Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desi143

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
viber problem

hi

i have installed viber on my iphone 4s and it was working fine but from last week it hardly works on UK t-mobile 3g network asways gives error ( there seems to be a problem connecting to viber services. please check your connection and try again) but works fine on wifi. other applications are working fine.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Julieyio -
We are not entirely sure we understand the problem.. Could you describe it more specifically, or even add a screenshot?
In general, your way to know if a message was sent or not, is looking at the conversation window with that specific contact, and make sure you see a tick sign, and a "Sent" or "Delivered" next to it ("Delivered" means it actually reached the other side successfully).

@Tilpots -
Thank you for the details.
We kindly ask you to take a minute and report this issue to our Support Team. This will help us speed up the solution to the problem :) Here is the direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance!

@claire28 -
Yes, Viber will continue working when you go abroad, and your Viber ID will remain as the original one, which with you registered :)

@S.pat -
As far as we know (and have been reported from users), Viber is unfortunately blocked in Morocco, and that is probably the reason for the error you are receiving.

S.pat

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
The friends that I am traveling with have been using it with no problem so it couldn't be for this reason. I was also unable to use it on my way here (e.g. In kuala lumpur and london).
Any other reasons?

jabelar

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Viber Problem

Hi. I am in Portugal and I have exactly the same problem reported by desy143. :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@S.pat -
In some countries, the block is gradual and does not affect everyone immediately.
We are not aware of any special problems in London or Kuala Lumpur, and Viber should be working just fine.

If you tested it on WiFi in those countries, it could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

@claire28 -
It is our pleasure to help. Enjoy Viber! :)

@jabelar and @desi143 -
Some cellular networks block Viber on their 3G. We suspect that this is the case with T-Mobile in the UK, and we're looking into it at the moment. Meanwhile, we recommend that you contact them and ask for the reason for this block.
desi143 - which cellular network are you connected to?

Julieyio

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
@Julieyio -
We are not entirely sure we understand the problem.. Could you describe it more specifically, or even add a screenshot?
In general, your way to know if a message was sent or not, is looking at the conversation window with that specific contact, and make sure you see a tick sign, and a "Sent" or "Delivered" next to it ("Delivered" means it actually reached the other side successfully).

Hi again
this is what my messages look like:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zgb05s/6

Next to each contact there is part of the conversation. What happens if it says "No messages" though? (Shown with red arrows). Is it possible those message were not delivered even though they were marked as "Delivered"?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi again
this is what my messages look like:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zgb05s/6

Next to each contact there is part of the conversation. What happens if it says "No messages" though? (Shown with red arrows). Is it possible those message were not delivered even though they were marked as "Delivered"?

Ah, we see what you mean now.
The "No messages" line appears next to contacts with which you opened a conversation window (i.e you started composing a message to them), but then you decided not to, and exited the conversation window. In a case like this, you will now have a conversation entry for that user in the messages window, and since no message had actually been sent, you will see "No messages" instead. In other words, it means: "no messages YET" ;)

breitling72

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

Hi i am in Dubai using the wifi on my IPhone and i am having the following error
"There seems to be a problem connecting to Viber's service.
Please check your connection and try again."
Thanks for the support

S

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi i am in Dubai using the wifi on my IPhone and i am having the following error
"There seems to be a problem connecting to Viber's service.
Please check your connection and try again."
Thanks for the support

S

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

breitling72

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

Thank you for your reply,
But i can still receive calls, does it mean it is not blocked ???

Sneakerhead86

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
I installed viber couple of weeks ago for my girlfriend back from philippines, im here at USA, so now it won't let me send or receive and make a phone call, so if you can please help me out that would be awsome, oh by the way she is using a blackberry phone and i have an iphone 4.

JenSop

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Help needed! My boyfriend and I both added Viber (he JUST got a Galaxy 3, and I have an iPhone 4S). I am in the U.S. and he is in Germany. After much trials and tribulations, he finally shows up on my Viber contacts. BUT when I try to call him, it says that he does not have the latest version of the app and that he needs to upgrade. He literally just added it yesterday. So I sent him an invite, but when he clicks on it and tries to accept, his phone tells him he already has Viber. And when he tries to message or call me, it tells him that I do not have Viber. We are so frustrated! We just want to be able to talk to eachother. :(

Please help us - we'll be ever so grateful!

msafa

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Uninstalling the viber and receiving message after reinstallation

If I uninstall the viber from my iphone and then re-install it one week later, then can I see the messages my friends send me during that week that I havent viber?

renania58

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Unable to complete set up

Hello,

I have an Iphone 3G and when I enter my Argentine phone number, it is not taken completely. Since it is a cell phone I need to enter 911-1234-5678. However when I enter the "9" it is not registered. The number just appears as 54-11-xxxx-xxxx. Therefore I cannot get the access code.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Please help!

pmomo

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Hi again ... This is very important ... I got threatened by a Viber user in Croatia and I want to know if this can be use as a legal proof.
Sincerely
Thank you

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

Since you are part of the team, iwanted to ask, my connection is always red or yellow on viber whether i got 1 or 60 mbps internet, how come? How much kb/s speed does viber require for a smooth call? And why does 3G cut alot even though its on full speed at the time?

I have almost never had a viber call with 100% satisfaction but I have had it with around 90%. always a problem sometime in the call.

Please tell me how much speed does viber require on noth parties for smooth convo.

Thank You

techiegeek1225

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Hi,

When you register to Viber, any Viber user who has your contact in THEIR phone receives a notification that you joined Viber.
Now, after you installed Viber, they will be able to call or text you through the app.

But when you think about it, this is not different than the regular, cellular service at all. If anyone in the world had your phone number, wouldn't they simply be able to call or text you, even if you didn't have their number saved on your phone? ;)

Looks like Viber is life changing, old friends keep popping up because of those notifications, and I thank Viber for that! Haha. Well, you’re right, just the same concept but the difference is it’s free with Viber. Thanks!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi all,
We apologize for our delayed response.

@Sneakerhead86 -
It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

@JenSop -
Have you tried reinstalling Viber on both phones? Does the problem persist?

@msafa -
Unfortunately not. Viber's chat history is deleted upon uninstallation or deactivation.

@renania58 -
Viber servers "know" automatically that the "9" is just a code, so it is omitted but should not affect the receiving of the code. Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at http://support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.

@pmomo -
Please contact our support team regarding this issue, using this link:
http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

@Bilalo -
Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Please note that having full 3G reception doesn't mean your internet's bandwidth is at the maximum expected. When you see a "full reception bar", it merely means that physically, your phone is covered with the cellular signal.

When it comes to the bandwidth itself, your connection could still be slow due to various different reasons, such as being in an area with many other users from the same provider, thus congesting the network.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber should generally be very clear and are free of such disruptions.

neogt

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
Hi,
I have a problem, when I try calling or texting with Viber on 3G on my Samsung I9000 Galaxy S, I get an error (see picture!).
But everything else works on 3G.
Viber works great on WIFI only, any solution on how to make it work on 3G?

Carrier: Frog (Cosmote) - Romania.

Attachments

• shot_Aug_28_2012_0.jpg
    shot_Aug_28_2012_0.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,128

aijoe

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Can't Hear Voice from Viber

Hello to Viber
i need your help , i can't hear voice n from other side also when i use my ipod but can send text message :confused: , my software is IOS 5.1.1 so i think is already update. i don't no why .... is becoz of ipod ? but my fri said ipod can use viber too so can help me ? i'm waiting your reply
Thanks & Regards
aijoe:p

Last edited:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@neogt -

Some cellular providers are known to block VoIP (and Viber) on their 3G networks for users who don't pay specifically to use VoIP.

Have you contacted your provider? What do they say about it?
Also, do you have other friends on that same 3G network who are able to use Viber fine?

@aijoe -

Please test Viber on a few different WiFi networks, in order to rule our the possibility that this is a network-related issue.

Also, please note that Viber does not officially support iPods, so problems may arise when using Viber on it :(
However, we still invite you to contact our support team using this link, to get further assistance: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Pinkhay

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Hi

Im frm abudhabi I m using viber I installed it already and I tried and its working then after my iphone 4s updated into version 5.1.1 (9B206) the connection got in trouble dunno why? And when Im starting to call its not working and always showing that the server has no connection then later on its coming back. I tried to call then later it show redial??? What's going on? Could you please help me for this? And one more thing is accidentally I delete my viber app when I installed again I cant acces the code?? How can I access again??? Please I need your reply ASAP! Thank you

Regards
Khay

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.