably big) PM inbox too. :D

kudos for the generous offer :cool:

----------

I don't mean this to be flippant, but why would anyone want a cube? is it just aesthetics? How much slower would a 450mhz cube be than a 700mhz DA?

got to admit, mainly the aesthetics... but it would be cool to do something with it

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside

Cubes can be nicely upgraded just like DAs. And a good bonus is they have a rather strong following.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
Sounds neat. For me personally I care more about processing power than aesthetics. Its a great deal though for those who like aesthetics.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Processing power is probably why the OP is giving them away, I'm kind of the same way, I've had the opportunity to snag many a G5 but my MBP runs OS X perfectly meanwhile my G4 is an OS 9 beast and rarely boots into 10.4.

The G5s must meet the OP's processing needs so keeping the Cubes around isn't necessary and besides it's nice to give them to someone that wants them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.